The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Fatal Alliance

BlaidR

I wonder if the game makers are going to add characters from the Fatal Alliance book. And, what next I wonder? Where do they go from here?

This is one of the biggest rumours surounding the game. But, until, Disney/Lucas story group knows what to do with the TOR era I'll think you're better of to research old TOR EU references for future speculation.

The Fatal Alliance book was well written, I don't care much for the Bio-mechanic theme though.

But if you ask for my guess; I'll think Mace Windu's word while fighting Palpatine is a key factor not yet explained, " The oppression of the Sith will not return . . ." or something of sort. "The oppression of the Sith" is as far as my knowledge stretches not yet explained, not even in the EU. Another theme and Era that the Lucas & Lucas story group worked into the EU was Republic Darkages . . .

This is all pure speculation on my part . . . and some random thoughts, as for me personally I regard our beloved game in reference to the New Canon as I regard ancient greece and the time before that in human history.

You must, I think, in regard to all thoughts above, wait for the new trilogy to give you, us all really, a hint in what direction the New Canon will take us all . . .

• 2 weeks later...

The "Fatal Alliance book" is in the SWTOR universe. Satele Shan participates in it, as does her apprentice Shigar Konshi, when I said "Game Makers" I meant if they will add them as part of the GAME CANON and whether Characters introduced in the book will be introduced in animation in the Game.

The movie and the Disney canon, are irrelevant to my question.

Overall I found that book the weakest of all the TOR novels, though mainly because of the forgettable story rather than the writing itself. I wouldn't mind seeing some of the characters make appearances as quest-givers or NPCs in the future, or even as bosses for the opposing side to take down come to think of it (since there's no one there I was particularly invested in enough as a character that I'd be sad to see them killed in the game).

When concept art/screenshots for Lana Beniko first started trickling out, before her name was revealed (or maybe just before I'd seen it) I wondered if it was going to be Eldon Ax (I'd forgotten she was a redhead in the book).

Shigar Konshi, as a former padawan of Satele, would probably be the most interesting to work into the game, but my personal favorite to see would be Stryver.

Edited by DarthDymond

Stryver, if anything, is probably on the run. She was a part of the Star Cabal, which is now in tatters and all members are being hunted to death since being made Galactic Public Enemies.

Shigar Konshi has quite a bit of potential, he almost slipped into the Dark Side, could he be tempted further one can wonder. Darth Chratis was hardly the model of Dark Side seduction, Hell! Darth Marr was implied by Lachris to be a master of the art!

I think, Sith Emperor or not, Darth Marr and his allies are going to shine soon. Through two expansions, he has gone on about the strengthening and rebirth of the Empire, I think that is what the Imperial Protagonists are going to have to decide over in the near future. To side with Marr, or to leave the Empire collapse into Bureaucracy.

Meanwhile, I bet the Republic will be going through some sort of downward spiral soon, things do seem to be going too much their way of late. The Republic will possibly be taking the forefront of the Sith Emperor next plot.

And where, oh where is Darth Howl? For all his big talk, he hasn't made an appearance! Is he up to a potential scheme with his new apprentice? Or was he overthrown (Ravage has my money) by a subordinate?

Yeah, a possibility. My thoughts are that, little is known on who sat on the Dark Council circa. 3643 BBY.

Darth Arctis was head of the Sphere of Ancient Knowledge up until 3641, where he was replaced (and possibly, murdered) by Darth Thanaton, who was then overthrown by Darth Nox (generic Sith name) the same year.

Darth Acharon was head of the Sphere of the Sphere of Biotic Science from an unknown year during the Great War until 3641.

Darth Marr has ruled the Sphere of Defense of the Empire since Pre–3678 BBY to present.

Darth Ravage is the only one we know of, to have sat as Head of the Sphere of Expansion and Diplomacy (and he is a young man at that, that is suspicious, yes?)

Darth Jadus is a powerful Sith, no way anyone could have contested or mastered over him, before he took the throne of Intelligence. And we all know how Zhorrid got her throne.

Darth Mortis, aged and wise, is the only one we know to have been in charge of laws and justice.

Military Offense has been pretty linear, Vengean took his seat sometime during the Great War/Early Cold War. Then he was usurped by Baras, then Arho, then Arkous.

Military Strategy, Decimus took his throne during the Galactic War.

Production and Resources, Vowrawn has been working with Marr on the council for roughly the same length of time, Vowrawn is older than Marr and may have had his throne longer.

Sith Philosophy, Darth Aruk has the seat, and he is technically the oldest member on (not of) the Dark Council, being older than Darth Vowrawn.

Technology is obvious, Mekhis sat on it until 3643 but then her throne fell to Hadra.

However, it is to be noted, in regards to Darth Marr. Quota: "Darth Marr has held his seat for years, while some Councillors only retain their position for weeks."

Edited by BlaidR