The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Star Wars 7 Official Trailer!

JidaiDerriphan

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't even know if the Story Group will see fit to bring cortosis weaving back into the canon. George Lucas hated the idea of it, which is why the "darksaber" in The Clone Wars isn't a metal blade.

The electrostaffs in Episode 3 were lightsaber resistant made out of Phrik Alloy....Now that Phrik Alloy hasnt been brought into the new canon the electrostaffs are made up of an unknown lightsaber resistant material.

Even Palpatines lightsaber was stated in the ROTS novel to be made out of Phrik Alloy.

Edited by Girdeux

The plasma blade of this new character's lightsaber has a wavy, distorted outline.

Perhaps they are borrowing from the Legends concept of an unstable crystal.

This! I don't mind the cross guard but the blade of the lightsaber bugs the hell out of me. It shouldn't look like its on fire, lightsabers aren't flamethrowers.

Maybe you are right and they are borrowing lore from additional sources. Will reserve full judgement until we see a closeup of other lightsabers in the full trailer. But if they all look like that I'm out.

Few things I would like to say

1) I liked the Teaser , left me wanting more and gave very little to nothing that is really happening .

2) Was disappointed no Luke Skywalker . I will admit I was never a Fan of EU Luke Skywalker but I love the Movie Version or Cannon Version should I say .

While I have read the Spoilers , I am more interested in seeing it happen . So until then I will treat everything like Rumors .

3) Storm Trooper going AWOL , I find it sad that in these days and ages people have made such big deals about his Color . Very sad .

4) Tatooine ................ so it has now become tradition to put Tatooine in the start of every Three Sets of Movies lol.

OK now for the Sith .

The Cross Guard being attacked by people is beyond frustrating and I understand people cannot get past the OT but many people who have attacked it are also EU Fans and Cross Guard Lightsaber ............is nothing to a Lumiya's Lightwhip lol .

Beam look , does not bother me , it could be explained surely at some point by poor build or faulty Crystal . Not unheard of in the EU . Again people just looking for a reason to be upset.

I could go on and on with this all day but I am going to bow out of any detailed drawn out debate .

I Grew up on OT , I will admit I liked EP1-3 , and CloneWars . I have to say I have had a Hardtime watching Rebels , maybe it is just lack of time , the store seems ok , just having issues getting over CloneWars .

I love Star Wars , and while I might not be able to right off hand remember books like if they were tattooed to my eye lids , I still buy them and try to keep from being biased and destroying what could be good stories that have and could keep the StarWars universe going .

The electrostaffs in Episode 3 were lightsaber resistant made out of Phrik Alloy....Now that Phrik Alloy hasnt been brought into the new canon the electrostaffs are made up of an unknown lightsaber resistant material.

Even Palpatines lightsaber was stated in the ROTS novel to be made out of Phrik Alloy.

It's been a long time since I watched Episode III and I haven't seen much of the Clone Wars cartoon. Are there any sources part of the new canon where the IG-100 MagnaGuards' electrostaffs parry or resist lightsaber blade strikes anyplace besides the electromagnetically charged ends?

If so I'd consider it weird, because the concept of showing anything not a lightsaber resisting a lightsaber's blade was Lucas' stated reason for having the Darksaber created. Originally the Clone Wars team were going to make it some ancient Mandalorian sword made of a metal from the EU which could resist a lightsaber, but Lucas became cross and ordered them to change it because it clashed with his vision.

Of course, Lucas is now only a script adviser for the new movies. For all we know they could come out with some character with a lightsaber-resistant shield.

It's been a long time since I watched Episode III and I haven't seen much of the Clone Wars cartoon. Are there any sources part of the new canon where the IG-100 MagnaGuards' electrostaffs parry or resist lightsaber blade strikes anyplace besides the electromagnetically charged ends?

If so I'd consider it weird, because the concept of showing anything not a lightsaber resisting a lightsaber's blade was Lucas' stated reason for having the Darksaber created. Originally the Clone Wars team were going to make it some ancient Mandalorian sword made of a metal from the EU which could resist a lightsaber, but Lucas became cross and ordered them to change it because it clashed with his vision.

Of course, Lucas is now only a script adviser for the new movies. For all we know they could come out with some character with a lightsaber-resistant shield.

Regardless of the electrostaff, Luke's lightsaber still glances off Vader's shoulder in Ep. V, so there are definitely 'lightsaber-resistant materials' of some form or another still in the Canon.