The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Petition: add some VA for lord scourge

nerazzurroblue

well you knew someone was going to ask :D

This is a petition for Bioware to add some voice acting for lord scourge in shadow of revan expansion iam sure it's not that hard

i mean come on if you want the story of revan to be finished then give us a definitive ending for all of it and lord scourge is one of the key persons in this plot you can't just leave it like that :confused:

anyone else who agree please make your opinion clear and maybe we will get a response

thanks

• Thanks 1

Unfortunately Bioware Austin hasn`t enough budget to give him a few lines.

They only generate a few 100 million trough the cartell martket plus the money from subscribers. That`s not enough for a few lines for the companion who has VERY IMPORTANT TIES WITH REVAN. Nope, apparently this goes all to EA ****** franchises like FiFA and Maiden. Also not enough for a non basic companions who DO NOT NEED A VOICE ACTOR to have some lines. But this is Bioware Austin, most of them probably haven´t even finished one class story.

Sorry for the harsh words but Bioware Austin deserves to get called out for that one. Someone should actually ask the Lead Writter trough twitter.

I am all for the petition even if it`s futile but I support that!

well you knew someone was going to ask :D

This is a petition for Bioware to add some voice acting for lord scourge in shadow of revan expansion iam sure it's not that hard

i mean come on if you want the story of revan to be finished then give us a definitive ending for all of it and lord scourge is one of the key persons in this plot you can't just leave it like that :confused:

anyone else who agree please make your opinion clear and maybe we will get a response

thanks

Good luck with that. We can't even get them to make his default armor moddable so that he actually looks like a sith. As it is now, I refuse to even use Scourge because he has a stupid *** robe on that makes him look like a jedi.

Good luck with that. We can't even get them to make his default armor moddable so that he actually looks like a sith. As it is now, I refuse to even use Scourge because he has a stupid *** robe on that makes him look like a jedi.

There are alternatives: Eradicator armor set or the ones for Naga Sadow and Marka Ragnos.

Certainly a minor issue -- BY FAR -- when compared to his silence throughout the entire expansion.

There are alternatives: Eradicator armor set or the ones for Naga Sadow and Marka Ragnos.

Certainly a minor issue -- BY FAR -- when compared to his silence throughout the entire expansion.

Even then a good Black and Red Dye kit which is pretty cheap on most GTNs fixes most of this with some minor creativity.

Most likely the actor who did the voice was not available for the expansion.

Judging from this list, I find that unlikely.

They just decided to significantly pare down the VA for this expansion, at least as far as companions are concerned. You see, 100$ million plus revenue on a yearly basis is too little apparently. :p

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Judging from this list, I find that unlikely.

They just decided to significantly pare down the VA for this expansion, at least as far as companions are concerned. You see, 100$ million plus revenue on a yearly basis is too little apparently. :p

My point was there could be several actors who didn't want to come back again, which could explain why some companions didn't get any VA.

My point was there could be several actors who didn't want to come back again, which could explain why some companions didn't get any VA.

They all returned for RoTHC.

Each had like twenty comments on that planet alone, which is double the number of comments available for both Rishi AND Yavin 4.

Why wouldn't they return yet again for SoR? :confused:

Plus, again, take a look at the list: There is a method to it, a clear intent behind it, namely having the most popular romanceable companions commenting on stuff; one for each class gender.

It's not random or just the VA's NOT wanting to submit new stuff for the game, but rather having ONLY two companions commenting on stuff and what not.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

They all returned for RoTHC.

Each had like twenty comments on that planet alone, which is double the number of comments available for both Rishi AND Yavin 4.

Why wouldn't they return yet again for SoR? :confused:

Plus, again, take a look at the list: There is a method to it, a clear intent behind it, namely having the most popular romanceable companions commenting on stuff; one for each class gender.

It's not random or just the VA's NOT wanting to submit new stuff for the game, but rather having ONLY two companions commenting on stuff and what not.

I do agree with you that it is more likely. But I do think it is also possible for some actors to refuse to come back for whatever reason they might have, which could force them to apply some sort of rationing plan (if you want to call it as such).

I do agree with you that it is more likely. But I do think it is also possible for some actors to refuse to come back for whatever reason they might have, which could force them to apply some sort of rationing plan (if you want to call it as such).

I say that to myself to make me feel better, but at the end of the day, I still find it unlikely. :p

I fail to understand why would voice actor refuse money for a very small amount of his or hers time.

This looks like someone looked at metrics and said "meh, nobody uses these companions anyway, so why bother"

What I find even more puzzling is that not even companions who do not "speak" (or speak gibberish) are not voiced. It is not like they have a voice actor doing these sounds for each line, I believe...

Edited by Aries_cz

SIGNED

Unlike other companions, Scourge is really the most important one and SHOULD play some part in the story that concerns the Emperor.

Also - we should be getting companion dialogue. at least 4 dialogues per companion after three years. :/ there is plenty to talk about.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue
  • Thanks 1

I fail to understand why would voice actor refuse money for a very small amount of his or hers time.

This looks like someone looked at metrics and said "meh, nobody uses these companions anyway, so why bother"

I find this scenario likely.

Regardless, these people feel bipolar at times.

Makeb even had the protocol droids, C2-N2 and 2V-R8, commenting on stuff for crying out loud. It took me forever to realize it at the time. :p

SIGNED

Unlike other companions, Scourge is really the most important one and SHOULD play some part in the story that concerns the Emperor.

Also - we should be getting companion dialogue. at least 4 dialogues per companion after three years. :/ there is plenty to talk about.

Divorce you mean? :p

They said voice acting and recording lines isn't expensive compared to other things in this game so I don't see the problem in making few more character companion dialogues.

They have altered the deal. Pray they do not alter it any further.

:csw_vader:

Still don't understand why we have a Vader smilie but whatever.

Seriously, you'd think that if they were going to add VA to any of the companions, even just ONE companion over all 8 classes, Scourge would have been the obvious choice. I don't even main a knight, or main pub at all, but given his close ties

both to Revan and to the Emperor

to not have him give ANY comments in ANY of the cinematics seems like a huge oversight.

• Like 1

GET. DA. F**K. OUT. :mad:

Joseph Gatt or Scourge goes silent until the end of days. No middle-ground.

:p

was just replying to that possibility :D but tbh even if that was the case i just want some lines same actor or not if you have to chose between no lines at all or some lines with another actor then i chose the 2nd one :D

now make some noise until we get a reply :D