bug? "500 Scavenging, Archaeology and Bio-analysis Mission Discoveries"

Glower

PSA: 500 Scavenging, Archaeology and Bio-analysis Mission Discoveries from slicing appear to be bugged.

They are currently only yielding 6-8 pieces for each 3+ hour mission, which is about the same yield as the normal missions. I've tried all 3 at least 3 times a piece and in all instances the yields were very low. This also happened when 2.0 was released and it was eventually patched. I would save them until it is.

(reddit)

Is it true? Btw i have low output and zero purple mats from these missions too. Wasted like 10-15 of them. :(

Just got 5/8 of greens from another 500 Scavenging purple mission. No purples at all. Is it OK? :confused:

Scavenging, Bio-analysis, and Archeology are all incapable of returning anything but green materials, since there are only green level materials that exist in those categories. Typically they would return a significant amount of greens compared to Moderate through rich level missions. So yes, they appear to be bugged in their returns (of 6-8 items total, instead of 30+) but you'll never get anything over green quality from them.

I posted this on another thread. Seems bugged:

I have noticed this was well and would like to know if its a bug. Also, 500 lvl artifact mission for, e.g. archaeology take 3.5 hours and return only ~2 crystals, 2 artifact frags, and 2 of each color crystal. A rich/bountiful mission, on the other hand, returns around 4-6 (non crit) of the respective mat (e.g. 4-6 frags). Literally no reason at all to run 500 lvl artifact missions with the amount of time, costs, and the lower drops.

Low drop rates generally are fine with me as a crafter (helps reduce supply and allow for higher profits) but artifact missions should always return more than the standard missions, especially non-crits.

I ran a 500 arch mission earlier and received back 2 artifact fragments and 2 of each color crystal. No power crystals at all. For 6k credits and nearly four hours of mission time, you'd think it'd bring back more than 2 and at least all of the possible materials available.

I ran a 500 arch mission earlier and received back 2 artifact fragments and 2 of each color crystal. No power crystals at all. For 6k credits and nearly four hours of mission time, you'd think it'd bring back more than 2 and at least all of the possible materials available.

Yes, all these three types are bugged. And the archeology one is the worst of all. Makes sense even , lol.... Rishi/Ravin nodes have a horrific bias towards colour crystals. And if you consider the huge buff they give to scavening and bioanalisys nodes and "corpses", well... Archeology seems just can't get a break, lol

The gathering mission discoveries are somewhat underwhelming, but IMO not obviously broken. While they aren't really something to go after, there isn't any reason to not run one if you get your hands on it. The long duration can be dealt with by sending your companion on the mission when you're going to work, bed or otherwise logging off for a few hours.

Still only getting 6 green mats from gathering missions. At least farming on Yavin nets more in less time.

Are you really only getting 6 mats total from a gathering mission discovery? According to the data I've collected, they always give 12 mats total (16 on crit), so getting 6 each of two mats is a possibility. That's 50% more than a rich mission.