Level 55 without expansion

Lord_Submarine

If I understand it correctly if I do not buy the expansion, I will be stuck at level 55 forever (or at least until I get it, which will probably take a while). I have a couple of questions, I hope someone will be able to help me answering them.

What is the best gear I can buy for the basic comms without expansion and where can I buy it?

I assume I will be able to do level 50 hard flashpoints, but what about 55 (from the gearing point of view)? Or did it change and they are now level 60? And these flashpoints, will they give me gear I will not be able to buy for my basic comms?

The best gear you can get without the expansion theoretically is the same as before -- 186 rating Dread Master gear, which drops from Nighmare Mode Dread Fortress and Dread Palace. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the global combat changes meant that those are now virtually impossible at the level and gear rating and will still provide a challenge to fully geared level 60 characters.

As for comm-bought gear, the highest you can get is (I believe) 172, with the 186 comm gear requiring you to be level 60 to equip and even buy.