The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The mandalorian killer is bugged to hell

bigphillystyle

I assembled the jetpack but no matter what i do nothing happens and I can't progress. tried resetting, tried just killing him from the ground, tried fleetpass and returning, tried doing it in and out of combat.

Nothing.

Any suggestions? or am i doing it wrong?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assembled the jetpack but no matter what i do nothing happens and I can't progress. tried resetting, tried just killing him from the ground, tried fleetpass and returning, tried doing it in and out of combat.

Nothing.

Any suggestions? or am i doing it wrong?

Use the Ramjet from the centre of the room and NOT your jetpack.

If you're a powertech and you have the jetpack you can jump up there but thats not what you want.

******SPOILERS

use the RAMJET from the mini map marker. This will propel you up there much faster than the Jetpack and instant kill all three up there, engineer and his buddies.

If you Jetpack up there and try to kill them they will auto evade and heal themselves. Impossible to kill them any other way but I think it should be made possible to kill them with a blaster as well.

I had similar problems that many had on this post.

1) dont clone in the med center. I did this as i wiped at the door brig and it spawned me on the other side of the door. This is the worst bug on this mission for me. I had to fleet pass back and simply run through to that point again. I suggest you pull the spawn through the door out of brig. Again call the rez bot instead of going to med center. You will have oppurtunity to fix armor just as you leave the brig in med center.

2) clean up the mobs on the bridge. They tend to have a large circle in regards to aggro. they are not tough at all but when 5-7 attack you them little ankle bitters hurt. And it will help with boss fight.

3) Jedi needs to be removed from the padawan or simply kill her first (thats what i did). She will heal mr jedi prolonging they fight. Additionally, the jedi will knock you back into the bridge and if you did clean that up from the Mobs they attack you adding to your stress. After that just pound the Jedi.

It can be frustrating though.

Arxy.

The Jedi fight was annoying with the self-healing but definitely doable and you have to watch your heat, as it's a long fight.

I opened the fight by KO the master and pwning the padawan. If you try to fight them both at the same time, then the padawan will heal him and be a general annoyance. The master has 4-5 self heals that automatically HOT him to full health (he'll start meditating). Even if you interrupt him, it'll still heal him to full or nearly full. You just have to continue to slowly burn him until he stops healing himself (after the 5th self heal or so). After that, he's a piece of cake.

Once I realized that you have to stand way back, I was able to use the jump pack, and plow through the mission. The final Jedi, took some time, but I was able to take him out and complete the mission and now have my title, Grand Hunt Champion. Hopefully it is working now for others too.

Just chiming in as I just ran the quest myself.

I had a few LoS problems, annoying but not game breaking. The first time I didn't get the Ramjet/Jetpack (only the Shield thing). I *did* check several times, it wasn't there the first time.

I reset the quest, and a friend of mine came to help make up for the time of re-doing the instance. This time I got the Ramjet. I didn't open the next door, the other player did, and when I tried to pass it I was teleported to the entrance - twice. Only when he came back to the same room than me (the Chief Engineer's) it fixed the issue.

When I talked to Tarro, we both got stuck in the door and couldn't move. Being a Juggernaut he jumped out, dueled me, and that fixed it.

The Padawan didn't seem to keep healing the Jedi Master when we killed her first.

Yep, that mission gave me a major headache last night. I died in the room before the Warden and Blood, and it spawned me in a medical bay a couple of rooms past that, right outside the Bridge door. The door leading back to the Warden was locked, the door leading to the hangar was locked, the Bridge was completely empty, and I had used my Fleet Pass, so I had to wait 16 hours until this afternoon so I could use my Fleet Pass to get out of the locked room.

I submitted a support ticket, which was closed without comment, and left to rot.

Luckily I was able to Fleet recall this afternoon, and complete the mission. Now I'm reading horror stories about another BH quest that you're supposed to get at 50. Really looking forward to that!

I *want* to like this game. The fact that the BH class quests are obviously not done being worked on, is a major disappointment.

The exact same thing happened to me even down to the ticket.

Also had the healing padwaan so I had to lure the master down the ship and out of line of sight from her to stop this. (I think this bug they have fixed)

That said BH is my second imperial character and after playin a Sith Inquisitor to Lv 50 I will take the BH class quests bugs and all over the SI which was bug free but a pretty terrible class story. Would be nice if they fixed this mission though.

Edited by Izorii

I only saw one bug in the mission where the padawan would continue healing the jedi after I defeated her. I was able to get around that by pulling the Jedi out of her range and finish him off. I did the mission early on Christmas morning.

^This keeps happening to me. I got him out of range and he heals himself without any sort of bar above his head or action he does it in like 2 seconds. This quest is ********, I can't beat because of these bugs. All main quest bugs should have been fixed before launch, I guess I will have to get my guild to come and help me tomorrow, I will probably have to spend another hour clearing the ship with them.

its is bugged to crap, but doable, I manage to complete it with a guild memebr. kill the padawan first, i think i completed it out of sheer luck and help.

But the problem i have is wen i go to the ship of vengenace i get stuck on the spot just outta side my ship in hanger cant move cant jump, the ship door is open,

PLEASE NOTE U CAN ONLY GET OUT BY THE EMERGENCY FLEET PASS which u can only do ONCE every cycle which is not good.

So yesterday i did get stuck once in a cycle and the nxt time i did it i cudnt play for 12 hours .

wish they wud sort this out, and the emergency cycle time is way to long .

Edited by SafianKrill

Like Kanana, when I ran the mission the other week the only bug I encountered was the LOS bug with one group of mobs. Other than that it was bug free and I enjoyed what was a fantastic end to the great hunt.

I do feel for those who have had major problems with the mission though. Hopefully Bioware can find and fix the issues with the mission that some people are having.

I had the "Can not see target" issues on the Hanger deck with two mobs.

It didn't occur anywhere else for me.

The Med Center respawn and being locked out, what I found out on this was if you die in the "wrong" spot you end up in the wrong med center and are locked out of engineering.

Looks like you come out on one deck higher (same deck after you defeat the Chief) but can not move beyond that.

I tried getting killed near one of the large room size doors that had a large droid protecting it and spawned in the correct med center. Near an elevator or round doors and it was the wrong med center still.

This was all before attacking the Chief and not sure about the rest of the level as it was a lesson learned to just wait to respawn after that.

The jetpack and shield.. well.. I never had the two protecting the chief attack me even after trying to attack them from below. They would fire a few shots and just reset themselves after 10 seconds or so and continued to ignore me.

The jetpack won't work when you are too close to their platform and I thought I was a good distance away already. There isn't a warning about it and frankly I would rather it had fired and the end result failed then just standing around thinking this is another bug.

At least pop up a warning about it.

After getting the jetpack to fire, all 3 NPC's (The Cheif and the two protecting him) died instantly when I arrived on the platform. Another *** moment that I wasn't sure if that was supposed to happen or not.

I wasn't able to kill the Padawan directly as she stopped attacking and turned "friendly" when her HP got low enough. She didn't heal the Jedi and instead wanted to have a conversation.

Overall I'm very disappointed that such a critical and crucial mission ended up being marred with bugs even if one of them was in my favor. What a let down and truly the worst of the game experience I've gone through so far.

Not even a cinematic at the end? Really? Didn't we set that ship to.. oh.. never mind.

I completed it. Just give me a cookie.

Edited by Only-a-Lad

I'll chime in about the padawan, fortunately the only bug I faced. She turned friendly when on low HP and started healing the boss non stop, but once I noticed this I just pulled him further back and got it done.

I was two levels ahead which might explain how I passed it so easily, but how did you guys got to die? It's the standard one silver, three normals kind of spawn all the way.

• 2 weeks later...

i JUST completed this solo at 34-35.

i had issues with not being able to see enemies standing right in front of me, but the rest was ok. the warden went down relatively fast with Tracer Missiles. i had a harder time with the elite robots so i skipped past them. most of the 75 kills needed i got in the first area.

took out the padewan first and the Jedi somehow pushed Mako and me to a far wall so i didn't have to worry about her healing him. all went well. i DID use a presence stim at the end.

maybe they fixed it or i was lucky.

Edited by Dyspayre

Feb 14 and the Lead Engineer room is bugged - specifically the engineer himself and the thermal shield and ramjet mod to get to him. Once up on the platform mobs evade all attacks, cannot be killed...no progression is possible. Maybe they'll fix it in a few hours with the next update/patch.:mad:

Feb 14 and the Lead Engineer room is bugged - specifically the engineer himself and the thermal shield and ramjet mod to get to him. Once up on the platform mobs evade all attacks, cannot be killed...no progression is possible. Maybe they'll fix it in a few hours with the next update/patch.:mad:

Um no its not bugged. You need to read your quest text and build your jet pack boost and launch yourself up there.

First time I did this it was bugged. I had to reset the mission and use the ramjet ONLY (no grapple, no jet charge, nothing) without even using the shield either (they auto died once you get on top)

If you attack them BEFORE Ramjet, then it will bug again :(

Just completed this last night. I had the "Cannot See Target" bug come up a lot in the hangar and once else where. One fight in a hallway suddenly teleported me to the beginning of the quest and had to run all the way back (I was maybe 1 or 2 rooms away from the Command Deck).

The rocket pack thing seemed obvious to me, get the pieces, stand where the minimap tells you to stand. however I never used the shield module, i just click on the jet pack. I got a weird jumpy animation where my BH just kinda danced around then I was teleported to the engineer and everyone was dead. Made no sense to me. I jumped back down and killed off the rest of the folks in the room, clicked on the mandatory "move-quest-forward" items and left the room kinda confused as to what was supposed to happen in there. Was there supposed to be a cutscene or extended animation? Why did everyone die once I got up there? How did Mako make it up? Seemed like a missed opportunity for cutscene or something.

Jedi at the end were easy enough to fight, no bugs there and I killed the padawan last (mako had her stun locked most of the time).

Fun story, bugs kinda took some of the sheen off of it and the rocket pack scene didn't make much sense besides "Click on these things and push button to move story forward". Oh well at least I got my Legacy name and got a bunch of XP from unlocked "talk to Mako" quests.

Level 32 Merc. I saw most of the bugs but worked my way through them. But I am still stuck on the final phase. I killed the Jedi Master, but this dang palwaan refuses to die, nor even take damage! I have a request ticket in and am trying to find some way to burn her down, but it is just not happening.

Any suggestions?

P.S. I tried moving to the airlock or resetting, but I can't, because I am in combat. I have a trouble ticket in, but I am not holding out a lot of hope on this...

An update. I tried letting her kill me, but she just hung around my corpse. So I revived to the Med droid, then snuck past her out of her attack range and went back to the hanger and reset, like the poster above said:

2. Exit the phase by walking back out the green door at the airlock, but don't board your ship. Next right click your portrait and select reset phases. This will make mobs respawn, but you will still be on the final phase "speak to Kellian Jarro". Sneak around the rigt side of the hangar, up the ramp, and onto the elevator. Bam! Jedi there for thee beat down.

Then I fought my way back past the respawns on the command deck. After that it was a quick beat down of the palwaan.

Edited by maomatt

I haven't encountered any bugs in this quest, and I have both a Powertech and a Mercenary. Done it twice, and my friends haven't encountered any either. One of my friends encountered a problem with one of the final class quests on Corellia, but he reset it and it worked.

But it sucks for you mate.

I also get up on the platform no problem but while I can damage the engineer, after a short time he and his sidekicks go back to their original positions and EVADE, EVADE and I have to just run out of the room and try again.

Is this a bug or am I doing it wrong? PT here.

Please, please do so. Getting this upset over bugs is a clear indicator you simply aren't mature enough to play a MMO. Goodbye, make sure to follow through here.

What a dumb response. The game is bugged, and you're such a pathetic little fanboy that you accept a game that doesn't work properly, and then tell people who expect to get value for their money are being immature? Grow up sonny. Better you go and do your homework rather than making childish comments in the forum

For those who say it isn't bugged, get your head out of that dark place where the sun don't shine. The mission is bugged. Maybe the bug didn't affect you, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It also doesn't mean you're really smart because you got through, or that someone else is dumb because they didn't because of bad software

I am stuck on the bridge and cannot progress because the doors to the engineering deck elevator are locked, and in spite of searching for a live unlocking point for hours, and having killed everything in sight multiple times, I still cannot unlock the brig door. If that isn't a bug, then what is?? Other doors are also locked so I cannot return to my ship, and am stuck in this rat hole.

The mission is bugged and needs to be fixed. If you can't help with a solution, don't make the problem worse by making stupid comments