Newer Player Heroic Question

Cirran

Newer player here, have been playing for a few months but can only play once a week to once every few weeks. I have found the game to a lot of fun and have pushed my characters to level 20. I have found that most of the content can be beat if I am high enough level. Heroics seem to have some nice gear locked behind them. Since, I can only play very rarely am I missing anything if I don't do heroics until I can solo them? Up to this point I have found I need to be around 4 levels higher than the mobs in a heroic 2. Have not yet been able to deal with a heroic 4. I am not complaining or asking for content to be nerfed. I am asking is it worth going back to finish heroics that are grey to me?

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Cirran

If you are low on commendations a quick heroic usually drops 3, even if grayed out. In that sense, it may be worth framing a heroic to grab the comms. That's the only real benefit I see so if you don't use that many comms I can;t see that it is worth going back.

Some Heroics give nice pieces of mod-able gear, but if they are greyed out, that's about the only reason to do them. You can check what the rewards are in the mission log.

I used to do somewhat the same thing with Heroic 2+ because I'm almost always overlevel/overgeared. But, Heroic 4's - which are meant to be done with a full 4 player group - are best done in a group. It's usually fairly easy to put together a group by advertising in chat, and there's generally no need to worry about the exact makeup of the group. Also, if you are a bit overlevel you can often get away with 2 players and 2 companions.

TIP - when advertising for a group, instead of typing in the name of the Heroic - or abbreviating things so much it's un-readable - type into chat "LFG" then hold Shift and click on the quest in your log. That will insert the full name of the quest into chat, in orange - as you've probably seen done.

More than just the pretty color, it's actually a link, that when you click on it also gives the mission level and brief "objective" like in the tracker. (Note that for missions that "scale", like the Bounty Week missions, the level shown will be your level, not the level of the person who posted.)