GSI Tank Infuriation Droid (aka Combat Support Droid)

Ramalina

I would suggest the following for the GSI Combat Support Droid in the solo instances

A pet bar, that allows you to control it in the same way you control companions

Failing that, an automatic deactivation of its guard and taunt functions if someone places Guard on it.

I'd also like a quest where I get to beat the GSI droid to pieces and then melt it down into paperclips.

To put it more clearly, the taunting and guarding (combined with the really bad tanking), that the droid does drives me absolutely nuts when on a tanking character. The resources starvation that tanks run into when not getting hit is the biggest issue.

Not really a fan of the droid when I'm on healing or dps characters either.

My normal workaround is mostly just to turn the damn thing off, which works pretty well on my raiding characters, but isn't always workable on less geared crafting alts.

The alternate is to agro mobs, go stand my character in a corner, and then go have a snack while the droid solos the content.

To be honest, if you could give the droid the following commands:

Don't taunt

Don't guard

Reposition here.

Then that would be an almost perfect fix.

You're much better off running as a DPS in those instances. I know it's not a great answer but it will get you through the FP faster and from there you can play the way you want. I don't think the droid was designed with tanks in mind. Guarding the droid is wholely unnecessary since will will never die. Edited by chosonman