I planned to buy the new Vectron J0-1Y, but...

Sindariel

I am sure it will sell plenty.

Just to play devils advocate. This is roughly the same price that WoW charges for their real money mounts ($25 each)...

so... yeah.

They must be selling or both companies would have lowered the price by now.

Edited by ninjonxb

But it will ONLY be available for a LIMITED time. It sure is worth the price of admission for that ALONE.

:rolleyes:

Um, No its not!

I gave that in this latest Digital expansion pack 20 dollars, thats roughly the 2000CC. So lets recap.

1 item for 2000cc

or

2. A whole expansion pack with a crap load of items events to quest through.

Hmmmm, I'll spend my REAL money on the latter.

I am sure it will sell plenty.

Just to play devils advocate. This is roughly the same price that WoW charges for their real money mounts ($25 each)...

so... yeah.

They must be selling or both companies would have lowered the price by now.

Shame SoR is not roughly the same size as WoD then, seeing you found necessary to bring up WoW. :rolleyes:

Um, No its not!

I gave that in this latest Digital expansion pack 20 dollars, thats roughly the 2000CC. So lets recap.

1 item for 2000cc

or

2. A whole expansion pack with a crap load of items events to quest through.

Hmmmm, I'll spend my REAL money on the latter.

Sarcasm just goes over your head, hah?

WoD is $50... SoR was $20.

So I wouldn't expect them to be the same size.

Of course you wouldn't. :rolleyes:

Shame SoR is not roughly the same size as WoD then, seeing you found necessary to bring up WoW. :rolleyes:

I also don't disagree that $20/$25 is a lot for a mount.

Just pointing out that another MMO sells mounts for roughly the same price for a few years now.

I don't think Bioware pricing this high is unwarranted.

It plays into psychology a bit. The people that buy it are willing to spend the money because it feels "exclusive" due to the price and the limited timeframe.

Sarcasm just goes over your head, hah?

Of course you wouldn't. :rolleyes:

This is off topic but I don't get the point you are trying to make....

I would easily say that SoR is half the size of WoD

SoR cost less then half the price of WoD.

Obviously WoD would have more content when they are charging 2.5x what SoR costs. (Not even counting the fact that WoW did not get anything for well over a year while we got GSF, GSH, plus a few other things)

This is off topic but I don't get the point you are trying to make....

You're the same individual who a few months back claimed that Strongholds hadn't been delayed for an additional two months. I mean, what else is there to expect? :rolleyes:

I would easily say that SoR is half the size of WoD

SoR cost less then half the price of WoD.

I would easily say that SoR is far less than half the size of WoD, assuming you are even trying to be truthful, which you aren't. As usual.

Obviously WoD would have more content when they are charging 2.5x what SoR costs. (Not even counting the fact that WoW did not get anything for well over a year while we got GSF, GSH, plus a few other things)

Laughable.

Not a single new operation in fourteen months, in addition to flashpoints outside tactical ones and daily areas. Need I go on?

Also, GSF was shelved indefinitely. Keep going though.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Laughable.

Not a single new operation in fourteen months, in addition to flashpoints outside tactical ones and daily areas. Need I go on?

Also, GSF was shelved indefinitely. Keep going though.

*Raises hand*

I liked CZ-198. And I want the Walker mount from Yavin.

But, yeah, the lack of group content is kinda lame. I haven't played GSF(My craptop can't run it and I'm not very interested in it) or used Strongholds(This is mostly just the pragmatist in me, but I may try to get a bigger stronghold bonus to conquest if I start to play more). It doesn't make up for a lack of quality group content that's fun and replayable(Tactical FPs are only good for the first time only). I guess KDY was good for those who like leveling alts, but it isn't very fun.

-Duran'del

Edited by TheSupaCoopa

"I planned on buying this thing, but it was too expensive"

Why is this somehow shocking to people?

Do the expect eveything in the world to be priced according to their tastes and economic situation?

Hell, I really wanted to buy a Ferrari, but it's too expesive so now everyone should be outraged at how expensive it is... because I don't want to pay that much...

Or something... :rolleyes:

I agree about the high price. Maybe I would have bought it for 500CC, but I'm not a big mount collector; I only get the mounts I really like. Not being a big fan of podracers, this Vectron just does not interest me at all. Now, if they had real reindeers or tauntauns in front instead of just engines, I'd buy it for 2k CC immediately, but sadly it isn't. :(

2000CC? Not gonna happen.

Bioware still hasn't learned their lesson and missed out on another good opportunity to make a lot of money from players.

For a cheaper price, this mount would have sold like hot cake, but for 2000 CC... i don't think so.

I've never paid CCs for a mount yet.. and I have all the CM ones in my collections.

I know.. astonishing.. right?

Players will buy it and resell it in game for credits to raise some quick in-game capital... just like many other items in the market. Take advantage of free enterprise and get it with credits off the GTN.

I may actually pass on this mount though. The jingle bells when the mount moves is a little too much for my tastes.

Edited by Andryah

It'd be a fun holiday mount to spend a few on, or even better - earn through the event - but 2K CC? Hard pass.

I would have to agree with that. For normal mounts or stuff, I'm OK with that kind of thing, but for "holiday" items, I think a cheaper price would have been more befitting the occasion. 1200-1500 probably would be much more reasonable, or at least offer a Life Day bundle (like they had the first/second years) with the speeder included for 2000-2400.