Pommel Strike: is it broken in PVP?

taproot

I have had pommel strike on my bar for a few levels now and spend about half of my time running warzones. I have not once ever been able to use the move in PVP. It always says target it lucid, even when stunned.

Is this move bugged for PVP? Does "incapacitated" not include stuns? Am I missing something here? If it is bugged, is this a known issue for Bioware?

the only thing I've been able to hit with pommel strike is Sapped targets. I think stun, is different than incapacitate.

But NPC targets that I stun with Blade Storm I am able to use the move on. It looks very much like its only bugged in PVP to me. Which saddens me because it seems to be one of our very few big hitting moves.

Pommel Strike and Opportune Strike both don't work on elites(gold), champions(boss) and other players(pvp). I removed them from my bar.

Same goes for all the abilities of other classes with a tooltip like "inflicts X damage against weak and normal targets and Y damage against strong targets".

Edited by Ibuki

It saddens me because i love the lore of dual wielding characters.

but if no of our moves work like they should then why even give us these talents just to be like oh yeah BTW sorry but that does not work unless its a mob u dont need it on

and it would be to op for pvp even though inquistors can stun me three times in a row and if you get hidden struck by an imperial agent operative speced to have it knock you down they will demolish you with SHIV.

So i ask why doesnt my master strike stun them, why doesnt my blade storm stun, why doesnt my force sweep and why does my force leap only interupt them( FYI all classes can break stuns so i dont see why i cant stun them) Come on bioware can i get a liitle love.

A retort its to OP. tell that to an operative or an inquistor as there ROFL stomping your stunned avatar.

Pommel Strike and Opportune Strike both don't work on elites(gold), champions(boss) and other players(pvp). I removed them from my bar.

Same goes for all the abilities of other classes with a tooltip like "inflicts X damage against weak and normal targets and Y damage against strong targets".

This. Moves are entirely useless in PvP, and not useful enough in PvE to warrant a space on my bars.

I also do not have them on my bar. I have no idea why 2 skills of similar design exist. Or what their purpose is even supposed to be.

For PvE, Pommel strike is a great ability. You can use it on a target after a bladestorm stun or a force sweep stun. They are even stunned long enough to get in a global then the Pommel strike.

As watchman you just apply dots to the first target, send Kira on the second, bladestorm on your way other to the third and pommel him as you get there, all three die just about at the same time. Pommel helps make these three packs trivial.

Almost useless in PvP tho, would be nice if they allowed us to use some big damage abilities when we can actually get in melee range.

Edited by Maefly

For PvE, Pommel strike is a great ability. You can use it on a target after a bladestorm stun or a force sweep stun. They are even stunned long enough to get in a global then the Pommel strike.

As watchman you just apply dots to the first target, send Kira on the second, bladestorm on your way other to the third and pommel him as you get there, all three die just about at the same time. Pommel helps make these three packs trivial.

Almost useless in PvP tho, would be nice if they allowed us to use some big damage abilities when we can actually get in melee range.

^this Maefly y u so gud?

Edited by Siokai

If they are weak enough that blade storm or sweep actually stunned them. Then sweep took 80-90% of their life, and I don't need pommel strike or opportune to finish them.

Whats the point of a 45s cd move to kill non elite trash?

If they are weak enough that blade storm or sweep actually stunned them. Then sweep took 80-90% of their life, and I don't need pommel strike or opportune to finish them.

Whats the point of a 45s cd move to kill non elite trash?

Doesn't cost anything and it has a great crunch sound when you smash them in the face. Besides, you have to do 10% anyway, just another ability to use. No reason not to use it.

Seriously tho, this ability could be significantly better and work in PvP no argument here.

I leveled a sorcerer and I have a similar ability - it actually is very pleasing graphically(you do a flip and hit with your feet) and does 1200 or so damage to stunned targets - it also doesn't work on pvp targets or elites - very stupid since it's actually of limited use - I mean I'm a ranged char and that move is melee - no idea why they would disable it -I don't feel like it will make me gamebreakingly more powerful Edited by Kastchey

This...

If you read the ability, it say "Standard/Weak/Strong Targets". When ever that is said, it means it wont do anything on PvP players. Just like Stuns from "Blade Storm/Master Strike" ect.

And since In "Pommle Strike" there is ONLY talk about that kind of targets, it wont work in PvP.