The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Nerf Sorc/Sage

NightWalker--

Yeah, it's kind of funny to me as sorcs/sages were usually the biggest whiners about at least marauder smash, and then operatives DPS (LOL) and especially right before the KD got removed from shoot first, so now they get to deal with the cries of being OP.

I will stay out of it, but I would have a rooting interest in poetic justice if it weren't for one of my friends playing a sage at times.

Poetic justice would have been for the sages/sorcs player base to go tell the maras to "go l2p noobs and simply spread out", something that they were receiving back then... Fortunately, sages/sorcs have shown to be in general more mature, such as with the bubble stun fiasco. Pestilence is OP as **** and actually kills any strategic play with ccs/damage as it is purely now dot the **** out of them and los while they die. It is basically as I said before release a ranged dotsmash working like mind crush with nearly double the damage of pre-nerfed smash. Sages/sorcs balance/madness was perfectly balanced in 2.10, now it is stupidly OP, although I want to see and read the patch notes of the rest of the classes before I have a final conclusive opinion... but I seriously doubt that anything I read will change this... probably if the other dot class specs have similar mechanisms will be in the same OP boat.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poetic justice would have been for the sages/sorcs player base to go tell the maras to "go l2p noobs and simply spread out", something that they were receiving back then... Fortunately, sages/sorcs have shown to be in general more mature, such as with the bubble stun fiasco. Pestilence is OP as **** and actually kills any strategic play with ccs/damage as it is purely now dot the **** out of them and los while they die. It is basically as I said before release a ranged dotsmash working like mind crush with nearly double the damage of pre-nerfed smash. Sages/sorcs balance/madness was perfectly balanced in 2.10, now it is stupidly OP, although I want to see and read the patch notes of the rest of the classes before I have a final conclusive opinion... but I seriously doubt that anything I read will change this... probably if the other dot class specs have similar mechanisms will be in the same OP boat.

I don't exactly get the DoT spread either. That seems like something for raiding. It's overpowered in PvP, it's overkill in PvE unless the recipients are Strong or above.

And bubble stun needs to move to top tier, maybe root on Overload as well.