[PvE] 3.0 switching specialization advice

tweetlek

Hey, all.

Since I've created my sentinel, I've always been Watchman. Now that 3.0 is here, I'd like to change my specialization and adjust to it while I level. I don't PvP and I'm mostly focused on OPs. Pre-3.0 I did some HM stuff and at some point would like to get into NiM. I'm not sure which specialization to choose based on my preference with all the 3.0 changes?...Combat or Concentration?

I've checked out various dulfy-like sites and these forums concerning the class updates but I'm not sure how to interpret them as I don't have any experience with the other specializations. I'm hoping some end gamers can help steer me in the right direction.

Thanks.

Hey, all.

Since I've created my sentinel, I've always been Watchman. Now that 3.0 is here, I'd like to change my specialization and adjust to it while I level. I don't PvP and I'm mostly focused on OPs. Pre-3.0 I did some HM stuff and at some point would like to get into NiM. I'm not sure which specialization to choose based on my preference with all the 3.0 changes?...Combat or Concentration?

I've checked out various dulfy-like sites and these forums concerning the class updates but I'm not sure how to interpret them as I don't have any experience with the other specializations. I'm hoping some end gamers can help steer me in the right direction.

Thanks.

Concentration has more potent AoE damage, higher burst, but lower sustained damage. Combat still has decent burst, but reduced burst from prior to the patch, and better sustained damage. Also the damage debuff they put on the target is better for most comps then what concentration gives.

Concentration has more potent AoE damage, higher burst, but lower sustained damage. Combat still has decent burst, but reduced burst from prior to the patch, and better sustained damage. Also the damage debuff they put on the target is better for most comps then what concentration gives.

Yeah, I knew simply pre-3.0 Concentration (Focus then) was mostly used in PvP but there was a good PvE hybrid spec which 3.0 did away with. When I was reading up on sentinels in this forum, I came across a few threads were people said Concentration/Fury looked promising and I wasn't sure if it was in the PvE or PvP context with the changes? That's what threw me for a loop and had me considering Concentration as an option.

Yeah, I knew simply pre-3.0 Concentration (Focus then) was mostly used in PvP but there was a good PvE hybrid spec which 3.0 did away with. When I was reading up on sentinels in this forum, I came across a few threads were people said Concentration/Fury looked promising and I wasn't sure if it was in the PvE or PvP context with the changes? That's what threw me for a loop and had me considering Concentration as an option.

It is definitely improved for PvE, but most of those players were referring to PvP. Burst is extremely good with the spec and it probably still has the best AoE capability of the 3 specs.

It is definitely improved for PvE, but most of those players were referring to PvP. Burst is extremely good with the spec and it probably still has the best AoE capability of the 3 specs.

Ah, I see. So then, between the current Combat and Concentration, which has less of a "ramp up" time and has an easier time pausing or switching targets? I seem to recall a number of encounters where there DPS stops and reinitiates or switches to a different target before being back on the boss.

Thanks for the information.