@Tait Headhunter's Body Armor jetpack bug

Reno_Tarshil

I have no idea, Reno. :(

If it were, they would have fixed quite a couple in the past already. As you know, they haven't.

Since most of the jet pack armors I've tried so far, work in high-detail mode, I suspect it is relative easy to fix (like setting a flag for the low detail mode same as in high detail) but my guess is that it is simply a matter of priority. Seeing as there's a semi-workaround and despite some nasty mis-alignments, this one is likely pretty low on the list.

Edited by LeJarC

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably not as easy as making females wearing the Regal Appearance Miniskirt use the female model in previews and cut scenes, and that's been broken for like seven months now.

[Not trying to derail your thread, my BH is my primary alt, and I had spent a lot of time tcollecting chest pieces with jet packs, so I want this fixed asap as well]

A body chest with a working jet pack on the back is something integral to EVERY Bounty Hunter, NOT to mention heavily featured in a plethora of trailers, screenshots and other promo materials, leading up to the release of the game.

In other words, I am sure you can tell the difference between both plights. ;)

Edited by Darth_Wicked

A body chest with a working jet pack on the back is something integral to EVERY Bounty Hunter, NOT to mention heavily featured in a plethora of trailers, screenshots and other promo materials, leading up to the release of the game.

In other words, I am sure you can tell the difference between both plights. ;)

I wasn't talking about the significance, I was talking about the ease of the fix. And while I agree that BH's with jetpacks are iconic, there is nothing that promised us that functionality. Both the BH jetpacks and the miniskirt issues are ones where everything *was* working and then the devs did something that broke it. Given that many of these jetpacks and the miniskirt are CM pack items which we had previously purchased, I see no reason to elevate one bug over another, especially when the miniskirt one *should* have been fixed (changes backed out) months before the other bug surfaced.

I wasn't talking about the significance, I was talking about the ease of the fix. And while I agree that BH's with jetpacks are iconic, there is nothing that promised us that functionality.

A jet pack on the back infers a functional jet pack... on the back.

NOT feet.

Both the BH jetpacks and the miniskirt issues are ones where everything *was* working and then the devs did something that broke it.

There are several chest pieces with non-functional jet packs since day one really. Not sure they broke anything, but rather coded something wrong.

Given that many of these jetpacks and the miniskirt are CM pack items which we had previously purchased, I see no reason to elevate one bug over another, especially when the miniskirt one *should* have been fixed (changes backed out) months before the other bug surfaced.

Seeing this thread is about working jet packs, I believe it is reasonable to elevate said bug to your mini-skirt.

Back on topic I guess. :D

Edited by Darth_Wicked

A jet pack on the back infers a functional jet pack... on the back.

NOT feet.

But then they should work for all characters, not just BHs...and the name of the Legacy Perk we're discussing is Rocket BOOTS, so yeah, feet is all we're being promised :)

There are several chest pieces with non-functional jet packs since day one really. Not sure they broke anything, but rather coded something wrong.

Not sure about those, but some that worked a couple of months ago broke recently, and that's what I though this thread was about. Also, by definition, jet packs from day one aren't CM, and therefore are automatically lower priority (kidding).

Seeing this thread is about working jet packs, I believe it is reasonable to elevate said bug to your mini-skirt.

Back on topic I guess. :D

1) Reno was talking about "ease of fix", so it wasn't inappropriate to compare the ease of this fix to the ease of other things that need to be fixed.

2) I thought I was clear that I wasn't trying to derail this thread, and that I am genuinely interested in this issue being fixed. I'm not saying fix the miniskirt issue *first*, or trying to downplay this issue, I'd like to see a patch address *both* of them (and lots of others) at the same time.

3) It gets boring bumping unacknowledged threads, so I figured I'd rotate the issues through several threads so that if the devs actually read one they might notice the other issues. Feel free to bring up the jetpack issue in one of the miniskirt issues.

But then they should work for all characters, not just BHs...and the name of the Legacy Perk we're discussing is Rocket BOOTS, so yeah, feet is all we're being promised :)

In this thread, we're discussing the jet pack not working properly altogether, not just the rocket boots.

Not sure about those, but some that worked a couple of months ago broke recently, and that's what I though this thread was about. Also, by definition, jet packs from day one aren't CM, and therefore are automatically lower priority (kidding).

Dunno if you actually think that to be honest. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt however. :confused:

1) Reno was talking about "ease of fix", so it wasn't inappropriate to compare the ease of this fix to the ease of other things that need to be fixed.

Nature of both bugs seems unrelated however.

2) I thought I was clear that I wasn't trying to derail this thread, and that I am genuinely interested in this issue being fixed. I'm not saying fix the miniskirt issue *first*, or trying to downplay this issue, I'd like to see a patch address *both* of them (and lots of others) at the same time.

I prefer to focus on this one to be honest. Also, the term you're looking for is "hijacking a thread". :p

3) It gets boring bumping unacknowledged threads, so I figured I'd rotate the issues through several threads so that if the devs actually read one they might notice the other issues. Feel free to bring up the jetpack issue in one of the miniskirt issues.

It helps when you know Tait is around.

I bumped a thread once or twice, hoping he would notice them; sometimes he does, others he does not. I guess it depends on the severity of the bug, plus the possibility he's mildly aware of it. :D

Edited by Darth_Wicked

In this thread, we're discussing the jet pack not working properly altogether, not just the rocket boots.

Dunno if you actually think that to be honest. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt however. :confused:

Nature of both bugs seems unrelated however.

I prefer to focus on this one to be honest. Also, the term you're looking for is "hijacking a thread". :p

It helps when you know Tait is around.

I bumped a thread once or twice, hoping he would notice them; sometimes he does, others he does not. I guess it depends on the severity of the bug, plus the possibility he's mildly aware of it. :D

Look at it this way: I have around 12 active characters, and I've spent a lot of time and credits on each of them and their primary companions, mainly on CM items. I'm affected by more than one bug. I want them all fixed, so if I occasionally side-bump another active issue while discussing a different active issue, I'm not trying to hijack the the thread.

And as for your confusion about whether or not I was serious about the CM issue-- I actually said (kidding) right afterwards. You usually seem like a fun guy, so everything I've said (from my perspective) has been as light-hearted banter. I've been in too many seriously annoying (/ annoyingly serious) threads lately, I was just trying to take a break :)

* snip *

It was in jest.

Were such not the case, I wouldn't use so many smilies. I'd avoid them like the plague. :D

Except for the last part obviously. Again, when you see Tait around, give it a bump. May work, even if they acknowledged it already. ;)

It's fine, guys. I just would like my Jetpack to fire from the Jetpack.

DENIED, FOOL. :mad:

Your suffering will provide me sustenance for eons to come.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

It was in jest.

Were such not the case, I wouldn't use so many smilies. I'd avoid them like the plague. :D

Except for the last part obviously. Again, when you see Tait around, give it a bump. May work, even if they acknowledged it already. ;)

DENIED, FOOL. :mad:

Your suffering will provide me sustenance for eons to come.

I will never give into despair. I mean I was rewarded with my Dye Combo and Color Crystal for my patience, no?

Ehm, I may be requiring glasses in every day life, but even without glasses I can read that the perk you mention does not mention boots. Also the icon of the first unlock does give the impression the exhausts are placed behind the character, and not below.

http://i.imgur.com/nbZcXh4.png

And if you'd have bothered to try, you'd have found out it DOES work for all classes if the character is wearing a chest armor with functioning jet pack. I can suggest the Rohlan Dyre chestpiece for this as it works with both Character Detail settings. (the only one that actually does as far as I am aware of)

Edited by LeJarC

Ehm, I may be requiring glasses in every day life, but even without glasses I can read that the perk you mention does not mention boots. Also the icon of the first unlock does give the impression the exhausts are placed behind the character, and not below.

http://i.imgur.com/nbZcXh4.png

And if you'd have bothered to try, you'd have found out it DOES work for all classes if the character is wearing a chest armor with functioning jet pack. I can suggest the Rohlan Dyre chestpiece for this as it works with both Character Detail settings. (the only one that actually does as far as I am aware of)

Actually, Boost and Boots are pretty close, since it involves switching just one letter, and the way most people pronounce it is pretty indistinguishable. I hardly ever see it written, and I always hear it as "Boots", and odds are I'll forget that it's Boost next time I go to write it down anyway :) . And I haven't been interested in having the jet packs work on other classes, I just know that when people talk about it, they always specify Bounty Hunters, so I assumed it was a thing.

That said, if you check out the rest of the thread, D. Wicked and I were basically teasing each other a bit -- at least on my part I wasn't really trying to downplay the bug.

Getting slightly annoyed that this still hasn't been acknowledged.

I have been waiting for the other ones to be acknowledged for almost three years now.

You're in for a long wait. :D

On a more serious note mate, move on; perhaps try to focus on the Shae Vizla one, seeing it's a CM item, plus the cover for the pack of the month. ;)

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I have been waiting for the other ones to be acknowledged for almost three years now.

On a more serious note mate, move on; perhaps try to focus on the Shae Vizla one, seeing it's a CM item, plus the cover for the pack of the month. ;)

Maybe if enough people yell or if enough threads reach enough pages we can get a response.

Hey folks,

Sorry I've been so quiet on this one! I looked into it for any updates and, while we are aware of the bug, there is currently no timeline for a fix. I'll make sure to let you know as soon as I hear anything, but I have no idea when that will be.

-Tait

Hey folks,

Sorry I've been so quiet on this one! I looked into it for any updates and, while we are aware of the bug, there is currently no timeline for a fix. I'll make sure to let you know as soon as I hear anything, but I have no idea when that will be.

-Tait

A bit sad to hear no timeline for a fix, but thank you for acknowledging it finally, Tait.

I hereby acknowledge all jet pack related bugs! We know that those have not been working as expected, and I spoke with the team that handles that, and we are going to prioritize Shae's and Headhunter's jetpacks. After that we'll kind of "go down the list" as we have a chance. For now, though, I have let them know that you folks really want to see them fixed, so we'll see what we can do, starting with the aforementioned two. Right now, we're seeing if we can get it into 3.1 - no promises.

-Tait

I hereby acknowledge all jet pack related bugs! We know that those have not been working as expected, and I spoke with the team that handles that, and we are going to prioritize Shae's and Headhunter's jetpacks. After that we'll kind of "go down the list" as we have a chance. For now, though, I have let them know that you folks really want to see them fixed, so we'll see what we can do, starting with the aforementioned two. Right now, we're seeing if we can get it into 3.1 - no promises.

-Tait

This is great news Tait. I know it's not 100% promised but it's nice to know it's a priority. Thank you for this Tait. :)

i hereby acknowledge all jet pack related bugs! We know that those have not been working as expected, and i spoke with the team that handles that, and we are going to prioritize shae's and headhunter's jetpacks. After that we'll kind of "go down the list" as we have a chance. For now, though, i have let them know that you folks really want to see them fixed, so we'll see what we can do, starting with the aforementioned two. Right now, we're seeing if we can get it into 3.1 - no promises.

-tait

❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤

-Tait

Can you place the Imperial Pilot Suit on the list, it has a jetpack, but the game fires from the boots, not the back for it.