Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

The Problem with the Digital Collector's Edition

DemonMeister

Why doesn't the Digital Collector's Edition come with the digital content that is included with the collector's edition?

Please comment and emphasize that the exclusion of the DIGITAL mouse pet and DIGITAL access the Collector's edition store is unacceptable and we want this rectified.

Why doesn't the Digital Collector's Edition come with the digital content that is included with the collector's edition?

Please comment and emphasize that the exclusion of the DIGITAL mouse pet and DIGITAL access the Collector's edition store is unacceptable and we want this rectified.

I thought I heard something about eventual access to a Collector's Edition store? I don't think it was ever mentioned that it would be available at launch.

Edited by Jak-Jak

I shouldn't have to buy toys and music to enjoy the all the content the game has to offer.

That's certainly your opinion. Bioware/EA disagree and chose to incentivize the purchase of the Collector's Edition with some unique in-game items.

Because it's a deluxe version of the standard edition, in a digital format, a kind of...DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION, and not a Collectors Edition.

Pretty sure Escher would have a more enlightened perspective on the situation than siding with a giant corporation that's marketing department decided to use deception to influence people to fork out more money than something is worth.

DCE include Flare Gun (pointless) Training Droid (pointless) Holo Dancer (pointless) HoloCam (Very Cool) and STAP (8k credit) but unique to CE (kinda cool)

I hope more people disagree with you and state their dislike...

My work is a game, a very serious game.

M. C. Escher

Pretty sure Escher would have a more enlightened perspective on the situation than siding with a giant corporation that's marketing department decided to use deception to influence people to fork out more money than something is worth.

DCE include Flare Gun (pointless) Training Droid (pointless) Holo Dancer (pointless) HoloCam (Very Cool) and STAP (8k credit) but unique to CE (kinda cool)

I hope more people disagree with you and state their dislike...

My work is a game, a very serious game.

M. C. Escher

I'm going to with trolling again at this point, as they very VERY clearly spelled out what each edition gives.

Can you please point out the deception they used?

They clearly stated what was in each version. The CE got more digital stuff because it cost twice as much. It's that simple. Maybe you think that you shouldn't have to get physical items in order to get every digital item, but that's how it is. It was all shown from the beginning, and if they changed it now it would be an enormous ripoff to the people who actually bought the CE. Edited by Master_Fel

• 2 weeks later...

What I think he is talking about is that he bought the CE. Then set up his account with CE access. After doing that he installed the game through the digital download client available through the website once logged in.

Very similar to what i am doing:

Installed the CE on my desktop but used the digital client download on my laptop (because no cd tray on laptop).

But beside all that I still have a question:

How do I get all the digital content included? I saw no click to download your exclusive in game content button anywhere, and I havent seen any extra junk as mention while playing (however just started, only level 3 right now lol).

[EDIT]: Found the answer to my own question. Digital content is received through the in-game mail system.

Edited by JediKnightly

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.