The Treek Bug. (grabbing aggro in healing stance)

aceavenger

(I'm a tank, Jedi Guardian). Treek, in healing mode, will grab aggro and no matter what I do I can not peel it off of her. I can taunt but after the 6 seconds it will go right back to here. The other day while questing on Yavin 4, she not only took aggro away from me, but 2 other people in the area so she had all their mobs on her as well. This is all in healing stance, not tanking.

I know with Revan being bugged that it won't be high on you list but thought you should know.

Edited by aceavenger

Since launch, companions have this cunning ability to get aggro and keep it. Also, do you have the BoL companion weapons on her? They are rated 192 and will do alot of damage even in healing stance that it might be taking aggro off of you as well.

And the aggro of others fighting in the area? Who are not in my group.

Plus it only happens one out of every 50 pulls

Edited by aceavenger

You know, now that you mention it, I noticed that too a few times. I'm wailing away on some mob and the mob is completely ignoring me and pounding away on Treek (in healing stance). What sucks is when i'm getting low on health, Treek is not healing me like she used to pre 3.0. She's firing away her little crossbow at the mob and ignoring my health. Yes, she's in healing stance.

It was pretty funny I was doing one of the dailies in Yavin 4 and I look over and here comes this mob I was fighting, not even next to what I was fighting, I couldn't have force leap to that mob. I noticed they were all locked and grey out for me. Then here comes a group of 3 that had tagged the mob running after then towards my Treek. Had to laugh.

My guess: They nerfed the players in 3.0 but they didn't nerf the abilities of our companions. So now, the have the same damage/threaet matrix they did in 2.x and we don't. So they pull off us since we were nerfed.

My guess: They nerfed the players in 3.0 but they didn't nerf the abilities of our companions. So now, the have the same damage/threaet matrix they did in 2.x and we don't. So they pull off us since we were nerfed.

That wouldn't explain it at all. If that was the case it would be every pull and it wouldn't explain why mobs came all that way to attack her when they were being attack by another group.

Funny thing, I have exact opposite problem with Treek. After 3.0, she doesn't hold aggro anymore (in tank stance). I have almost full presence bonus and she's wearing those sweet 192 MH and OH, versus my 180 bits. I'm ripping strongs and elites off her regularly which didn't happen pre 3.0. And she's now significantly better geared than me. Tho now that I think of it, I did use generator most of the time to get her damage and threat higher so it's possible that some abilities require shield gen.

I haven't used healing stance to compare but this makes me think that something flipped and now she taunts/gets threat bonus on healing stance instead of tank stance, at least sporadically. Need more testing to be sure.