The Alacrity stat and the Assault/IO spec

Vodamin

Is it me, or the alacrity buffs - from Supercharged celerity or Recharge Cells (sorry I dont know the names of mercenary analogues) absolutely ruin the Assault/IO rotation?

And how do you guys prevent it?

:eek:

Edited by Vodamin

It was also mentioned here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=783022

The bottom line is you DO NOT pop any kind of alacrity buffs IMMEDIATELY after you get a proc.

The safest zone is the couple of GCD before your proc ability is used.

I can explain in detail why but just follow the above and use alacrity buffs closely before and never closely after a proc.

The one external alacrity source that you do not necessarily control is the raid buff, encourage communication on when this is used so:

On the pull is always fine,

Mid fight is fine with warning

...and mid fight without warning is forbidden.

Edited by Gyronamics

With more experience in guild op runs this issue has become a 'non-issue' for me personally. Pop it at the beginning of the fight (have your mando healer pop it if u have one) and everything is jolly. Once you have a rock solid rotation down, the alacrity boost from "recharge cells" is no longer an issue either as it will always be used in the same location in your rotation.

I see it as a nice deterrent from people easily rolling into our beloved spec just because we parse high. Let it stand as is :)

I see it as a nice deterrent from people easily rolling into our beloved spec just because we parse high. Let it stand as is :)

And I see it as a Bioware's nuisance, and your comment as kinda elitist and generally annoying.

Edited by Vodamin

And I see it as a Bioware's nuisance, and your comment as kinda elitist and generally annoying.

Not my intention, I was only trying to bring comfort to the fact that if you stick with the spec and actually invest time into it, you will not be bothered by the alacrity issues.

I'm sorry that even people who can't hand the dynamic alacrity issues in the spec are still pulling higher than almost every class (engineering snipers excluded but screw them because rollbang)