The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Just came back to Swtor after a 1 year layoff and...

Anatharion

Next order of business. I am playing a lvl 33-36 Sage and wanted to do PVP. I used to be very good at PVP. So I enter my first 10 pvp matches and find i'm fighting rank 30-60 players, most of whom are lvl 55+ and it's not *********** fun. You have ruined PVP for levels 30-55 characters. Another big mistake. And the most ****ed up part is way back at around the four month mark of hte game when lots of us were lvl 50 and geared you made lvl 50 only queue's and it made pvp for lvl 10-49 really *********** fun again. So you could play alts and have a good time.

Mid-level PvP is currently bugged to the moon and back. Please do not play mid-level PvP for the next future.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Yup you were right, I forgot how to reverse engineer, it only took me two tries to open up the blue. Finally, now I can sleep. I crafted over 40 of those Resolve Hilt green 16's now. What a waste of time.

I used to work in retail, and among other things, we sold paper shredders. These shredders had two switches on them - a hard on/off switch on the back, and a soft power switch on top for convenience. Every few weeks, a customer would enter the store, having worked themselves into a righteous fury, because their brand-new shredder didn't turn on. They would yell, they would insult me, they would demand that they not only get money back, but be given extra compensation for the inconvenience of their purchase. I would then look at the device, flip the power switch on the back on, and shred a page to demonstrate the device, in fact, functioned.

On about half the incidents, the customers would pick up the shredder and leave immediately, with combined embarrassment and disappointment that their tantrum was both ineffective and unfounded.

The lesson I learned was to double check to make sure that things I work on legitimately aren't working before I go on a rampage to get it resolved.

I used to work in retail, and among other things, we sold paper shredders. These shredders had two switches on them - a hard on/off switch on the back, and a soft power switch on top for convenience. Every few weeks, a customer would enter the store, having worked themselves into a righteous fury, because their brand-new shredder didn't turn on. They would yell, they would insult me, they would demand that they not only get money back, but be given extra compensation for the inconvenience of their purchase. I would then look at the device, flip the power switch on the back on, and shred a page to demonstrate the device, in fact, functioned.

On about half the incidents, the customers would pick up the shredder and leave immediately, with combined embarrassment and disappointment that their tantrum was both ineffective and unfounded.

The lesson I learned was to double check to make sure that things I work on legitimately aren't working before I go on a rampage to get it resolved.

Yeah, I do a lot of phone support and when a customer calls and tells me that the instrument is not coming on at all the first thing I say is "Please do not be insulted, but have you verified that there is power at the socket and the unit is plugged in?" It always gets a laugh and sometimes an embarrassed apology for wasting my time :)

I just came back of a year break or so myself and i'm impressed with what the game has come out with in that time zone.

WoD disappointed me and that's why i'm here.

Pretty much this. I'm still holding onto both, mostly because of friends and inertia, but currently I find SW: TOR more fun out of those two games. Garrisons and followers (the essence of WoD) were a bit of a disappointment. Followers are simply subpar to SW: TOR companions. You can't even issue basic commands to them or put them on "passive", and they don't even have their unit frame shown, unless specifically targeted.

BTW, after more than a year of playing SW: TOR with cancelled WoW sub, followed by a resub, my first impression playing WoW again was that it is so slow. SW: TOR gameplay just feels a lot faster and more responsive. Even with the lag.

Edited by Strajder