I am just gonna say it.... I love the PVP in this game!

Malckiah

While PVP is fun, I'm not appreciating RNG with warzones atm.

Came back after being gone for a year. To relearn I've started leveling a new toon. I mainly pvp and I am having some fun again solo pvping with noobs. I'm running into a lot less pre-mades, not that I minded them much anyway. But, POT5 population really is down, queues are a lot longer, and out of 50 or so WZ not one Huttball. I haven't even seen the new Hutball map yet. Did they take these out of the rotation? Plenty of arenas, Alderaan/Hypergats/Nova coast though . Even Voidstar rarely pops.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, the PvP here is great - it's just too limited and under developed. 3.0, a paid expansion, didn't even include ONE warzone...that's pathetic imo. Absolutely pathetic. Bioware should absolutely invest in PvP imo...it's the best mini-game this game has by far...far superior to GSF or GSH in every way.

I agree, the PvP here is great - it's just too limited and under developed. 3.0, a paid expansion, didn't even include ONE warzone...that's pathetic imo. Absolutely pathetic. Bioware should absolutely invest in PvP imo...it's the best mini-game this game has by far...far superior to GSF or GSH in every way.

they did add PVP content. but you spent all last week campaigning for them to remove it, so it will be gone tomorrow.

Load ganking isn't PvP content.

if you ever left fleet you would know that the PVP there wasn't all "load ganking". I spent many hours over the weekend PVPing there, was lots of fun and it wasn't "load ganking". but thanks to you, the entire area will be a non-pvp zone. congrats to getting PVP removed from a PVP server.

as for you complaint about no PVP content and no new WZ being "pathetic"... you do realize that the changes to combat were PVP driven. the discipline system was PVP driven. a large number of the changes to many AC's/specs were PVP driven.

you think BW can just wave a magic want and poof content out of thin air? we will get a new WZs after the xpac has been out for a while, just like we did after the last one was out for a while.

Don't complain...it's by far the absolute worst map they've ever designed. 5 levels in a small box where LoS and lag play far too big of a role...

Lag is always a big issue when it comes to PvP, the new huttball map is there not better or worse than other maps. And I like the design, with a team that is knowing what it is doing, one can win really fast on that map (faster than on any other map in the game). And even with a losing team, one is always fast back into action, instead of having to run over the entire map after the respawn, one can literally right jump back into action!

if you ever left fleet you would know that the PVP there wasn't all "load ganking". I spent many hours over the weekend PVPing there, was lots of fun and it wasn't "load ganking". but thanks to you, the entire area will be a non-pvp zone. congrats to getting PVP removed from a PVP server.

as for you complaint about no PVP content and no new WZ being "pathetic"... you do realize that the changes to combat were PVP driven. the discipline system was PVP driven. a large number of the changes to many AC's/specs were PVP driven.

you think BW can just wave a magic want and poof content out of thin air? we will get a new WZs after the xpac has been out for a while, just like we did after the last one was out for a while.

I checked it out, killed a bunch of campers, got an achievement or something, and was unsurprisingly bored with it in about 10 minutes. You consider that satisfactory PVP content? What looks like a bug or error in friggin' spawn point design?

The only people I saw hanging around there every time through were off-brand guilds and players I've never seen queued ranked or regs. Baby baddie's 1st PVP basically.

*And* you're good with the less than mediocre release pace of playable PVP content?

Jeez if you're going to campaign at least develop some decent standards.

Edited by Joesixxpack

You seem to be under the impression you know me...you don't - I do leave fleet son. And please, don't give me any credit for getting Yavin to comply with the rest of the game...I wish I had that kinda pull, but I assure you I don't. PvP will still thrive on Yavin just fine - it'll simply happen in another area where players can load the planet, like it has for the past 3+ years.

The changes were most certainly not PvP driven either lol. Do the new Ops, then you'll see why they were changed. You're assumption that they were PvP driven is funny lol.

And of course they can't just wave a magic "want" (wand I assume?) - but they can sure as hell do more than they've done. Asking for 2-3 new WZ's a year is not asking too much.

Lag is always a big issue when it comes to PvP, the new huttball map is there not better or worse than other maps. And I like the design, with a team that is knowing what it is doing, one can win really fast on that map (faster than on any other map in the game). And even with a losing team, one is always fast back into action, instead of having to run over the entire map after the respawn, one can literally right jump back into action!

We disagree. Lag is always a minor factor, but in Quesh, it's exaggerated by the multiple levels. I see an enemy get knocked back off a level, I jump down after him, only to see him warp back up to where he was, not leap, it's obvious the server is simply correcting itself...this is the only WZ I've seen it in except for the original HB, but there it seems to correct itself quicker.

I do agree though, I also enjoy how quickly you can be back in the fray.

Edited by TUXs

I checked it out, killed a bunch of campers, got an achievement or something, and was unsurprisingly bored with it in about 10 minutes. You consider that satisfactory PVP content? What looks like a bug or error in friggin' spawn point design?

The only people I saw hanging around there every time through were off-brand guilds and players I've never seen queued ranked or regs. Baby baddie's 1st PVP basically.

*And* you're good with the less than mediocre release pace of playable PVP content?

Jeez if you're going to campaign at least develop some decent standards.

players are the primary content for PVP. and as I said, many of the changes to combat and skills were PVP driven. you seem to think only new WZ maps are the only thing that counts as content. I would rather have BW working on rebalancing and adjusting all the new changes than have them working on a new WZ map.

You seem to be under the impression you know me...you don't - I do leave fleet son. And please, don't give me any credit for getting Yavin to comply with the rest of the game...I wish I had that kinda pull, but I assure you I don't. PvP will still thrive on Yavin just fine - it'll simply happen in another area where players can load the planet, like it has for the past 3+ years.

The changes were most certainly not PvP driven either lol. Do the new Ops, then you'll see why they were changed. You're assumption that they were PvP driven is funny lol.

And of course they can't just wave a magic "want" (wand I assume?) - but they can sure as hell do more than they've done. Asking for 2-3 new WZ's a year is not asking too much.

2-3 new WZs per year? what? that would be a massive waste of BWs resources.

I assume you never leave fleet because you keep insisting that PVP in the yavin stating area was just "load ganking".

oh and I knew that was coming, it wouldn't really be a TUX post without you declaring changes to combat had nothing to do with PVP, even though BW said that many of the changes were because of PVP. lol.

Edited by MiaRB

players are the primary content for PVP.

No ****.

and as I said' date=' many of the changes to combat and skills were PVP driven.[/quote']

So what?

you seem to think only new WZ maps are the only thing that counts as content.

No I don't.

I would rather have BW working on rebalancing and adjusting all the new changes than have them working on a new WZ map.

It need not be one or the other.

It need not be one or the other.

BW has a finite amount of person hours to spend each day/week/month. the hours they spend creating a new WZ are hours that cannot be spent on balancing all the new changes that came in 3.0.

Edited by MiaRB

I can't sniff enough glue to get on level with that statement.

if you have 100 person hours to spend. you cant spend 100 hours on a new WZ and at the same time spend 100 hours balancing combat. you have to make a choice on how you spend your resources because they are finite.

Edited by MiaRB

if you have 100 person hours to spend. you cant spend 100 hours on a new WZ and at the same time spend 100 hours balancing combat. you have to make a choice on how you spend your resources because they are finite.

You are making the mistake of believing that the same people that design maps are also working on the game mechanics.

I know alot of people say it doesn't this and it doesn't that....yada yada, but I reaaally enjoy the pvp in this game....More than ever since 3.0 hit. I guess they have balanced the classes pretty darn good. I mean ofcourse there are always those 1 or 2 classes that appear to be better, but its pretty awesome right now.

I have been able, even at low lvl pvp gear for a level 60, and have huge battles with other players that can last up to 10 minutes without me dying. Not to say that I am awesome, cause I am only good.... but that I dont just run out there and die right away is nice. I actually have time to react to someone attacking me and defend myself... or in my case instantly go on the offensive and hopefully smash them to pieces.

lol.... anyway, its just really nice to truly feel like I am battling in a warzone and have a chance to epic..... and in this game I feel pretty epic.

Thanks for reading or not..... comments are always appreciated. 8)

you must play a healer or jugg

wzs are so poorly balanced right now. healing is still op and juggs are even worse than ever. classes are so uneven across the board...nerfed cleanses, nerfed interrupts...

i wont even queue for 60 wzs anymore. done so done.

You are making the mistake of believing that the same people that design maps are also working on the game mechanics.
well in a traditional game dev studio youre right but i dont imagine there are more than 3 guys working on this game judging by how slowly they release things and when they do, they are tiny and terrible not to mention not tested.

you are making the mistake of believing that Devs only have one specific job and that is all they do. BW doesn't have a guy whose only job is to make WZ maps and nothing else.

2-3 new WZs per year? what? that would be a massive waste of BWs resources.

I assume you never leave fleet because you keep insisting that PVP in the yavin stating area was just "load ganking".

oh and I knew that was coming, it wouldn't really be a TUX post without you declaring changes to combat had nothing to do with PVP, even though BW said that many of the changes were because of PVP. lol.

That's fine, we disagree on that. WZ's are where Bioware want PvP to take place because that's all the engine can handle...I'm fine with that, but I want variety as well.

In the staging area, it was mostly. Feel free to disagree all you like, but you won't change what I witnessed.

I'm making that statement based upon having completed both new Ops and having PvP'd (wz's and OW). The changes made to Commando were 100% necessary to ever secure a spot in one of the new Ops because mobility is absolutely a must in them. I fared just fine in WZ's before and after the changes...they unquestionably have a far greater impact on PvE for me.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.