Lightening Sorc 4k+ DPS

Azurestone

I for one couldn't break 4k sustained until i got my 192 gear and 6 set bonus (with 186 enhancements). I really think Ktaps opener is ideal to setting yourself up for good numbers and making sure you time your Force Potency to ensure you use it with Wave and Gust (or Quake). As Ktap said in his guide it really is RNG dependant sometimes but good timing on the rotation should help you get to that sustained level.

I parse 4.2-4.4k consistently now with the right APM.

On that note, that you Ktap for your guide it really did help a lot.

Grats on the numbers! And you're welcome :)

About the RNG, it's pretty crazy at times! I just had my best parse so far last night, and the crits weren't good. I just had really nice RNG on the 30% procs.

I wish there was less RNG involved, but it is what it is :p

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grats on the numbers! And you're welcome :)

About the RNG, it's pretty crazy at times! I just had my best parse so far last night, and the crits weren't good. I just had really nice RNG on the 30% procs.

I wish there was less RNG involved, but it is what it is :p

Cheers mate I pulled a 4.5 last night but that was with as you say good RNG. Is it just me or does the Old 4 set and the new 2 set pull better numbers than the current six set? I havn't tested it as I literally only rolled a Sage in 3.0 as my team needed more ranged going from a Sentinel. Now having I only run the new 6 set which after testing it it shaves between 20-30 seconds off force potency and I think the most consistent I can be and looking at your stats I am pretty much exactly the same however you have 3% more surge I do a consistent 4.3.

Thats exactly right I was looking at your parses in the other thread and its all dependent on how many Turbulence 30% procs you get. Obviously you will get in most cases get a a substantial amount of procs in your rotation but its all about which ability that was that triggered it as obviously a Burts 30% wont hit as hard as a Turb proc.

Cheers mate I pulled a 4.5 last night but that was with as you say good RNG. Is it just me or does the Old 4 set and the new 2 set pull better numbers than the current six set? I havn't tested it as I literally only rolled a Sage in 3.0 as my team needed more ranged going from a Sentinel. Now having I only run the new 6 set which after testing it it shaves between 20-30 seconds off force potency and I think the most consistent I can be and looking at your stats I am pretty much exactly the same however you have 3% more surge I do a consistent 4.3.

Thats exactly right I was looking at your parses in the other thread and its all dependent on how many Turbulence 30% procs you get. Obviously you will get in most cases get a a substantial amount of procs in your rotation but its all about which ability that was that triggered it as obviously a Burts 30% wont hit as hard as a Turb proc.

Yea :p

I thought the old 4 piece didn't work on Sages? Are you getting the 5% Alacrity buff now? :eek:

Yea :p

I thought the old 4 piece didn't work on Sages? Are you getting the 5% Alacrity buff now? :eek:

Nope haha I was simply asking you if you used it and if it still worked because i saw the 4.8 you pulled using the old 4 set and the new 2 set am I correct?. I will do some more parsing tonight and see if RNGesus is on my side to get a 4.8. With the 4.8 did you use a lot of force quake?

I have found with the 1 mil dummy you can use force potency 4 times and mental alacrity also 4 times if you are pulling 4.3-4.6.

I really wish they would hurry up and fix the Sage mind crush distance bug.

Nope haha I was simply asking you if you used it and if it still worked because i saw the 4.8 you pulled using the old 4 set and the new 2 set am I correct?. I will do some more parsing tonight and see if RNGesus is on my side to get a 4.8. With the 4.8 did you use a lot of force quake?

I have found with the 1 mil dummy you can use force potency 4 times and mental alacrity also 4 times if you are pulling 4.3-4.6.

I really wish they would hurry up and fix the Sage mind crush distance bug.

Yep. I only use Forcequake with Recklessness, and I only get 3 uses per fight using old 4 piece. Here's one I did last night. This was a lucky RNG parse I got while testing Alacrity, but ability usage is the same as normal.

I've certainly gotten better results using the old 4 piece / new 2 piece, and there's probably math somewhere to back it up, but idk where :p

iirc I saw somewhere it's like a 100-150 dps difference on paper or something.

It needs to be nerfed imo, or fixed for Sages (unlikely).

Edited by KTap

Yep. I only use Forcequake with Recklessness, and I only get 3 uses per fight using old 4 piece. Here's one I did last night. This was a lucky RNG parse I got while testing Alacrity, but ability usage is the same as normal.

I've certainly gotten better results using the old 4 piece / new 2 piece, and there's probably math somewhere to back it up, but idk where :p

iirc I saw somewhere it's like a 100-150 dps difference on paper or something.

Yeah it sounds like you use it the same way I do. Damn I cannot get those APM's atm with the ability lag atm was it a good night for you in that regard? I average 41-43 currently.

I think I will stick with the new 6 piece just in case they do nerf it and just take the slight DPS hit.

Yeah it sounds like you use it the same way I do. Damn I cannot get those APM's atm with the ability lag atm was it a good night for you in that regard? I average 41-43 currently.

I think I will stick with the new 6 piece just in case they do nerf it and just take the slight DPS hit.

Well, it doesn't work on Sages (I think?), so 6 piece should be a dps increase.

I was testing Alacrity, so I had 450 of it or so, which is why APM is so high. There was some ability delay, but it was better than normal.

Normal APM is around 45 depending on Force Speed usage.

Edited by KTap

Well, it doesn't work on Sages (I think?), so 6 piece should be a dps increase.

I was testing Alacrity, so I had 450 of it or so, which is why APM is so high. There was some ability delay, but it was better than normal.

Normal APM is around 45 depending on Force Speed usage.

Yeah that is probably about right I didn't realise it didn't work for sages but did for sorcs. I had no gear at 55 due to 12x XP (as I said I rolled Sage 3.0).

Once I can get the right amount of alacrity pieces I will give it a go myself or are you using alacrity augments to do that? What are your findings so far better or worse?

Edited by Revenal

Yeah that is probably about right I didn't realise it didn't work for sages but did for sorcs. I had no gear at 55 due to 12x XP (as I said I rolled Sage 3.0).

Once I can get the right amount of alacrity pieces I will give it a go myself or are you using alacrity augments to do that? What are your findings so far better or worse?

I was using Alacrity augments. Honestly, it's hard to tell without massive amounts of testing, the delay and high amount of RNG with the spec make testing a nightmare.

I'll be doing a lot of testing once I'm bis, was mostly messing around last night.

I was using Alacrity augments. Honestly, it's hard to tell without massive amounts of testing, the delay and high amount of RNG with the spec make testing a nightmare.

I'll be doing a lot of testing once I'm bis, was mostly messing around last night.

But there only one RNG proc. Proc for instant Chain Lightning. Am i wrong?

But there only one RNG proc. Proc for instant Chain Lightning. Am i wrong?

Instant Chain Lightning isn't random. It's a guaranteed proc once every 10 seconds off of Thundering Blast or Lightning Bolt.

The RNG that Handcuff is referring to is the various "double-tick" procs on Bolt, Flash, Chain Lightning, Thundering Blast and even Crushing Darkness. Basically, everything in our rotation has a chance to do 30% additional damage every time we press the button. To make matters worse, these double ticks further enhance our DPS by an enormous degree through the reduction on the Polarity Shift CD.

Altogether, a parse with good double ticks and awful crits will produce an absolutely god-mode amount of DPS. A parse with god-like crits but terrible double-ticks will produce pedestrian DPS at best, but more likely just very awful DPS. And technically speaking, this RNG has been reduced somewhat due to the toning down of the surge talents!

The first option is even more unlikely.... Most probably it will be nerfed for Sages if possible. Since launch I really was already convinced these differences between the factions aren't mere accident or bugs. The first time I saw I couldn't LoS Sorcerer's Shock while I had already mastered LoS Sage's Project I realized that.

By the way fellow players, I am at 1930 bonus dmg, 23% crit and 109.6 accu, I can avg at 4.1-4.2 now but I am nowhere near the 4.7 god parses on torparse leaderboard? Is this and RNGesus problem or a set bonus problem? I still don't have set bonus cause it's hard to find an opportunity to raid the new stuff on Bastion.

By the way fellow players, I am at 1930 bonus dmg, 23% crit and 109.6 accu, I can avg at 4.1-4.2 now but I am nowhere near the 4.7 god parses on torparse leaderboard? Is this and RNGesus problem or a set bonus problem? I still don't have set bonus cause it's hard to find an opportunity to raid the new stuff on Bastion.

I think the god parses have a combination of somewhat better gear and some very good luck. I have a 192 off hand, 186 main hand, full power augments, purely old set bonuses and mostly 186 mods/enhs/arms and I'm parsing around a 4350 with decent luck. If I weaved in Force Storm more aggressively, I would theoretically be doing better, though every parse where I try it my DPS goes down. :-) The combination of the new 2pc (paired with old 4pc), a 198 off hand, some more 192 mods/enhs, and figuring out exactly the best way to use Force Storm would probably net me a solid 300-400 DPS on a lucky parse, which is right in line with the god parses.

In other words, I don't think you're doing too badly.

So I did like 40 1 mil parses testing different stuff out with lightning. And to me the most stable & most highest dps comes from these kind of scenarios.

I'm using mostly min maxed 192 with 198 offhand. I'm using 344 surge, 24% crit, 215 alacrity. I tested out 4 different scenarios and did 10 parses on each.

1st one I was using 2 new set pieces & 4 old ones parsing with massive storm spam. The resulsts were in the 4,4k - 4,6k

2nd one I was using 2 new set pieces & 4 old ones parsing with around 16-20 storm hits per parse. The results were 4,2k - 4,4k

3rd one I was using the 6 new set pieces parsing with massive storm spam. The results were 4,3k - 4,4k

4th one I was using the 6 new set pieces parsing with around 16-20 storm hit per parse. The results were 4,5 - 4,6k

So from the numbers that I've got I'd say for parsing using 2 new & 4 old set piece mass storm spam & using 6 new set pieces with little storm spam nets the highest results.

I know this is a heavy rng spec and I did make mistakes since I'm still getting used to the rotation, but I hope this results help you guys out. If anyone else has done any extensive testing I'd like to see their results and what gear & rotation they tried out.

So I did like 40 1 mil parses testing different stuff out with lightning. And to me the most stable & most highest dps comes from these kind of scenarios.

I'm using mostly min maxed 192 with 198 offhand. I'm using 344 surge, 24% crit, 215 alacrity. I tested out 4 different scenarios and did 10 parses on each.

1st one I was using 2 new set pieces & 4 old ones parsing with massive storm spam. The resulsts were in the 4,4k - 4,6k

2nd one I was using 2 new set pieces & 4 old ones parsing with around 16-20 storm hits per parse. The results were 4,2k - 4,4k

3rd one I was using the 6 new set pieces parsing with massive storm spam. The results were 4,3k - 4,4k

4th one I was using the 6 new set pieces parsing with around 16-20 storm hit per parse. The results were 4,5 - 4,6k

So from the numbers that I've got I'd say for parsing using 2 new & 4 old set piece mass storm spam & using 6 new set pieces with little storm spam nets the highest results.

I know this is a heavy rng spec and I did make mistakes since I'm still getting used to the rotation, but I hope this results help you guys out. If anyone else has done any extensive testing I'd like to see their results and what gear & rotation they tried out.

sorry dude, but just 40? and only 10 per setup? you have to try 100 per setup. rng is a *****. and please don't forget to use 1.5mil dummy.

Edited by Citruzz

• 2 weeks later...

Like author of that topic i have same question.

Stats

4222 Willpower

1420 Power

2708 Force Power

1883.5 Bonus Damage

702 Accuracy Rating (109.44%)

268 Critical Rating (25.27%)

444 Surge (71.41%)

0 Alacrity

Rotation video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_FSoVQJff4

Log

http://rghost.ru/private/60443183/13cdc205c569ca9e0b3be9b12e158441

Screenshot of log

http://www.imagebam.com/image/30cf6f382864601

http://www.imagebam.com/image/24dd38382864710

With that all i can hardly break 4.3k DPS (No adrenal)... Maybe my rotation wrong? Or my opener and "burst rotation" wrong? I using Polarity Shift-->Thundering Blast-->Lightning Flash-->Crushing Darkness-->Chain Lightning-->Lightning Bolt x3-4 (Until Thundering Blast up)-->Thundering Blast--> Reckleness--> Chain Lightning--> Lightning Storm

(PS-->TB-->LF-->CD-->CL-->LB x3-4-->TB--> Reckleness--> CL--> LS)

Edited by LosevV

Like author of that topic i have same question.

Stats

4222 Willpower

1420 Power

2708 Force Power

1883.5 Bonus Damage

702 Accuracy Rating (109.44%)

268 Critical Rating (25.27%)

444 Surge (71.41%)

0 Alacrity

Rotation video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_FSoVQJff4

Log

http://rghost.ru/private/60443183/13cdc205c569ca9e0b3be9b12e158441

Screenshot of log

http://www.imagebam.com/image/30cf6f382864601

http://www.imagebam.com/image/24dd38382864710

With that all i can hardly break 4.3k DPS (No adrenal)... Maybe my rotation wrong? Or my opener and "burst rotation" wrong? I using Polarity Shift-->Thundering Blast-->Lightning Flash-->Crushing Darkness-->Chain Lightning-->Lightning Bolt x3-4 (Until Thundering Blast up)-->Thundering Blast--> Reckleness--> Chain Lightning--> Lightning Storm

(PS-->TB-->LF-->CD-->CL-->LB x3-4-->TB--> Reckleness--> CL--> LS)

Why are you delaying Recklessness on opener?

After your first TB > LF you have time to hit Recklessness, Chain Lightning and get a full channel of Force Storm before TB while taking advantage of Unlimited Power / relic procs / adrenal / etc.

Other than that, the rotation seemed fine, maybe some little mistakes here and there (using LF when TB was off CD, using CL when LF is off cooldown).

Another minor thing, at the end you used LF over CL when the dummy was really low, CL would have probably killed it 1 gcd sooner.

Also, I didn't see the old 4-piece proc, which is a nice dps boost over the new 6 piece. And adrenals help of course :p

Idk how optimized your gear is or anything, but your stats don't seem too bad and the rotation was certainly good. Maybe you're just at a ceiling until you get more gear.

Edited by KTap

I just have a few quick questions for KTap.

Do you use the old 4 set & 2 new? How much of a dps differnece is it between the 6 new & 4 old 2 new set bonuses in your experience?

How much alacrity are you runing in your gear? Is it ok to go 0 alacrity if you're runing the old set piece bonus?

I just have a few quick questions for KTap.

Do you use the old 4 set & 2 new? How much of a dps differnece is it between the 6 new & 4 old 2 new set bonuses in your experience?

How much alacrity are you runing in your gear? Is it ok to go 0 alacrity if you're runing the old set piece bonus?

I do use the old 4 set still, yes (and the new 2 piece). I'm not exactly sure what an average difference would be, I just noticed the parses were worse when testing it originally and swapped back to the old 4 piece. I'll be doing a bunch of testing soon, just need a mainhand to be bis. I saw someone say on paper it was like ~150 dps I think? Cannot confirm his or her math though.

I'm currently running 2 pieces of Alacrity (3.08%) by equipping 5 Accuracy pieces and 3 Accuracy augments for 109.99% Force Accuracy. Still playing around with gear a bit, but this setup has worked well for me (best parse with this setup is 5067 @ 1 mill dummy).

It's certainly ok to run 0 Alacrity, but if you can add some without sacrificing too much on other stats it is nice to have. If you're in 198's, I'd run at least 1 piece personally, but again, 0 is fine and you won't notice a huge difference either way.

Edited by KTap

Why are you delaying Recklessness on opener?

After your first TB > LF you have time to hit Recklessness, Chain Lightning and get a full channel of Force Storm before TB while taking advantage of Unlimited Power / relic procs / adrenal / etc.

Other than that, the rotation seemed fine, maybe some little mistakes here and there (using LF when TB was off CD, using CL when LF is off cooldown).

I delaying Recklessness because I think that using force storm at the end of Polarity Shift allow me to use more ability in Polarity Shift's window, am i wrong?

Edited by LosevV

I delaying Recklessness because I think that using force storm at the end of Polarity Shift allow me to use more ability in Polarity Shift's window, am i wrong?

You're not wrong, and it's definitely an interesting thought. Is it worth it to get less damage on auto crits to get more attacks in your first Polarity Shift? I don't know!

I'll add it to my list of things to test once bis :D

You're not wrong, and it's definitely an interesting thought. Is it worth it to get less damage on auto crits to get more attacks in your first Polarity Shift? I don't know!

I'll add it to my list of things to test once bis :D

Tell if you will be able to find out this.

P.S. Also i using that rotation because i fi start damage from that amount of burst our tank scold me.

Edited by LosevV