The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Hydraulic Overrides bugged!?

Individual

The only time I experience something like this is with Master Strike/Ravage roots if I activate Hold the Line/Hydraulic Overrides during the channel. It creates this rubber banding effect that drags me back to where I started.

Noticing the problem less in 3.0 but still occasionally. (Playing VG Tactics with Hold the Line utilities).

Haven't found other rooting problems though.

-J

Noticed this in the second CZ-198 FP, when fighting the wraid (the desert environment boss). When you drag him to the sandstorm generators, he stuns you. When you drag him with HO/HtL activated, you keep going, get rubberbanded and stunned, then he casts Rampage too far away from the generator. If you are soloing, that's it. Obviously a proper healer can keep everyone up long enough for Rampage to cast again, but that's not the point here.

Is the speed bonus on Hydraulic Overrides actually working? I just got this skill and I dont see any difference in movement speed when activating. I even tried to run next to some other player and activating it and I didnt "gain" on him. Tried testing with timer in my hand - the distance covered with and without HO during 6 seconds seems the same.

Even if my "methods" are far from perfect, 30% bonus is high enough number to be clearly noticable, but I dont see any diference.

Edited by Nefczi

Is the speed bonus on Hydraulic Overrides actually working? I just got this skill and I dont see any difference in movement speed when activating. I even tried to run next to some other player and activating it and I didnt "gain" on him. Tried testing with timer in my hand - the distance covered with and without HO during 6 seconds seems the same.

Even if my "methods" are far from perfect, 30% bonus is high enough number to be clearly noticable, but I dont see any diference.

The speed boost is certainly working. The heroic utility 45% boost is so ridiculous and fun to just run around with.

I'm assuming you did all of these random tests while in combat, which is when HtL actually works.

Overrides adds to your base movement speed. If you have sprint on, you will not notice a difference because sprint also increases your movement speed by 30% (they don't stack). Sprint is disabled during combat, so you should definitely notice the difference in speed if you're in combat.

If you take the 45% extra movement speed utility (which you definitely should if you pvp), you WILL notice the difference if you're out of combat and have sprint on because the total increase is now 75%.