The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

How's Advanced Prototype for PVE?

NogueiraA

Is AP parsing 4200+ like many other specs?

I want to play my Powertech but is it still viable for the new ops, lots of adds and burst required.

It can parse that if you are full 192's on both specs (Pyro beating AP by 200 dps in the testing I did on PTS), I didnt use augments tho so probably you can get an avg of 4.3k

It can parse that if you are full 192's on both specs (Pyro beating AP by 200 dps in the testing I did on PTS), I didnt use augments tho so probably you can get an avg of 4.3k

Mmmm, because there's some specs already parsing 4200+ in 186's. Hatred, Vengeance, Ruffian.

Mmmm, because there's some specs already parsing 4200+ in 186's. Hatred, Vengeance, Ruffian.

And none of them can hit that in a raid. Or open with a 10k dps opener

e.g. I hit 5k DPS on malaphar the savage HM the other day. Second place was another tactics vanguard at about 4.5k, and then a vig guardian @4k

And none of them can hit that in a raid. Or open with a 10k dps opener

e.g. I hit 5k DPS on malaphar the savage HM the other day. Second place was another tactics vanguard at about 4.5k, and then a vig guardian @4k

Well... I 150% agree raid DPS is way different than dummy DPS, and a lot of that is how well the player translates it over, not just how the spec does (example, some people are great at getting all their flamethrowers or ravages off in movement heavy fights by using timing, others are not).

However, Malaphar is a VERY weird fight to judge DPS on, as when you move out of the circle can greatly affect your DPS.

But yeah, I think AP is a spec that while it won't compete on a dummy with Pyro, I think in practice its amazing for raids because of the awesome movement and burst capabilities.

Edited by wadecounty

However, Malaphar is a VERY weird fight to judge DPS on, as when you move out of the circle can greatly affect your DPS.

Yeah I picked Malaphar as an example because he was my most recent HM Kill that I had a log readily available for.

In SM though I just run pyro and stand in the circle. 7k DPS FTW

In SM though I just run pyro and stand in the circle. 7k DPS FTW

Yep, I did around 7k doing that same thing, Pyro is really nice but people don't give it a go since AP is now FotM (which makes me hate AP because I used that spec since game release, dealing with all the bad crap it had :/)

AP is nice on PvE, like it was stated before, dummy wise other classes win, but raid wide, you can have the upper hand since the huge mobility and insane burst (even guarded you can pull, trust me) makes target switch (something that happens often on these ops) a breeze