Question about companion bonuses.

Vigilark

How important are they? I have a Jedi Consular artificer (it's an alt but might become my main, not sure) but just noticed that there's no companions that give a bonus to it:( Wondering if I should make an Inquisitor instead since they have a companion that gives bonuses to it.

Maybe he already has other toons that he's leveled to 55-60 and wants another toon for a crafting bonus.

A guild mate of mine has 20 toons, 16 of each advanced class and 4 which are pure crafting/storage.

By the way, efficiency is only the time it takes for a companion to craft something. Critical is what gets you an augmented version of the item you're crafting, or 2 of whatever you're crafting, or extra mats from a mission.

What does the 15% efficiency pertain too? Less time to create an item? Or is the item 15 percent better?

efficiency = time reduction nothing more.

The "best" artificer bonuses come from HK-51 and Treek in the form of +1 crit to ALL crafting.

Furthermore IMO the consular has the weakest crew skill bonuses of all eight classes. So if you play a consular just pick whatever you want.

Didn't know you could get HK. He's from the single player game/s right? I read there's a quest to get him in this game. What level can you get him? I don't have any high level characters. Although I'm a founder, I only played the game for 2 weeks when it first came out. I deleted my characters and just started over recently. My highest level character was like lvl 25-28. Just now getting back into the game. My highest lvl character now is lvl 12.

How important are they? I have a Jedi Consular artificer (it's an alt but might become my main, not sure) but just noticed that there's no companions that give a bonus to it:( Wondering if I should make an Inquisitor instead since they have a companion that gives bonuses to it.

The innate bonuses on some companions is not as good as the hidden bonus you get from max affection, so don't sweat it too much.

Max Companion Affection (10.000) will give you 5% chance to Crit and 15% Efficiency. As far as I know, their innate stats are additive to the affection bonus.

More info on Dulfy.net

Very Comprehensive Guide

Edited by ArenRakescar
add link