The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

I might be a noob but I just realized something about episode VII

Korenus

So after watching the teaser for the tenth time, and reading the name of the guy who is wielding the crossguard lightsaber, I came to the realization that both the Jedi Order and the Sith Order are dead, and the force has to be nearly completely rediscovered on both ends of the spectrum. Sure, Luke had some training but it was barely scratching the surface when Yoda up and bit the big one. Thoughts? Am I slow on the uptake or way off the mark?

So after watching the teaser for the tenth time, and reading the name of the guy who is wielding the crossguard lightsaber, I came to the realization that both the Jedi Order and the Sith Order are dead, and the force has to be nearly completely rediscovered on both ends of the spectrum. Sure, Luke had some training but it was barely scratching the surface when Yoda up and bit the big one. Thoughts? Am I slow on the uptake or way off the mark?

Well quite a few things have been "spoken" about in brief. The Force Awakens is suppose to be a new beginning, and of course the Empire is still standing (how strong is another matter) but I am glad they just didn't go Empire died with the Emperor bit they tried to portray at the end of RotJ (original and enhanced).

I am sure Luke was still getting training from Yoda, Obi-Wan and Anakin Force ghosts as well, since they made a big deal of it about living on beyond death in Clone Wars. As far as the Sith are concerned, they made it clear that the Rule of Two was pretty much abandoned and the Emperor had been training others in the Sith ways; hence the Inquisitor in Rebels. And let's be honest about it, realistically the Rule of Two isn't practical, especially since it would be veritably impossible to completely wipe out Force Sensitives focused on the Dark Side. And lost datacrons on Sith knowledge could easily be found and resurrect a new Sith Empire.