Disconnecting clients in matches

davijson

This has happened before and it keeps happening now, someone is using a script to do this...

Need help!

The other thing was our team was killing em left and right yet we only had a score of 4? I know I took out 5 at least so something is going on...

Thanks and merry christmas everyone!

Edited by davijson
mispellings

Happened again, do we have a problem with clients syncing or soemthing cause it looks a lot like a script that plagued us a while back...

The difference this time is my timer is going down but no response to anything, just a forever afterburn...

The "forever afterburn" is a symptom of you losing your connection. I had that happen at hotels mostly, when the packets are getting dropped enough by a terrible router (ex, the router decides to treat video game packets the same as youtube packets).

Scores are kept server side, but displayed client side. There's a known display glitch that causes your side to display as their side on one or more clients (though the game state is not effected by this, just your display).

These claims never have a twitch, youtube, or other evidence, so it's hard to take them seriously. I will say this: because the game is mediated by the server, your IP is not known to your opponents or allies unless you skype with them or join a voice chat server (ventrilo, mumble, etc.) owned by them. As such, they are not able to remotely mess with your connection in any way (aka, denial of service during a clutch ranked game, which is a rare thing in WoW and I'm pretty sure nonexistent here).

If you are implying instead that someone is manipulating their connection to lag around and be hard to destroy, I will say that this is almost assuredly not what you are seeing, and that such offenses are reportable, investigatable, and bannable- but if you see enemies doing this, it is always just a frustrating connection.

Edited by Verain

I find it strange how it happens on every match now, yet the only packet loss I see is when my client is hit, which leads me to think of that script. I will be at 70-90ms, then boom, plus the people we been killing, I am thinking its that glitch chic from wreck it ralph! They all over the place.

Can bring up websites, write in the forums, send email, yet stuck in either afterburn or shooting forever which is worse. Least afterburn you can explore a little...

I find it strange how it happens on every match now, yet the only packet loss I see is when my client is hit, which leads me to think of that script. I will be at 70-90ms, then boom, plus the people we been killing, I am thinking its that glitch chic from wreck it ralph! They all over the place.

Can bring up websites, write in the forums, send email, yet stuck in either afterburn or shooting forever which is worse. Least afterburn you can explore a little...

****** connection gotta be ******. That's just a client-server connection problem.