Do not use your basic comms!

Yezzan

For those who purchase Shadow of Revan. When you get the quest to go Rishi, you will get 297 basic commendations to buy basic gear. This will get you rating 162 gear from jthe vendors there.

But regardless of what your gear is don't use your comms. The Shadow of Revan quests will award you with a FULL set of gear (rating 178 i think) before you have to do the first flash point. The only thing you need to buy with your comms are the relics, if you do not have already.

It was a bit challenging at first but i think it was because of the massive lag.

EDIT: you HAVE to do Forged Alliances before you can do the Shadow of Revan progression. Therefore, you should have a few pieces of decent gear from Korriban Incursion, Assault on Thyton, Depts of Manan and Rakata prime. And the artifcat gear drops from those FPs are rating 162.

Edited by Yezzan

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So do you think I will have no problem getting to that point with level 35 blues on my Guardian then, since that's how I ended finishing him up during 12x xp. I think I will have to gear him and possibly my others are in similar situations that I levelled recently as I don't think I am that good a player. Edited by Jedi_riches

If you're in 156 gear or worse, I'd definitely buy a few 162 pieces, armorings in particular (the mobs on Rishi and the flashpoints hit pretty hard). That said, I'm saving my comms on all toons I have better with (and will continue to use the Arkanian set bonus until I get some drops from the new ops). Only annoying that I'm above the 1000 comms cap, but can't spend them for anything useful until reaching level 60!

Well I have not yet done any of the forged alliance flashpoints yet on any toon, so unless there is a bolster like on Makeb I will be unable to solo these either until I gear my self up. So I guess my next week is to farm old heroics to gear me up a bit.

Use the support droid in the SOLO versions. If you're careful about your aggro management, it's virtually impossible to die in there.

I think the OP got it a bit wrong. The gear that drops during Rishi is only 162 rating, but you can buy 172 rating mods on the fleet with BCs.

You get one green 168 set and one blue 178 set during the Rishi / Yavin storyline.

Edited by DogeDandolo

Maybe it depends on the class, but I got an orange mod-able set during Rishi (on my Smuggler). I was wrong though - it's 168 rating, not 162. In any case the 172 rating mods you can get on the fleet are better.

Edit - Ignore all this .... more later :)

Edited by JediQuaker

I assure you, once you have a full set of the 168 gear (orange with green mods) you'll get another set of 178 gear (orange with blue mods). The second is called Sky Ridge, I think.

You can buy 172 gear on Rishi the moment you get there. And you get a 178 set progressing the storyline..

If you mean the solo "forged alliances" as the prelude then yes I think you get a complete set of 162 gear (inc 1 earpeice and implant if I remember it correctly). Though I am not sure I should rely on this gear for Rishi though as it is very crit and surge heavy with no power that I remember (unless of course they have fixed the diminishing returns on crit)

If you mean the solo "forged alliances" as the prelude then yes I think you get a complete set of 162 gear (inc 1 earpeice and implant if I remember it correctly). Though I am not sure I should rely on this gear for Rishi though as it is very crit and surge heavy with no power that I remember (unless of course they have fixed the diminishing returns on crit)

News flash: doesn't need to me min-maxed for leveling. I think you'd be fine attempting Rishi in augmented and min-maxed 156. The 162 shouldn't pose any problems.

Ok I will try that, I did the solo forged alliances last night with my commando who was geared in some Makeb gear with a few 156's gained while doing the gree stuff at the last event.

That "god" droid is so OP i might actually give it a go with my Jedi Guardian who is well under geared but who managed to kill the Emperor in this gear, this might actually pose a challenge.

Edited by Jedi_riches

OK so could I get some advice please.

I am doing my Vig' guardian, she has purple 156 armourings, purple 140 mods and enhancements, purple 156 implants, purple 156 ear piece, and 13 purple 156 might augments, and purple 156 hilt.

I am a self crafter, not and end gamer, or pvp.

I have just done Korriban solo, and got 2 pieces of orange moddible gear, with 162 green gear.

Should I rip out the mods and put them into my current orange moddible gear, or will I get better stuff before I get to Rishi/Yarvin,

I know its better, but eww green.

Also slightly off topic, I got a relic from the Korriban final boss, is the deco and the armour all you can get with them?.

Well I did not get any gear that was rated better than green 162's when I run it last night. I think its designed to give you a full set of 162's before reaching Rishi (the set get drip fed to you as you complete all 3 parts).

You could use your basic comms to get mods with 172 rating, but I think 162 is supposed to be enough for Rishi, maybe saving your comms for level 60 gear as it will cost over 1,000 comms to buy a full set of level 60 gear (a single chest piece is 120 comms alone from what I looked at last night).

Not much point in saving

The Basic Commendation gear at level 60 is complete garbage anyway.

Only high endurance / low everything else mods.

Don't be fooled into thinking it is better than some other gear just because of higher rating.

It is in fact worse.

Not all of it is. I'll definitely get some of the armorings / hilts to replace my non-set-bonus 55 ones.

What rating can you buy at level 60, which comms you need for it, and where do you get that stuff?

Also, what about the Elite comms you accumulate during the FA intro? What do they buy now? What's the efficient way to spend them?

Finally, there are a few FPs available for L55-59 while levelling, what happens to them at L60? What gear you need to be in to get through them? Is the starter 172 enough?

TY

Edited by DomiSotto

For those who purchase Shadow of Revan. When you get the quest to go Rishi, you will get 297 basic commendations to buy basic gear. This will get you rating 162 gear from jthe vendors there.

But regardless of what your gear is don't use your comms. The Shadow of Revan quests will award you with a FULL set of gear (rating 178 i think) before you have to do the first flash point. The only thing you need to buy with your comms are the relics, if you do not have already.

It was a bit challenging at first but i think it was because of the massive lag.

EDIT: you HAVE to do Forged Alliances before you can do the Shadow of Revan progression. Therefore, you should have a few pieces of decent gear from Korriban Incursion, Assault on Thyton, Depts of Manan and Rakata prime. And the artifcat gear drops from those FPs are rating 162.

Yeah I made the mistake with my Trooper wont make it with my Juggy ;)

What rating can you buy at level 60, which comms you need for it, and where do you get that stuff?

Also, what about the Elite comms you accumulate during the FA intro? What do they buy now? What's the efficient way to spend them?

186 for Basic comms, 192 for Elite comms and 198 for Ultimate comms. The Basic gear vendors for level 60 are found on Makeb (Orbital station), Yavin 4 and on the Imperial/Republic Fleet, where you also find the Elite and Ultimate comm vendors, all in the Supplies section. As to what is an efficient way of spending Elite comms, I'm not sure, but I feel that I've been getting less Ultimate comms on 60 than I used to on 55. That might make Elite comms actually useful.

Finally, there are a few FPs available for L55-59 while levelling, what happens to them at L60? What gear you need to be in to get through them? Is the starter 172 enough?

TY

The new tactical FPs Bloodhunt and Battle for Rishi are for 56-60. Now, I'm not sure which FPs you're referring to, but I'm guessing the ones you mean are the old HC FPs, like Hammer Station, Athiss and Cademimu? Those kinda lose their relevance come level 60, not sure if they even stay in GF. And yes, the starter 172 should be just fine, these FPs where intended for 156 rating and above, and that was when you couldn't outlevel them. Have fun trying everything out! :)

Edited by Darkelefantos

Note - when you first get to Rishi, you get 297 Basics (3x99) and a 192 rating weapon for a companion. During Rishi you get 2 sets of mod-able, orange armor, one 168 rating, the second, 178.

You may want to go to Rishi to get the 297 BCs, and then go back to the fleet to mod your gear, if you don't have a few hundred BCs already.

You can, with 162 gear, survive long enough to get the 168 gear, if you want to be stingy with your free BCs. I always prefer to be over-geared if possible. ;)

So, I'd suggest that, if you have mod-able, orange gear at less than 162 rating, go to the Fleet and upgrade the <162 pieces to 172. If you have gear that's 162 or above, you can easily survive long enough to get the 168/178 ratings from the quests. (It's hard for me to tell yet, as my Gunslinger had 180 gear already.)

For companions, I would suggest you gear up your healer comp, or a dps/tank comp you might want, with 172s on the fleet, if they are 156 or less. But, that may depend upon your class and your healer's class. For example, my Gunslinger's healer (Gus) is also "cunning", so he can use the 168s and 178s that you get during Rishi (although the secondary stats may not be ideal). A Commando's comps are all "aim" so they can use those sets too.

Note too - when you do the solo FP, you get a droid to help you, but you can still also bring a healer (or other) comp, so it's good to have your companion reasonably well geared.

Edited by JediQuaker
Error correction

There is no point in using your comms to buy gear that you will get as you progress through the quests. I don't know why people are giving mixed information. There is no point in buying 162/168 rating gear before you go to Rishii because they will only last you for about 30 mins of play time.

You literally get the requisite gear to progress through Rishii and Yavin 4.

There is no point in using your comms to buy gear that you will get as you progress through the quests. I don't know why people are giving mixed information. There is no point in buying 162/168 rating gear before you go to Rishii because they will only last you for about 30 mins of play time.

You literally get the requisite gear to progress through Rishii and Yavin 4.

Agreed.

Only exception would be if you're over the basic comms cap, in which case it might be worthwhile to buy some 55 gear and refund it every two hours to avoid losing out on all of the basic comms that drop during the storyline.

h alli,

i recently got my 1st lvl 55 due to 12xXP in Makeb (do i need to finish the class story here). but i have not gear my trooper appropriately ...based on wat i read here, i should not get any gears from makeb vendor?

But will i be under geared for the new expansion content??

So where should i get some decent gears then?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.