Buying Ship Upgrades w/ Fleet Comms

Korithras

This would be a great way to help new players/new ships get upgrades from stock more quickly. It wouldn't break the system seeing as there is a limited number of fleet comms that can be earned per day, but it does offer the option to help new players or players with new ships get parts and upgrades for their fighters without getting brutalized by the veterans in their mastered ships.

I think what you really want is the removal of vertical progression.

On the one hand, vertical progression feels rewarding. It's nice to finally master your first ship, or your first fleet, or whatever.

On the other hand, vertical progression creates a barrier to entry -- if you're not at least as well geared as the average, you are probably not going to have a good time. And there have been a number of fights I've lost because I'm on an alt and my opponents are on their mains; that match we had ten minutes ago against that premade I told you not to complain about was just one example.

Of course, removing vertical progression would mean BioWare would have to completely overhaul their revenue strategy, and I don't think that's going to happen.

I think what you really want is the removal of vertical progression.

Not the case at all. I understand the need for vertical progression, but players who are either new to GSF or are working on stock ships could use a little help, is all I'm saying. It's not like there's much to get aside from the rank 7 ship parts and decorations anyways. And beyond those, what use are the comms?

Not the case at all. I understand the need for vertical progression, but players who are either new to GSF or are working on stock ships could use a little help, is all I'm saying. It's not like there's much to get aside from the rank 7 ship parts and decorations anyways. And beyond those, what use are the comms?

Honestly.. That would be a good idea... And it would probably be really funny to see noobs in a maxed TT flashfire..They would get destroyed so fast..