New Episode 7 lightsaber

JetSetter

Please no... This is so stupid.

This. So much.

Lmao, these guys... If you don't like it, don't use it. I for sure would LOVE to see it in game. I really don't know why so man ypeople hate it. It's something new, fresh and looks impressive. My bet is that only conservatives dislike it since they get attached too much tto old /traditional things and go crazy when something appear to be slighty different than before. Kinda childish attidute too if you ask me.

Edited by Satelle

Lmao, these guys... If you don't like it, don't use it. I for sure would LOVE to see it in game. I really don't know why so man ypeople hate it. It's something new, fresh and looks impressive. My bet is that only conservatives dislike it since they get attached too much tto old /traditional things and go crazy when something appear to be slighty different than before. Kinda childish attidute too if you ask me.

I'm guessing that is the problem. It is pure eye candy. That's it. Just eye candy. They wanted to make something that'd make the kiddies go "WOAAAH!! WICKED!" The functionality of it would be beyond terrible and it wouldn't be logical to use over the traditional saber or the double bladed.

Edited by Essence_of_Light

I'm guessing that is the problem. It is pure eye candy. That's it. Just eye candy. They wanted to make something that'd make the kiddies go "WOAAAH!! WICKED!" The functionality of it would be beyond terrible and it wouldn't be logical to use over the traditional saber or the double bladed.

And shooting lighting from your fingers without shocking yourself is logical? using a double bladed lightsaber is logical? It's just as bad or worse.

The point is this is a game and anything is possible. Let people have their "eye candy'

And shooting lighting from your fingers without shocking yourself is logical? using a double bladed lightsaber is logical? It's just as bad or worse.

The point is this is a game and anything is possible. Let people have their "eye candy'

Sure, anything is possible. Doesn't mean it should be done.

EDIT: I think I just copied Essence of Light

Correction: The functionality of it wouldn't be any worse than any of basic's lightsaber. How is classic lightsaber anything but not self-injury weapon? It's as impractical as the lightsaber with two cross guards coming out shown in the teaser. Just because they added it now, it suddenly became somehow MORE impractical? Where's logic in all of this? As someone pointed how is lightining shooting out of your fingers logical? Guys if we followed that way of thinking we woud have to uninstall the game completely.

The others saying that this is "stupid" are prolly 12 year old kids. It's not even an argument. Grow up.

This lightsaber seem to be really cool and there is no reason whatsoever we should not have it in game in some futher packs.

I can't wait until they add a blaster saber. :p

A twilek lady Jedi Paladin that appears in Star Wars Coruscant Nights novel series has been using some kind of lightsaber blasters. Same goes for other books that tell us about lightsaber whips so... you can be as ironic as you like but such things really do exist in Star Wars Universe. So it's yet another reason for why it would be good to have it in game.

Edited by Satelle

Correction: The functionality of it wouldn't be any worse than any of basic's lightsaber. How is classic lightsaber anything but not self-injury weapon? It's as impractical as the lightsaber with two cross guards coming out shown in the teaser.

No, the one with cross guards is more impractical. You wanna switch Lightsaber forms? Well, there goes your hand. Ambidextrous and wanna swtich hands? Well, good, you just lost one of them anyway.

I can see the sense of it as they would allow you to deflect/block easier, but FFS, why did it have to be like that? Why not cross guards made of Cortosis?

Edited by Darkelefantos

No, the one with cross guards is more impractical. You wanna switch Lightsaber forms? Well, there goes your hand. Ambidextrous and wanna swtich hands? Well, good, you just lost one of them anyway.?

No. Seriously, how exactly would you not be able to change lightsaber form or change hand holding lightsaber with crossguard lights? Explain this to me please. How would you exactly not be able to do it? How do you "lose" one by switching hand holding a hilt? Make sense please.

Edited by Satelle

I think the main issue with a crossguard lightsaber in game would be animations.

Especially Jedi Knights Master Strike animation would probably render moments where the crossguard is carving up the ribs of the Jedi Knight.

Sorc/Sages Trash/Double Strike could also end up being more fatal for the attacker than the target.

Edited by MFollin

I think the main issue with a crossguard lightsaber in game would be animations.

Especially Jedi Knights Master Strike animation would probably render moments where the crossguard is carving up the ribs of the Jedi Knight.

Sorc/Sages Trash/Double Strike could also end up being more fatal for the attacker than the target.

Truth.