3.0 Virulence - A new way to play

TACeMossie

Why do you put Weakening Blast after Lethal Shots? I'd put Weakening Blast first as it triggers damage on poison effects and Lethal Shot comes with a poison effect.

Example:

Cull -> Takedown -> Series of Shots -> Corrosive Dart ->

Cull -> Takedown -> Weakening Blast -> Lethal Shot/Rifle Shot -> Corrosive Grenade ->

Cull -> Takedown -> Series of Shots -> Lethal Shot/Rifle Shot ->

Cull -> Takedown -> Weakening Blast -> Lethal Shot/Rifle Shot -> Corrosive Dart ->

Cull -> Takedown -> Series of Shots -> Corrosive Grenade ->

Cull -> Takedown -> Weakening Blast -> Lethal Shot/Rifle Shot -> Lethal Shot/Rifle Shot ->

Agreed. This works more efficiently. (It's roughly what I use.)

Agreed. This works more efficiently. (It's roughly what I use.)

I think its time I explained why I have Weakening Blast before the Cull

My opener is as follows:

Orbital -> Lethal Shot ->

DoT1 -> Weakening Blast -> DoT2 Cull ->

Takedown -> Lethal Shot -> SoS -> Cull -> rotation

And so because Weakening Blast has an 18 second cooldown and is first used before a Cull, it ends up before cull every time. And using Weakening Blast before any DoTs are put up is a DPS loss.

And yes, the DoTs are clipped the first time around, as otherwise you do have to delay Cull a lot, and delaying Cull is stupid.

Though as others have noted, its better to clip SoS then to delay Cull, as such I'd move SoS to the end of each SoS block, so it becomes:

Takedown -> Filler -> Weakening Blast -> DoT/Filler -> Cull ->

Takedown -> DoT/Filler -> Series of Shot -> Cull -> Repeat

Edited by TACeMossie

... And using Weakening Blast before all the DoTs are put up is a DPS loss.

How is it a DPS loss? Both Corrosive Grenade and Corrosive Dart tick on impact, the amount of ticks in the 10s window should be equal?

At least on my Slinger it seems to be equal (1.47% alac), 2 hits from initial Hemorr/WB and 14 ticks afterwards with both 'rotations':

WB- > CD -> CG

CD -> CG -> WB

Even if you do lose a tick or two in the opener (e.g. without alacrity?), you should be regaining ticks every time you use Lethal Shot after WB instead of using Lethal shot before WB?

Edited by MFollin

Is there any way to get the set-bonus lvl 60 armor besdies running Ops / HMs (?) that drop the tokens?

If you are crazy enough (like I am) there is always the PvP option. Of course, the PvP set bonus doesn't stack with the PvE one, so if you have 5 PvP pieces and a PvE piece you'll only get the benefit of the 4-piece bonus.

However with virulence, the old set bonus is pretty much just as good as the new one, so the only reason we are using the new bonus is because it has a higher armor rating - so if you can get the old 4-piece set bonus with Dread Forged or Dread Master armorings, there is no need to PvP beyond the new 2-piece set bonus (Belt + Bracers)

One final note. Do not, Under ANY circumstances AT ALL, bring gear with a rating higher than 162 into PvP. You will be useless to your entire team to the extent you are worse than a free kill - you are a free kill that prevents your team mates getting a contributing player with them.

162s bolster pretty much perfectly anyway. Though for some reason, ship parts also add some gear to your bolster, so equip your ship as well.

Edited by TACeMossie

Anyone going to write a real guide, soon?

Expect to see my guide by the end of the week (hopefully). I also apologize for taking this long to write up a guide as I was busy with school/competitive raiding. I will be posting it on the SWTOR forums as well as another website.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.