PVE soloing, 3.0, Commando or Vanguard?

Levensoguitar

Hi everybody, just starting a trooper and I'm about to choose my path. What would you recommend in order to be able to solo heroics (at low level and up)? I don't want to do close combat attack (I think there's one on the Vanguard side). I don't mind about being a healer, as long as he can solo with a companion. Thanks

Hi everybody, just starting a trooper and I'm about to choose my path. What would you recommend in order to be able to solo heroics (at low level and up)? I don't want to do close combat attack (I think there's one on the Vanguard side). I don't mind about being a healer, as long as he can solo with a companion. Thanks

Commando it is. If you dont like being melee, dont roll a melee class.

So long as you're good at companion control, you can solo almost every [heroic 4] mission in the game as a healer with a tank companion, with the only ones you can't being ones with an enforced minimum characters limit (e.g. Long Shots on Section X).

Vanguard.

Commando is messed up in my opinion. BW made the 3.0 Commando into kind of a Glass Cannon. Takes damage very fast when it counts and, except for the Medic, has useless heals. 2.x was fairly rugged and could heal it's way out of a lot of jams. No more of that. I shelved my level 53 Commando, it's just completely different now and I think BW's idea is a bit flawed.

Vanguard is too melee oriented for a Blaster Rifle class, but it cuts a swathe across battles.

Up to you.

Edited by Idaho-D

Vanguard.

Commando is messed up in my opinion. BW made the 3.0 Commando into kind of a Glass Cannon. Takes damage very fast when it counts and, except for the Medic, has useless heals. 2.x was fairly rugged and could heal it's way out of a lot of jams. No more of that. I shelved my level 53 Commando, it's just completely different now and I think BW's idea is a bit flawed.

Vanguard is too melee oriented for a Blaster Rifle class, but it cuts a swathe across battles.

Up to you.

Idk man everyone's saying merc heals are top right now.

I agree with other post and healer merc with a tank comp should get the job done for ya.

I'd suggest treek if u have her. In my PERSONAL opinion she's overpowered.

Gl to u sir