Companion gathering - extremely bad responsiveness and pathfinding

Alec_Fortescue

Hi. I noticed that sending companions to gather from nodes is affected by very bad pathfinding and responsiveness. I find myself waiting long time for the companion to reach and harvest nodes and needing to click several times because often he does not respond to the command at all.

Hope you can fix and maybe improve node gathering. Thanks.

Hi. I noticed that sending companions to gather from nodes is affected by very bad pathfinding and responsiveness. I find myself waiting long time for the companion to reach and harvest nodes and needing to click several times because often he does not respond to the command at all.

Hope you can fix and maybe improve node gathering. Thanks.

I noticed this especially on Rishi, where my companion would go next to the node (x/y-wise) but be unable to reac because of a height difference / intervening terrain...I was next to a node on a "deck". and comp -- trying to get closer -- went down the ramp, so was at a lower level.

• 2 weeks later...
Totally agree, i've just stopped using my companions at all because they just continually bug. for a while it worked having them on passive, but now it is impossible to send comp to gather as they just bug, its so annoying to send them to gather only to have them stop, then bug and you cant do a dang thing, not even dismiss them, you have to summon a dif companion and then re summon your normal one. wish they'd fix this!

• 3 weeks later...
Has something changed about how companions gather, or are we talking about the same thing that's been going on since release? I'm not saying that companion gathering isn't absolutely terrible, it always has been. I'm just wondering if it has gotten even worse.

It got much worse since 3.0. Path finding is very bad and slow, if companions start taking damage they stop all gathering action (even dots post-combat). They didn't before. It takes them ages to move to a node and start gathering which is pretty anoying on Yavin 4 which has players clustered all over. Companions also tend to get stuck often.

• 1 year later...

So here's the necro for today, as 2 years after OP this still is a thing.

I'm tired of losing mats because companion stands in stoopid instead of gathering. You need to either mount if you can and do it yourself or dismiss him, bring him back and click again if in an instance. And as your channeling is in its last second POOF the droid or beast disappears. Lovely. :mad:

Edited by BenduKundalini