wow Jedi gaurdians got screwed..

enigmacypher

I have a level 33 guardian and i decided to try out this new system and IT sucks..

the one boss near the elevator to the lower levels in the Nar Shaddaa bonus sections decimated me in a few attacks ..

you can't interrupt his backhand hit often enough.. your defense buff is meaningless .. the debuff off stomp doesn't seem to do anything .. even racing to get all buffs and debuffs up it had no effect on NPC

your kick is also SSSSOOOOO slow to rechamber that he always gets one hit before it is up again..

WAS this even bothered to be tested??

at 33rd level I have only Treek. (well and the useless droid from the ship that was a cheat and a half when the game came out)

IT was a boss style NPC the one near the elevator to the Narr Shaddaa bonus section .. sunday I had to work at it but beat him..

Now you can only interrupt every other charged hit (I didn't even bother with that before) .. and that back hand is taking a 1/4 of my health every hit with Treek not healing me beyond just a holding pattern..

the debuffs don't seem to affct him much (you can see they are up but that is it) and the blade storm buff is up when he hits and yet still lose 1/4 health..

at 33rd level I have only Treek. (well and the useless droid from the ship that was a cheat and a half when the game came out)

IT was a boss style NPC the one near the elevator to the Narr Shaddaa bonus section .. sunday I had to work at it but beat him..

Now you can only interrupt every other charged hit (I didn't even bother with that before) .. and that back hand is taking a 1/4 of my health every hit with Treek not healing me beyond just a holding pattern..

the debuffs don't seem to affct him much (you can see they are up but that is it) and the blade storm buff is up when he hits and yet still lose 1/4 health..

If youre talking about RG-4L, that is a world boss and you shouldnt be able to solo him at level 33 anyway. So, no problem as I see it.

Unsurprising that with completely closed testing they don't get enough testers to test the new dps curve vs. leveling content.

I guess i should put in for my max level up then ..

this isn't all of it BTW .. they had a lot of testing when the game first came out and there were a lot of nightmares then too .. (jedi knights were one of them since they didn't bother to consider the effect of companions order of appearance.. jedi knights story wise have to wait till balmoral end to get their healer making soloing painful more often than not)

If youre talking about RG-4L, that is a world boss and you shouldnt be able to solo him at level 33 anyway. So, no problem as I see it.

not the world boss the boss going down there .. yes he is high end but he is also lower level than me ..

a world boss mob should flatten me but not these ones

I can beat them with an equal level DPS and healer comp before .. and even now can take him down with a commando healer and my tank companion

Assuming you're talking about tank spec, they screwed up the tank stance damage debuff. It was supposed to lower damage by 10% (according to the tooltip) but if you check by removing your stance and reapplying it, it actually lowers your damage by 20%. That is a pretty big screwup, and makes the already slowest way to level even more painfully slow.

not the world boss the boss going down there .. yes he is high end but he is also lower level than me ..

a world boss mob should flatten me but not these ones

I can beat them with an equal level DPS and healer comp before .. and even now can take him down with a commando healer and my tank companion

Did you read the patch notes? They did say, and have said, they were reducing damage output along with increasing the cool downs on interupts. I for one like this, it finally feels like SWTOR is semi-challenging again. It's not the mindless slog of mashing buttons just to advance anymore. You may actually have to think about some strategy to be able to beat anything over a low level npc. I like it!!!

Did you read the patch notes? They did say, and have said, they were reducing damage output along with increasing the cool downs on interupts. I for one like this, it finally feels like SWTOR is semi-challenging again. It's not the mindless slog of mashing buttons just to advance anymore. You may actually have to think about some strategy to be able to beat anything over a low level npc. I like it!!!

hey TROOLLL read through the post ..

I played this game when it was new .. I read the posts and this doesn't change the fact that they have seriously screwed up tank classes...

tanks need to soak damage .,. IF THEY CAN'T until max levels they can't level up

there are too many skills moved up to the top brackets for this new idiotic skill tree..

there was no were near enough testing and you need to stop assuming since to assume makes and *** of u

tanks need to soak damage .,. IF THEY CAN'T until max levels they can't level up

You are a sub.... you can respec for free. First thing I tested today... just to make sure that the skill respec NPC was not borked and that it works now for Disciplines.

So.. leveling up, unless you are doing so only in FPs as a main tank, then spec into one of the damage disciplines. <insert bright light bulb here> This was true before the expac and it's true after the expac.

Same goes for healer specs IMO. It's senseless to go any route other then a damage spec for leveling. OR... tank if you like but use a high dps companion. That works too.

Edited by Andryah

You are a sub.... you can respec for free. First thing I tested today... just to make sure that the skill respec NPC was not borked and that it works now for Disciplines.

So.. leveling up, unless you are doing so only in FPs as a main tank, then spec into one of the damage disciplines. <insert bright light bulb here> This was true before the expac and it's true after the expac.

Same goes for healer specs IMO. It's senseless to go any route other then a damage spec for leveling. OR... tank if you like but use a high dps companion. That works too.

I understand the way you "think" it is BUT up until today I never had to spec with what I wasn't going to use... I level in the spec I normally use so I can stay flagged for FPs in the spec I prefer to play .. to do it your way I have to say wait wait wait I need to go respect before this instance everytime the group finally comes up ( and that is another point the idiotcy of grouping max levels and low levels since you can no longer even get low level instances unless one of you max level guildies cares to run you through one)

Also If you are going to TANK you spec as a tank (once you have a healer) and then you can figure out how the tanking works .. same a s a healer ..

sorry you don't need to learn to DPS it is pretty no thought as a rule ..(plink plink plink)

bottom line they have made a game that took off badly even worse now by trying to finally fix an issue that they created with their stupid companion system

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.