3.0 commando/merc dps guide?

goeblu

Could you explain why aim augment after 3.0 please ?

Disclaimer: numbers below are approximations to give an idea of diminishing returns.

From what I saw from doing a bit of basic math last night main stat and power still have no DR when it comes to bonus damage. There is a small DR on the ~0.002---% crit increase per 1 point of main stat, but the 0.2 bonus damage increase per 1 point of main stat has no DR just like 2.10. I think power is something like 0.23 bonus damage per 1 point, but youre not getting that extra ~0.002--% increase to crit like main stat gives.

So far, Crit and Surge have somewhere around a -0.001% DR per 100 points of rating (crit/surge) from what I saw last night and it is a rather consistent DR until you get way up into ~600 rating area ( figure needs confirmation but it's pretty high once it reaches a DR cliff). Don't have actual numbers in front of me since I'm at work.

I have not tested Alacrity yet to see how heavy the DR is on it but it is probably similar to crit and surge.

All that to say, augmenting main stat or power is the SAFE way to go because no matter how much you stack, your going to still get the same bang for your buck (power a bit more bonus damage and main stat a tad more crit). All the other secondary stats will probably hit heavy DRs once your gear rating goes up, forcing you to change out augs at higher gear levels.

This is just a basic mock up to give an idea. I'm sure someone will post an actual spreadsheet at some point with exact values for DRs.

Edited by Volcan

In gunnery for what I can tell or what I use is; Start with boltstorm, vortex bolt, grav round with proc from vortex, then boltstorm with proc from grav round, then build up charged barrel, then high impact bolt and demo round. If fighting an elite or champ; start with tech override and reserved powercell, use plasma nade and electro net, then use the the rotation. Use auto attack if you need to recharge. Main disciplines I would get is Overclocked and Forced March. Boltstorm on the move is a lifesaver, and using vortex bolt will put up a proc that allows you to use grav round on the move like tech override. This is the rotatin I use. It works pretty well and I haven't run into any problems.

Does anyone have a solid pyro rotation to share?

Scorch -> IM -> Flamethrower -> Flaming Fist -> Rail Shot -> Flame Burst -> Rapid Shots -> Immolate -> Flame Burst ->

Flaming Fist -> IM -> Flamethrower -> Rapid Shots -> Rail Shot -> Flaming Fist -> Flame Burst -> Immolate -> Flame Burst ->

Though why you're asking about PT specs on the merc/mando forums is beyond me :p

Scorch -> IM -> Flamethrower -> Flaming Fist -> Rail Shot -> Flame Burst -> Rapid Shots -> Immolate -> Flame Burst ->

Flaming Fist -> IM -> Flamethrower -> Rapid Shots -> Rail Shot -> Flaming Fist -> Flame Burst -> Immolate -> Flame Burst ->

Though why you're asking about PT specs on the merc/mando forums is beyond me :p

haha! ********! :-)

IO then?

haha! ********! :-)

IO then?

I believe it was something along the lines of:

Open with:

Incendiary Missile

Mag Shot

Power Shot

Then alternate between Block A and B

BLOCK A

Contains:

Mag Shot

Serrated Shot

Thermal Detonator

Rapid Shots

Finishes with:

Unload

Block B:

Contains:

Unload pt 2

Rapid Shot

Incendiary Missile

Finishes with:

Mag Shot

Power Shot

Edited by TACeMossie

With un-augmented 186 armor and augmented 180 for the rest. I was doing 3045 dps against the lvl60 combat target.

Rotation:

Priming Shot -> Tracer Missile -> Tracer Missile (cast) -> Blazing Bolts

Heatseeker Missiles -> Rail Shot -> Tracer Missile (cast) -> Blazing Bolts

The problem I have is, after a rotation or two Priming shot is 0.5-1 seconds off cooldown when it comes up, but Tracer Missile is by far the lowest DPS ability I have, so I've just been waiting for the cooldown. Of course in-practice other stuff will often take up that 0.5-1 seconds of down time.

So is this the right rotation for Arsenal? I remember the 2.0 Combat Sentinel rotation was quite a bit more complicated. Also I wasn't having any heat issues, at all. Even when spamming some AOE's it wasn't a problem.

I figured the ability DPS to be:

4612 dps = Heatseeker Missiles (w/ Tracer Missile)

4187 dps = Rail Shot (w/ 5 stacks)

4113 dps = Blazing Bolts

3724 dps = Priming Shot

2332 dps = Tracer Missile

So I was just trying to get as many Blazing Bolts in as possible.

With un-augmented 186 armor and augmented 180 for the rest. I was doing 3045 dps against the lvl60 combat target.

Rotation:

The problem I have is, after a rotation or two Priming shot is 0.5-1 seconds off cooldown when it comes up, but Tracer Missile is by far the lowest DPS ability I have, so I've just been waiting for the cooldown. Of course in-practice other stuff will often take up that 0.5-1 seconds of down time.

So is this the right rotation for Arsenal? I remember the 2.0 Combat Sentinel rotation was quite a bit more complicated. Also I wasn't having any heat issues, at all. Even when spamming some AOE's it wasn't a problem.

4113 dps = Blazing Bolts

3724 dps = Priming Shot

Pretty sure you're losing a bit of damage this way because the 8 second lockout says 6 GCDs per Blazing Bolts, not 5.

You want:

Filler x5 -> Tracer -> Filler x5 -> Tracer ->...

Filler can be anything in a priority list, things that should be used in them include:

HSM on target with debuff

Priming Shot

Tracer with Priming Shot buff

Rail Shot with 5x stacks

Electro Net

Blazing Bolts (make 2 of them Blazing Bolts, but only delay something if Blazing Bolts hasn't been used and its 2GCDs to the next proc)

Rapid shots if you need resources

and so on.

Also make sure that HSM is only used in a cooldown that ends up either immediately before or immediately after a proc after a while, with RS being seperated by 1 GCD between them.

oh my god, are you back?! :eek:

It's fantastic to see you on the forums again!

Welcome back!

Hey ya'll, I do scour the merc/commando forums from time to time and get the itch to play here and there but nah I'm not back :) might log back in after the New Year and see what's new in 3.0

Happy Holidays everyone!

Rotation:

4113 dps = Blazing Bolts

3724 dps = Priming Shot

I can see a couple of issues with that rotation. First of all, you want to use Blazing Bolts when it procs, and not delay it, for is one of the hardest hitting abilities. So, after the first tracer missile, you use BB. Second, you use two tracer misiles and then Railshot, wich is a waste, because you're using Railshot with only 4 stacks of Tracer Lock, and you want to use Railshot always with 5 stacks, for wich you need 3 Tracer Missiles. Also, Heatseeker Missiles is another must-use on cd, and you're delaying it for one Tracer Missile. So, i would modify that rotation and do something like this: Priming Shot>Tracer Missile>Heatseeker Missiles>Blazing Bolts>Electro Net>Tracer Missile>Tracer Missile>Blazing Bolts (proc)> Railshot> Priming Shot> Tracer Missile, and on. There are a few basic rules i use for rotation:

1) Heatseeker Missiles on CD (except if the target doesn't have the debuff from TM)

2) Blazing Bolts whenever it procs (and never use it without barrage)

3)Railshot always with 5 stacks of Tracer Lock

4)Electro Net also in CD, is not the best but is a good ability

5) Priming Shot always before TM, but do not delay HM, BB or Railshot

6) Rapid Shots If Heat goes above 70%

7) Always keep the debuff from Tracer Missile, and with 3.0, the 10 stacks of Supercharge. If you're going to loose those 10 stacks, that is the only case where you can delay BB, HM or Railshot and use TM

8) Use Power Surge and Thermal Sensor Override whenever is possible before TM

Also with 3.0 I took Fussion Missile off the rotation (I think everyone will do that), but you can use it if you can manage it.

That's my opinion of course, correct me if I'm wrong

Edited by MoiyMaru

I can see a couple of issues with that rotation. First of all, you want to use Blazing Bolts when it procs, and not delay it, for is one of the hardest hitting abilities. So, after the first tracer missile, you use BB. Second, you use two tracer misiles and then Railshot, wich is a waste, because you're using Railshot with only 4 stacks of Tracer Lock, and you want to use Railshot always with 5 stacks, for wich you need 3 Tracer Missiles. Also, Heatseeker Missiles is another must-use on cd, and you're delaying it for one Tracer Missile. So, i would modify that rotation and do something like this: Priming Shot>Tracer Missile>Heatseeker Missiles>Blazing Bolts>Electro Net>Tracer Missile>Tracer Missile>Blazing Bolts (proc)> Railshot> Priming Shot> Tracer Missile, and on. There are a few basic rules i use for rotation:

1) Heatseeker Missiles on CD (except if the target doesn't have the debuff from TM)

2) Blazing Bolts whenever it procs (and never use it without barrage)

3)Railshot always with 5 stacks of Tracer Lock

4)Electro Net also in CD, is not the best but is a good ability

5) Priming Shot always before TM, but do not delay HM, BB or Railshot

6) Rapid Shots If Heat goes above 70%

7) Always keep the debuff from Tracer Missile, and with 3.0, the 10 stacks of Supercharge. If you're going to loose those 10 stacks, that is the only case where you can delay BB, HM or Railshot and use TM

8) Use Power Surge and Thermal Sensor Override whenever is possible before TM

Also with 3.0 I took Fussion Missile off the rotation (I think everyone will do that), but you can use it if you can manage it.

That's my opinion of course, correct me if I'm wrong

You're a little off:

Blazing Bolts has a CD reset, so you are able to delay it a little.

the rotation is:

Filler1 -> Filler2 -> Filler3 -> Filler4 -> Filler5 -> Tracer -> Repeat

Blazing Bolts uses 2 of these fillers, and can be delayed until Filler 4 where it must be used

You're a little off:

Blazing Bolts has a CD reset, so you are able to delay it a little.

the rotation is:

Filler1 -> Filler2 -> Filler3 -> Filler4 -> Filler5 -> Tracer -> Repeat

Blazing Bolts uses 2 of these fillers, and can be delayed until Filler 4 where it must be used

Typo in your new sig brother :) (Levle)