Merc Healing 3.0

ckais

It was tight managing resources pre 3.0 but at least I felt powerful as a healer and actually could heal several people to full under pressure without gimping my resource pool. I boil it down to kolto bomb being useless and kolto shell not being worth it to reapply it midfight on anyone but myself in pvp while under pressure.

Kolto missle isn't useless, it's still an effective group heal and slow when under pressure. Granted most of it's thunder got stolen by prog scan, especially after armor and healing buff removed. KS is worth reapplying, just make sure you don't do it when you have more than 30 heat or their count is higher than 5. Something that might help you with heat is using rapid scan more liberally as it can lowers healing scan(strongest heal) to 5 heat cost.

Is that why my merc HPS is down in 3.0 compared to 2.10 while my op and sorc HPS are up with 3.0 in the same gear?

Where are you getting this info from? I'm getting on average 200-500 more hps in wz's than I was before.

Is that why you play a merc healer? I see you have an awesome track record of playing this overpowered merc healer.

Merc is certainly not OP or FoTM, not sure what that guy is on about.

Edited by TezMoney

Kolto missle isn't useless, it's still an effective group heal and slow when under pressure. Granted most of it's thunder got stolen by prog scan, especially after armor and healing buff removed. KS is worth reapplying, just make sure you don't do it when you have more than 30 heat or their count is higher than 5. Something that might help you with heat is using rapid scan more liberally as it can lowers healing scan(strongest heal) to 5 heat cost.

Kolto missile only do fluff heals now if it hits and the slow doesn't always apply to the opponents. I guess it's bugged like a lot of other merc heal abilities right now not being applied as they should. I experience the same against pve mobs too without immunity buffs so something is broken.

I rarely have the luxury to reapply KS. I can't spend a global to do that when they are losing 1/5 of their health every global. And as for rapid scan buffing healing scan it's nice but not enough.

Where are you getting this info from? I'm getting on average 200-500 more hps in wz's than I was before.

Sure I average 200-500 more at 60 in warzones in mostly the same gear. But at 55 I put out less hps on my merc than pre 3.0 while I put out more hps after 3.0 on the other two healers at 55. Maybe it just a l2p issue but then I only played merc heals since launch. Either way I'm fed up and will shelve my merc healer indefinitely. It's what Bioware wants anyway. They didn't listen to what mercs really need to be viable in ranked pvp.

Is this a troll thread? Mercs are the strongest healing class in the game atm by faaaaaaar. They are so strong that literally theres no point taking any other healer class to a HM Ops than two mercs.

Im not gonna say that they are overpowered, more like the other classes are underpowered.

Edited by MokiDono

Is that why you play a merc healer? I see you have an awesome track record of playing this overpowered merc healer.

Do you really think i never played commando/merc because i dont put it on my signature?

Do you know lots of hardcore progression healers moved to merc heals for 3.0?

Do you know that the hardest pve fight of the moment (Revan hm) world first zorz was done with 2 mercs healing?

Merc healing is freaking good and the class is overall OP and probably needs a nerf.

Close the thread already lol

Do you really think i never played commando/merc because i dont put it on my signature?

Do you know lots of hardcore progression healers moved to merc heals for 3.0?

Do you know that the hardest pve fight of the moment (Revan hm) world first zorz was done with 2 mercs healing?

Merc healing is freaking good and the class is overall OP and probably needs a nerf.

Close the thread already lol

I don't give a **** about ops or pve in general outside making credits. But if you say zorz or whatever runs dual mercs then I guess there will be such big nerfs to merc heals that it wont be possible to queue merc heals in ranked pvp for the next 5 major patches.

Kolto missile only do fluff heals now if it hits and the slow doesn't always apply to the opponents. I guess it's bugged like a lot of other merc heal abilities right now not being applied as they should. I experience the same against pve mobs too without immunity buffs so something is broken.

I've done probably 40 ranked matches and never seen it not work on opponents without cc immunity and I hardly use it in pve outside boss fights. I'll keep a closer look on it. Healing 8 people for 2k plus a +850 hot is not fluff, also the multiple ticks help keep your Advanced Targeting up. It's certainly not as strong as before, but it's worth putting in the rotation.

I rarely have the luxury to reapply KS. I can't spend a global to do that when they are losing 1/5 of their health every global. And as for rapid scan buffing healing scan it's nice but not enough.

Yes that's true, but that situation isn't a constant. If it is, stop healing that guy, he's wearing rishi blues :D

Seriously though, it's worth applying it before you start using channel heals because it keeps heals rolling between casts. I agree it's not worth reapplying during burst dmg. Again this move was nerfed, so it has a different role now. As for Rapid Scan, it's also now your strongest single target heal so it's imperative you work it in as much as heat allows. Fortunately the heal buff lasts for 40s. Also the Emergency Scan proc makes it an instant cast (love this). You need to take Power Overrides utility. In PVP it's even better than Thrill of the Hunt for healers. Your burst will go way up if you're not already using it.

Sure I average 200-500 more at 60 in warzones in mostly the same gear. But at 55 I put out less hps on my merc than pre 3.0 while I put out more hps after 3.0 on the other two healers at 55. Maybe it just a l2p issue but then I only played merc heals since launch. Either way I'm fed up and will shelve my merc healer indefinitely. It's what Bioware wants anyway. They didn't listen to what mercs really need to be viable in ranked pvp.

Ok that makes a little more sense, you're doing an unfair comparison. OPs and Sorcs have their crit healing bonus at 55, but mercs don't. Not mention the spec really comes alive after you get Progressive Scan. It's an incredibly powerful move. You really shouldn't be putting out more heals after 3.0 @ 55 with any of them since your bonus healing and crit chance took a big hit, but w/e it's lowbies who cares.

Also the Kolto Boosters talent helps w/ heat management by allowing K Shots to vent heat. I've been healing since before 1.7, so I can say with certainty if you're playing you're merc the exact same as you did before 3.0 you're playing it wrong. In order to manage heat you'll have to switch up your rotation a bit: K Shot (rapid shot), KM, & KS less and RS & HS more.

Edited by TezMoney

I dont like laserbeam of suicide,and yes hammer shot (same healing as Med Shot would be nice) is something i miss alot. But im very happy with the new system. Im 100% into PvP and i dont know (or care) how it does perform in PvE.

In general im actually very happy. Ive played this class during it up and downs periods. During a very long time the class was weak in pvp as healer. Now its alot more balanced and it makes me shine in WZs because ive stuck to the class even when it was weak and actually become a ok pvp player. I maybe would do better with a backstabbing healer but i like to use more then 4 buttons when i play.

My few coins to the discussion and yes my spelling is useless. No need to point that out. My friends does that a few times / week anyway :rak_03:

Edited by SWEtree

You need to take Power Overrides utility. In PVP it's even better than Thrill of the Hunt for healers. Your burst will go way up if you're not already using it.

That's an interesting strategy. Since I'm more or less a ragdoll when hydraulic overrides are on cooldown it felt wise to go with thrill of the hunt since I don't stop channeling when bumped around.

Also the Kolto Boosters talent helps w/ heat management by allowing K Shots to vent heat. I've been healing since before 1.7, so I can say with certainty if you're playing you're merc the exact same as you did before 3.0 you're playing it wrong. In order to manage heat you'll have to switch up your rotation a bit: K Shot (rapid shot), KM, & KS less and RS & HS more.

Feels like I'm already doing that. What kind of utilities are you rolling with? In the skillfull tier Custom enviro suit seems like a given talent. I also roll Afterburners and jet escape. Didn't really feel that power barrier helped that much and it expired way too fast. Might change afterburners with gyroscopic alignment since someone always manages to break the root early anyway.

In the masterful tier I roll Power shield and torque boosters. Don't really want to exchange either of those talents with something else.

In heroic I roll stabilized armor and thrill of the hunt but I will try power overrides.

That's an interesting strategy. Since I'm more or less a ragdoll when hydraulic overrides are on cooldown it felt wise to go with thrill of the hunt since I don't stop channeling when bumped around.

Dont' get me rong TotH is still awesome, but the shorter CD and extra Power surge is just that much better.

Feels like I'm already doing that. What kind of utilities are you rolling with? In the skillfull tier Custom enviro suit seems like a given talent. I also roll Afterburners and jet escape. Didn't really feel that power barrier helped that much and it expired way too fast. Might change afterburners with gyroscopic alignment since someone always manages to break the root early anyway.

In the masterful tier I roll Power shield and torque boosters. Don't really want to exchange either of those talents with something else.

In heroic I roll stabilized armor and thrill of the hunt but I will try power overrides.

Skillful: I do the same, but I'm sticking with Power barrier. What you say about it is true, but I don't ever use vent heat in PVP. Besides the extra dr does help when you're being focused and adds even more benefit to liberal use of RS. Afterburners is useful as a kiting tool though, I just hate to use a gcd while under pressure for something so easily broken.

Masterful: I take Protective Shield and Suit FOE. I don't find interrupts and issue in 3.0 do to the CD and most players won't bother even trying when they see Energy Shield up anyway, plus the 20% heal buff is something I can't live w/o. Suit FOE is invaluable against all the DOT'ers out there.

Heroic: Thrill of the Hunt and Power Overriders for reasons I've already stated. I've tried going with stabilized armor, but the kiting and burst are far more useful to my play style.

Dont' get me rong TotH is still awesome, but the shorter CD and extra Power surge is just that much better.

Skillful: I do the same, but I'm sticking with Power barrier. What you say about it is true, but I don't ever use vent heat in PVP. Besides the extra dr does help when you're being focused and adds even more benefit to liberal use of RS. Afterburners is useful as a kiting tool though, I just hate to use a gcd while under pressure for something so easily broken.

Masterful: I take Protective Shield and Suit FOE. I don't find interrupts and issue in 3.0 do to the CD and most players won't bother even trying when they see Energy Shield up anyway, plus the 20% heal buff is something I can't live w/o. Suit FOE is invaluable against all the DOT'ers out there.

Heroic: Thrill of the Hunt and Power Overriders for reasons I've already stated. I've tried going with stabilized armor, but the kiting and burst are far more useful to my play style.

Tried out power overriders a few warzones and it actually feels like it's a requirement. Going to roll the same heroic tier. Can't give up the 4s extra Hydraulic overrides though. Going to test Suit FOE and the +20% heal with shield up.

Came back to try this out. Only suggestion is to make Prog Scan a smart heal.

Other than that the community got what they've been asking for since 2.0 hit. Oh and the only guide you'll ever need: Bodyguard 3.0

prog scan a smart heal... but it already is. It puts the 4 stacks on your initial target, then the subsequent heals on the lowest health friendly.

Edited by TezMoney

prog scan a smart heal... but it already is. It puts the 4 stacks on your initial target, then the subsequent heals on the lowest health friendly.

I guess I wasn't paying enough attention then as it seemed to pick its progression randomly. No wonder raids only want BGs now.