[BUG] Arch mats on Yavin are at least 3:1 color crystals

xeraphyne

I'm hoping this is just an oversight or possible bug, but 95% of the nodes for archaeology on Yavin 4 are color crystals and not primary useable mats (russan power crystals and enigmatic artifact fragments) for anything important. It would be different if the color crystal nodes gave artifact fragments like the lesser grade nodes 6 and below do, but these don't. Considering other crew skills such as bio-analysis, slicing, and scavenging there's an abundance and you get the necessary materials with little effort involved. Seems a bit skewed.

If by the luck of chance I find one of the enigmatic artifact fragment nodes, they're either in the ground or stuck in the structure of a wall. Like in the Training Grounds area.

Edited by xeraphyne

The current spawn rate is likely:

20% Ruusan Crystal

20% Enigmatic Artifact Fragment

20% Luminous Red Crystal

20% Luminous Green Crystal

20% Luminous Blue Crystal

A smarter table would be:

33% Ruusan Crystal

33% Enigmatic Artifact Fragment

11% Luminous Red Crystal

11% Luminous Green Crystal

11% Luminous Blue Crystal

The current spawn rate is likely:

20% Ruusan Crystal

20% Enigmatic Artifact Fragment

20% Luminous Red Crystal

20% Luminous Green Crystal

20% Luminous Blue Crystal

A smarter table would be:

33% Ruusan Crystal

33% Enigmatic Artifact Fragment

11% Luminous Red Crystal

11% Luminous Green Crystal

11% Luminous Blue Crystal

I don't think it's even the supposed rate. Out of 10 there was 1 node of each artifacts and power crystals if that. But I certainly agree with the smarter table.

• 4 weeks later...
This is crap deployment of resource nodes. Bad enough we don't have Artifact frags included in color crystals, but now we have a ton of nodes we don't even need to collect.

Which is why the nodes appear to be so skewed towards colour crystals, people are harvesting the non-colour crystal nodes & the new nodes have a ~60% chance of spawning as one of the colours. While I completely agree that the distribution should be skewed in favour of the power crystal/fragments (in addition to the colour crystal nodes giving a few fragments as well), if people harvested the colour crystal nodes as well this would be less of an issue (but still an issue).

Which is why the nodes appear to be so skewed towards colour crystals, people are harvesting the non-colour crystal nodes & the new nodes have a ~60% chance of spawning as one of the colours. While I completely agree that the distribution should be skewed in favour of the power crystal/fragments (in addition to the colour crystal nodes giving a few fragments as well), if people harvested the colour crystal nodes as well this would be less of an issue (but still an issue).

This.

People don't realize every archeology node has only a 20% chance to spawn any one of the five different types of archeology resources. LOOT THEM ALL and then come back in six minutes.

This.

People don't realize every archeology node has only a 20% chance to spawn any one of the five different types of archeology resources. LOOT THEM ALL and then come back in six minutes.

Yes and no... I've been quick up and to harvest and only person in the instance even. Made a complete circle of the map and picked up everything.... RATIO was just as bad. People just cherry picking the two primary nodes compound the problem I agree, but the RNG ratio for color crystals is terrible. Having 60% chance of color crystals over 20% for main mats is just silly.