Slinger/Sniper - Survivability ISSUE!

VdFExarKun

Problem with marksman is it's a little too good with the burst at the moment.

Yep. That egg will have to be cracked before anything meaningful happens to sniper/slinger.

The thing is, pre-3.0 MM was considered the noob spec which was the most easily accessible but the lowest ceiling of the 3 specs. Now its still easily accessible but has the highest ceiling, so long as you have a guard and a healer to handle when decent players focus you. I'm sure MM snipers are ok with that as they only got more powerful. Leth just pales in comparisson to other DOT specs by a loooooooong ways and sab actually saw nerfs and lost abilities while the other 2 gained 1.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a single class has three viable specs for group ranked currently. And Marksman is the second strongest dps spec for group, on par with AP PTs and right behind Hatred/Madness. Not saying this is great but it's already better than what some other classes have (e.g. Mercs, Maras).

That is true, and it goes to show that balance does not revolve solely around group ranked, as much as people want it to. Engineering and Virulence do not deserve to be gimped in all pvp because Marksmen does well in one area of pvp. The argument that keeps coming up that snipers are fine and need no changes because Marksmen does well in group is just bull****.

It has influence on your view.

From a different angle, things look differently.

In low-level PvP things are different for some classes than for others.

Not a single class has three viable specs for group ranked currently. And Marksman is the second strongest dps spec for group, on par with AP PTs and right behind Hatred/Madness. Not saying this is great but it's already better than what some other classes have (e.g. Mercs, Maras).

Then, please tell me, why are so few people playing it, according to the Leaderboards, if it is THAT mighty ?

Lol love the fact that one of the guys crying also boasts the following in his sig...

Cryyc, All-Galaxy Sniper and Famously Furious

Cryyc - Sniper | STREAM | 2k DPS Lethality

Biggest Hit: 17830

Here's a tip.... Team with people that will tank and heal for you... This is an MMO not a single player game.

Sniper boasts some of the best PVP DPS currently out there, twined with the fact that while in cover you can not be interrupted .. You can't have it all! I play a madness sorc and do you think i can get leach off against good players with interrupts?... No is the answer. Stop crying sniper is fine where it is.

What do you want a ROFLSTOMP god mode class? FOTM inc..

Lol love the fact that one of the guys crying also boasts the following in his sig...

Here's a tip.... Team with people that will tank and heal for you... This is an MMO not a single player game.

Sniper boasts some of the best PVP DPS currently out there, twined with the fact that while in cover you can not be interrupted .. You can't have it all! I play a madness sorc and do you think i can get leach off against good players with interrupts?... No is the answer. Stop crying sniper is fine where it is.

More pretty words from a guy that has never played sniper :)

Mate, you got no clue whatsoever.

And my signature on the forums doesn't mean that Sniper is fine... what kind of logic is that?!

It has influence on your view.

From a different angle, things look differently.

In low-level PvP things are different for some classes than for others.

Then, please tell me, why are so few people playing it, according to the Leaderboards, if it is THAT mighty ?

Sort by team ranked rating pls.

You play the most OP ranked class in the game, and you say that snipers are fine? Somebody got schooled by a MM sniper.

OK

1. He has played a sniper, in fact he's helped me out at times with mine.

2. He plays with me on my sniper every day, so he does have good working knowledge of how well a sniper can perform with proper support.

In ranked and arenas I will often get stomped, but that is conditional on the fact if the other team is stealth heavy. Against a non stealth team composition I perform well. I have mained a sniper for years, so I am used to being focused. People have to learn to position themselves near possible los objects etc., to get the most out of the class. If you try to fight out in the open or get yourself out of position you're done, BUT THAT IS EVERY CLASS! Hey if they do want to buff my class, GOD BLESS THEM! I will feel OP to be honest if they do.

P.S. I have ambushed someone for 21.5k

Edited by Crifa

He plays virulence. I play MM.

With respect, and I genuinely mean that, do you see the mistake in what you've posted? No one is saying that marksman isn't in a good spot and if you have two snipers together who know their class with one of them being marksman then you will do a lot better.

What I'm saying is that your viewpoint of how well a sniper doing is inflated.

It really gets me to see other snipers saying the class doesn't need any buff when you have engineering which is in very tough spot right now.....still a lot of fun and playable but definitely in a tough spot. There are three specs in our advanced class so please don't go around saying the class is fine when it blatently isn't.

Take away some of the burst potential in marksman and you will see a substantial difference and to be perfectly honest....it's only a matter of time before marksman gets nerfed in that sense. For the record....I'm not asking for a marksman nerf I'm just pointing out the obvious.

With respect, and I genuinely mean that, do you see the mistake in what you've posted? No one is saying that marksman isn't in a good spot and if you have two snipers together who know their class with one of them being marksman then you will do a lot better.

What I'm saying is that your viewpoint of how well a sniper doing is inflated.

It really gets me to see other snipers saying the class doesn't need any buff when you have engineering which is in very tough spot right now.....still a lot of fun and playable but definitely in a tough spot. There are three specs in our advanced class so please don't go around saying the class is fine when it blatently isn't.

Take away some of the burst potential in marksman and you will see a substantial difference and to be perfectly honest....it's only a matter of time before marksman gets nerfed in that sense. For the record....I'm not asking for a marksman nerf I'm just pointing out the obvious.

I do see that point! All I'm saying is that if you give me, and I am by far not even close to the best sniper, or even better how about GD NOSHADOW a buff then the tears would be glorious. We would just then be nerfed in to an even more craptastic position than we currently have. The other two sniper specs could use some additional defenses I agree with that completely, but even virulence spec is spectacular DPS. This leave us with one spec, that currently under performs. A lot of other classes in this game could say worse. If you think we get focused, try playing ANY healer! Now that is some serious people on your ***** ALL GAME!

Hey VdFExarKun are you NoShadow or Caprica? These guys are beast Snipers and I'm sure would laugh like me at this post.

Snipers only real weakness is LoS not defensive CD's. In a group situation it's fine run with a PT/Vanguard stacking diversion with oil slick and any other - acc debuf you can find. Throw the extra - acc after flashbang ends as well if you like.. Another class that can add to this only amplifies the effect.. Have a healer it's easy.

But let me guess your running solo and expect to be able to solo anyone? Sorry man that's not how it works.

Edited by ClockworkSoldier

I have a level 60 Marksman spec sniper called Xylas on POT5 thanks... I have no issues staying alive.

More words from someone who clearly can't play sniper...

This is ranked we're talking about. And you haven't played a single ranked match on your sniper.

Hey VdFExarKun are you NoShadow or Caprica? These guys are beast Snipers and I'm sure would laugh like me at this post.

Beast Snipers? That had to transfer back to their old server since they couldn't get any rating on shadowlands?

Ye I bet they laugh a lot. ;)

Who is this Cryyc guy? LOL Has he heard of some other guy in ranked as a sniper?

I don't know if I understand your post correctly or not but well I'm usually quite humble and don't brag, so some people might not know me.

I don't know if I understand your post correctly or not but well I'm usually quite humble and don't brag, so some people might not know me.

I just thought it was funny that he was name dropping to you specifically. I know who you are and have watched you I think pre-3.0.