55 - 59 ????

Chambomorrison

If you didn't preorder, you have to wait until tomorrow, I believe, to start leveling.

If I were you, I'd go do ALL the dailies I can, then keep them in the "Return to Mission Box" phase, then when you can start getting XP, turn them in. Easy boost to 56 before you even start the expansion. You also need to have all of the "Forged Alliance" missions complete.

You also need to have all of the "Forged Alliance" missions complete.

You don't need to have Forged Alliance completed for anything.

Even if you want to specifically level up through the story missions on Rishi and Yavin, and even if you have not done any Forged Alliance quests at all ever, you can still skip the whole Prelude and simply travel to Rishi and start the storyline there. (although you will miss a little bit of the story from the start, like one cutscene in the ship that tells you why did you go to Rishi in the first place if you skip the prelude)

There are also some other reasons why doing the Prelude is good idea, the point just is, it is not really needed to access anything.

Secondly the question was about leveling up, which can be done in any number of ways that do not necessarily involve going to any new content.

Edited by Eternalnight

If you didn't preorder, you have to wait until tomorrow

And no

Even if you ordered just today, it would still count as pre-order as it would still be before the full release which is December 9th.

It's not "if you didn't preorder", It's "if you didn't preorder before November 2nd" you don't get the early access (which started December 2nd).

You don't need to have Forged Alliance completed for anything.

Even if you want to specifically level up through the story missions on Rishi and Yavin, and even if you have not done any Forged Alliance quests at all ever, you can still skip the whole Prelude and simply travel to Rishi and start the storyline there. (although you will miss a little bit of the story from the start, like one cutscene in the ship that tells you why did you go to Rishi in the first place if you skip the prelude)

There are also some other reasons why doing the Prelude is good idea, the point just is, it is not really needed to access anything.

Secondly the question was about leveling up, which can be done in any number of ways that do not necessarily involve going to any new content.

Since its been a while since the last lvl increase, I must ask. Are the levels tied to the expansion, or just the planets? Can one get to level 60 through say, PvP without buying the expansion, or is the expansion needed for the levels as well? Just wondering if I can get away with waiting until friday when my check comes in, or if I need it to start leveling right away.

You need to have the expansion to level up beyond 55. But you can level up by doing anything you like, including PVP.

I would suggest that you do not complete Forged Alliance before starting Shadow of Revan, as you can do them as a prelude to the new content in solo mode. It's quite fast and you get nice XP and comms for doing so.