Shadowlands GSF- Republic

sartt

You all are bad, only time you win is when you all switch to gunships / flashfires, oh and lag.

To the guy who went 30 - 2 in the gunship ( you know who you are ) Please GET OFF U.S SERVERS. Couldn't even lock on to you with cluster missiles, and the one time i did they hit you and did 0 DAMAGE.

End of thread.

Weshra. :csw_vadertie:

Edited by sartt

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know anything about this, except that every time I snipe at anyone or endlessly evade cluster missile champions, I'm going to hope it is you, getting this mad!

uh huh..you'll be dead before the cluster missiles hits you. Quad Laser Cannons 500 Damage-ish per shot,

and i DONT MISS.

uh huh..you'll be dead before the cluster missiles hits you. Quad Laser Cannons 500 Damage-ish per shot,

and i DONT MISS.

Your sig in the first post said Weshra. Is that your Imp toon on Shadowlands? I can't recall seeing that name and thinking, "God damn! That guy doesn't miss."

I thought weshra was your name...

All I need is a "kill ______"

Weshra is on Imp side, I've seen that name even got crossed a few times...

Now to the op, you should chill a bit... we already had a flame war because some Pub pilots called out Imps on our server, dont start a 2nd one. If you can't deal with gunships, give me a call, you know who I am.

Who is this mysterious Shadowlands Republic ace? All I know is that it's not me, since my career high in kills is well short of 30. While there are a number of pilots on Shadowlands who are better than me, the only one I really feel badly overmatched against is Xi'ao (= Fractalsponge), who's an Imp, and I've never seen him have lag for an evasion tactic.

Who is this mysterious Shadowlands Republic ace? All I know is that it's not me, since my career high in kills is well short of 30. While there are a number of pilots on Shadowlands who are better than me, the only one I really feel badly overmatched against is Xi'ao (= Fractalsponge), who's an Imp, and I've never seen him have lag for an evasion tactic.

No, Xi'ao just moves the second you hit him and then evades for long enough that one of his buddy jumps on you. When I gunship and get hit, I move right away too, but my whole team is like "what, you have a tail? so?" and I just have to make do. It's like that line from Top Gun where that one guy is like "where'd he go?" and his copilot is like "where'd who goooo?" Your teammates can never find you or help you.

;) (winky in case all that wasn't clearly enough a joke)

:sul_wink:

I'm no ace, but I'll go after any gunship I can- let me know who it is that vexes you and I'll be sure to give him/her some attention. I am often overmatched by skilled gunships, but tenacity and a little strategy can go a long way toward rattling their cages. I know Xi'ao is more skilled than I'll ever be, but I won't hesitate to go after him when we're on opposite sides. I've even gotten him a few times :). (Then there's the crop of Xi'ao wannabes- they're just fun to blow up as a consequence of their hubris. ;) )

That being said, when one gunship becomes 2, 3, 4, etc. the job gets significantly harder, esp. in a PUG. Also, many of our server's "aces" often run in teams with other skilled pilots. Not sure what the answer is if an equally-skilled team is not available, but I say just keep plugging away- any and all experience will be helpful, even if it is frustrating.

The more you play, the more you'll get to know your opponents- even the best pilots get beaten sometimes. Try not to be intimidated and see if you can work with your team to form a strategy. Also, sincere requests for help/strategy on the boards are usually answered with some pretty good advice.

I'm no ace, but I'll go after any gunship I can

Pretty much this, no matter if people put you on the aces list or nah, just go kill gunships if they are annoying you, don't let them free.

(Then there's the crop of Xi'ao wannabes- they're just fun to blow up as a consequence of their hubris. ;) )

Sir, we have names, but if you can't remember all of us... we go for either Xi'ao's Cronies or Imperial Elitist ********, not Xi'ao wannabes (We love the 2nd one) :p

Edit: Btw did anyone find out this person? I'm curious now

Edited by AAntan

Pretty much this, no matter if people put you on the aces list or nah, just go kill gunships if they are annoying you, don't let them free.

Sir, we have names, but if you can't remember all of us... we go for either Xi'ao's Cronies or Imperial Elitist ********, not Xi'ao wannabes (We love the 2nd one) :p

Edit: Btw did anyone find out this person? I'm curious now

The "Asian guy who killed him behind a satellite" was me.

The "Asian guy who killed him behind a satellite" was me.

Oh sorry man, I just noted your sig and your post. Welcome to Shadowlands, now I need to see you in space because I like challanges :p

Edited by AAntan

Just for clarification- by "wannabes," I wasn't referring to Xi'ao's teammates/friends (of which I am often one when flying imp side) or skilled pilots in general- I was specifically thinking of those who chose to name themselves things like "Xi'aopub" or "Xi'aonumberthree" and such. I guess it can be viewed as homage (I'm not Xi'ao, so I can't say how he feels about it), but the cynic in me suspects it's done to try to scare less-experienced players into thinking they're flying against the actual Xi'ao using one of his other character slots. Either way, I have yet to meet a Xi'ao clone that is anywhere near the challenge that the one true Xi'ao himself is.

I was specifically thinking of those who chose to name themselves things like "Xi'aopub" or "Xi'aonumberthree" and such.

Oh those... Yes I find them funny, it's like Imp side version of Rogue Squadron I guess, but so far with less hate.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.