3.0 Sentinel Precision Slash Changes

Aszen

On the notes for the changes via 3.0 to Combat Sentinels, it's detailed that the changes to Precision Slash will no longer ignore the global cooldown but will now last 6 seconds as opposed to 4.5 seconds. Is it a bug that mine is only lasting 3 seconds despite being a combat Sentinel, or am I an idiot and missing something in the discipline?

On the notes for the changes via 3.0 to Combat Sentinels, it's detailed that the changes to Precision Slash will no longer ignore the global cooldown but will now last 6 seconds as opposed to 4.5 seconds. Is it a bug that mine is only lasting 3 seconds despite being a combat Sentinel, or am I an idiot and missing something in the discipline?

You're missing that the blogs were written before the PTS went up, and that change sucked for PvPers.

The 3 second PS was required to prevent overpoweredness in terms of sustained DPS that a 4.5 second PS would have given.

For now:

PvE: First PS is under zen, has MS and CB. Second PS is not under zen, has Dispatch + CB

PvP: You can now use PS after a knockback to hit em with Dispatch + CB from range without having to worry about being melee range. because buff.

they should just get rid of the PS skill altogether since it seems to be the root of the problem in the combat (and imp counterpart) tree. 3 seconds is useless as some kind of buff it doesn't even finish a master strike

they should just up our armor ignore to a flat 30%, and get rid of PS. and give us another attack instead. because i HATE the fact that they were so lazy and used overload sabers animation.

they could have at the very least given it a different animation