The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Conversion from Rep - Sith / Sith - Rep.

SevenTailz

Hello guys!

So, I've searched around on the forum, couldn't find that much about this, however I know this must have been discussed before.

What do you think, if you get, like, enough of dark points as a Republic character, wouldn't it be cool if you could do some sort of quest, like "The Betrayal" at pretty high level and enough dark point. And likewise, Sith to Republican.

I know it've been discussed for, like 2 years ago, Just wanted to know if something changed?

I just think it would be pretty cool to have that option, tho I really understand how much more work that would take.

Just let me know that you think of the idea, maybe share some of your own, regarding this.

Peace!

Nothing new on this topic as far as I know.

I do not think that anything will happen in that regard, as I assume the change in the game code would be rather demanding. As the devs stated that changing the code is actually quite demanding, even if it is simple things, I guess this is not on the list.

However, I would personally really love having the option to go from republic to the empire and vice versa, even if at level 60.

Nothing new on this topic as far as I know.

I do not think that anything will happen in that regard, as I assume the change in the game code would be rather demanding. As the devs stated that changing the code is actually quite demanding, even if it is simple things, I guess this is not on the list.

However, I would personally really love having the option to go from republic to the empire and vice versa, even if at level 60.

Yeah, I guess.. And I'm with you, even if it's at lv60, it would be pretty cool!

or if earlier, you get some existing empire quest at that level.

But as you say.. It's probably not on the list, just nice to see how people think about it :)

Huge amounts of story work would need to be done for this to work. Further production would necessitate 16 class stories rather than 8.

Jup, I really get that it's alot to do, it's just that it would be pretty awesome to have a game that really can "do the impossible" you know :)

I don't think it would be all that hard. Consider that if something like this were to happen it would probably be in a future expansion, for this post let's call it Allegiance.

Allegiance could start with a flashpoint that would end with an offer to switch sides (but not actually get the choice just yet). You could play through the expansion and build points for either Rep or Imp (something like reputation or even base it of light or dark side decisions). You could even base it off existing light/dark alignment.

When you get to the mid point of Allegiance you get offered the choice to swap factions. Each side has similar classes (Warrior Vs Knight, Consular Vs Inquisitor, Trooper Vs Bounty Hunter, Smuggler Vs Agent) so there's a bit of overlap there. You can play for a while under the new faction, then at the end you can be offered the choice to return to your original faction in case you don't like the change.

Considering the class story hasn't been all that different in RotHC and SoR, the story portion of this expansion would swap to the new faction's story.

Doing it that way would also avoid swapping story in the middle.

I've always quite liked the idea of being about to swap sides. I'm not sure if it's a choice I'd make for my goody two shoes Knight, but I might roll a new character for both sides just so I can get them to swap sides.

I don't think it would be all that hard. Consider that if something like this were to happen it would probably be in a future expansion, for this post let's call it Allegiance.

Allegiance could start with a flashpoint that would end with an offer to switch sides (but not actually get the choice just yet). You could play through the expansion and build points for either Rep or Imp (something like reputation or even base it of light or dark side decisions). You could even base it off existing light/dark alignment.

When you get to the mid point of Allegiance you get offered the choice to swap factions. Each side has similar classes (Warrior Vs Knight, Consular Vs Inquisitor, Trooper Vs Bounty Hunter, Smuggler Vs Agent) so there's a bit of overlap there. You can play for a while under the new faction, then at the end you can be offered the choice to return to your original faction in case you don't like the change.

Considering the class story hasn't been all that different in RotHC and SoR, the story portion of this expansion would swap to the new faction's story.

Doing it that way would also avoid swapping story in the middle.

I've always quite liked the idea of being about to swap sides. I'm not sure if it's a choice I'd make for my goody two shoes Knight, but I might roll a new character for both sides just so I can get them to swap sides.

Yeah!! I really like what you're saying, it's similiar to what I had in mind! Just the oppertunity to BE ABLE to go to Dark/Light side is the charm.

And, I don't know, maybe play around with your legacy somehow. Because, I like the idea of having a legacy,

so why not make someting more to it?

Let's say you have 1 char for Rep, and 1 for Imp. Then you add another one to that legacy, as a child. Whatever faction you choose, you can become more like your Rep sided parent or the otherway around. (of course you can make dark/light choices to become more or less like your "parents"). But to make it interfere with your "family".

This could be a part of what you said about "Allegiance".

I don't know, maybe that's crossing the line, but it would be pretty awesome! Just to have more, relation whopla involved would be nice, to make it more... I don't know, personal?

Thank you, HaltHammerzeit, for sharing you thoughts! Truly liked what you said. :)

Edited by SevenTailz