Quest "Chapter 5: Shadow of Revan" (Speak to a local) stays in quest log

ptwonline

I skipped finishing the "Forged Alliance" solo flashpoints because of the lag and started doing quests on Rishi.

Later I went back and finished "Forged Alliance" and then got the Chapter 5 intro quest for the second time where I am supposed to "speak to a local". This quest cannot be completed the second time and just stays in the quest log and shows up on the tracker.

Edited by ptwonline

I skipped finishing the "Forged Alliance" solo flashpoints because of the lag and started doing quests on Rishi.

Later I went back and finished "Forged Alliance" and then got the Chapter 5 intro quest for the second time where I am supposed to "speak to a local". This quest cannot be completed the second time and just stays in the quest log and shows up on the tracker.

It's just happened to me too. The quest STUCK

Only thing respond from that local is "Uh... have a nice day!"

Same boat as all of you. Just stuck in the log, and I haven't actually advanced the Rishi story beyond talking to the bird. When you reset the quest, it goes back to just after you talked to the bird, and the quest cannot be abandoned to pick it up again. This is special. Edited by Prototypemind

I have the exact same issue. I submitted a ticket only to be given some advice about making sure I was in solo mode, which was nothing to do with my predicament.

Seems like the droids they have for the customer service are pretty useful and they could do with buying some more from the cartel market.

One of the tips I got was this;

•If that does not work, abandon the Prelude and the Flashpoint quest. Go back to your ship reaccept the Prelude, go to the Flashpoint and talk to the NPC. He should be able to grant you solo mode.

The problem with that is you are not able to abandon the prelude mission.

I completed SOR as a Sentinel before the fixes. There are some things you can't do without the fixes but defeating Revan is not one of them. make sure you are at level 60 with the best gear your lvl 60 commendations you can buy. start the attack against Revan. He will phase out. Don't try to follow him. You can't fight a ghost. Just sit back and wait for him to attack you and then unleash hell. He will phase out again. repeat - eventually Revan's health will deplete and you will win and get your new tile as Jedi Battlemaster. Don't know if this strategy will work after fixes.:csw_yoda:

I just encountered the exact same issue. Can not progress on that quest because of this. Resetting doesnt work.

Also this seems to be a problem only on republic side, at least for me. I have had no issues leveling in this exact same way on imperial side.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I'm experiencing the same issue. I skipped around a lot on the Shadow of Revan stuff, but wanted to go back to complete it. I'm on "Chapter 5: Shadow of Revan" which says "Speak to a Local". The mission pointer lands on Qaraah a bird-man, but when I attempt to converse with him he says "Uh... have a nice day!" Resetting the mission does not help and I cannot abandon it. Its taking up much needed space on my quest log.