The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Slowed down cool downs

Oppressive

My BH (Pyro-PT) has been my main character since launch and it has been one of my favorite classes by far. I could play it in my sleep. I had a great feel for how it it played and at what speed for which I could do things in. However, there seems to have been a stealth nerf across the board that I'm not sure people are picking up on. It's one that appears to affect all classes now. All the cool downs for all of our abilities seems to be slower Post-3.0. I have the same amount of alacrity pre and post 3.0 and the same mods etc. Except every ability is taking longer to come up.

I've been waiting to see if anyone would post about this issue, but I have yet to hear anyone mentioning it. So, I'm wondering if it is just me, or if there is indeed an increased cool down timer that was put in as part of their calculations to reduce damage output. Also (to me anyway), it appears the increased cool down time is just enough that it has an impact overall damage output, but still not enough to make it completely noticeable unless you are paying attention to it.

/thoughts?

Edited by Oppressive

My BH (Pyro-PT) has been my main character since launch and it has been one of my favorite classes by far. I could play it in my sleep. I had a great feel for how it it played and at what speed for which I could do things in. However, there seems to have been a stealth nerf across the board that I'm not sure people are picking up on. It's one that appears to affect all classes now. All the cool downs for all of our abilities seems to be slower Post-3.0. I have the same amount of alacrity pre and post 3.0 and the same mods etc. Except every ability is taking longer to come up.

I've been waiting to see if anyone would post about this issue, but I have yet to hear anyone mentioning it. So, I'm wondering if it is just me, or if there is indeed an increased cool down timer that was put in as part of their calculations to reduce damage output. Also (to me anyway), it appears the increased cool down time is just enough that it has an impact overall damage output, but still not enough to make it completely noticeable unless you are paying attention to it.

/thoughts?

They have switched the playstyles of pyro and AP. So if you enjoyed pyro before 3.0 (like me), you'll love the new AP and if you preferred AP prior to 3.0, then you'll love the new Pyro. They made this change to fit more the description of each spec (all fire attacks in Pyro and explosions/gadgets in AP).

Alternatively, you could just be suffering server lag. There is a lot more load on the servers right now than there normally is, and it has caused a slow down on everyone's computers. Give it a couple of weeks to stabilize and it should feel normal again. Maybe.