The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Healing issues

Missywink

Don't know if it just me, but I am really struggling on my inquisitor to heal since 3.0. Am level 60 and have the full set of Force Healer gear from doing all the quests. Tonight I bought the Yavin Force Healers robe and decided to try out an heroic. Now I don't know if it was an under geared tank or if my healing sucked, but I struggled to keep him alive.

I mentioned this to my friend who logged he lvl56 Scoundrel healer and we started to do some comparisons. He was out healing me by a massive amount. This is what is making me think that Sage/Inquisitor healing is struggling since 3.0.

What are your thoughts on this ? Anyone else finding it difficult to heal since 3.0 ?

I've been getting well over a million in PVP matches on my sorc, and last night I healed for nearly 2million in a single ops boss fight.

Comparing to someone outside your class is a bit unfair, although; I've struggled to keep up with a scoundrel I run ops with due to our different healing abilities and HoT items.

Gear plays a factor in sage ability for sure, the 6 piece set is utterly fantastic. You also can't compare to scoundrel, they have always had the ability to crazy numbers simply due to the nature of their heals. I look at them more so as fluff healers, good numbers but not always what the situation calls for.

As for sages, my god we're amazing. energy management is almost non existent (more so with 4 piece) and we can burst heal really well on tanks and raid heal rather well with salvation. We also have our strength in armor increases. Rejuvenate and force armor go a long way in mitigating incoming damage. Rejuvs armor increase lasts 45 secs, so spread that around the group. Learn how it affects all four of your abilities when you use it. Then use force armor situationally as opposed to on cooldown. If you know a big hit is coming, bubble them. If you're taken by surprise of a big hit bubble them to give yourself more time.

Sages may not be mandos but they are a close 2nd.