Lethal Shot replaces Snipe

VdFExarKun

From the eyes and mind of one who just the other day started his very first IMperial Agent, and chose the sniper class.

I persoanlly will need time to learn to "know" my class, various skill -builds etc etc.

But so far, combat wise in the game I found the sniper to be AWESOME! but a very very hard class to learn, and possibly even Master.

Now I heard they removed this and added that etc, and really can't give any imput on that particular subject.

I do however feel the Whole "snipe" skill basically could be replaced , but again I'm Level 17ish so what do I know.

I hardly used it, and for the most time I do perfectly fine With other skills/abilities

ONLY thin I noted in a "negative" way though was in most of the dialogue animations the sniper usues a "back-up" blaster pistol, in the game this has been changed to knife........I can understand why though.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The post you quoted seemed like a troll post to me. You disagree, fine.

The removal of the evasion purge seems like a big deal, just wondering why noone else is concerned about it.

Plenty are concerned, but most know there's no point in ranting about it until it goes live. With all the uncleanseable dot's the huge dr could be decent.

Low self esteem is normally at the root of insecure behavior. Such as defending himself against a L2P argument that was never made. I also resent the accusation of trolling, half the time I seriously doubt people even know what that word means anymore. However I can assure my post was sincere, and I'm pretty sure the post I was expounding on was too.

As for why purge was removed. They actually explained that it was because the purpose of a purge is only to allow stealth classes to stealth when they're dot'd. It was removed for stylistic reason, just like ops lost orbital strike.

What are you? Some kind of psychologist? If no, then pls **** about self esteem and insecure behaviour. Your passive aggresive troll behaviour won't make anything you write seem more right than what everybody else writes.

Almost seems I'm talking here to evolixe.:rolleyes:

The new Evasion seems ok but honestly, I would have gone with 100% instead of 75%, why? Well, we can't really evade the dmg can we? How long does Evasion last? Not very long. Can we heal ourselves up by a huge amount? No.

Sniper is gonna eat the dmg, no matter what you do and to regain health you are depending on a healer.

Look at other classes and you see that it's not fair, cause other DPS classes don't need it necessarily and don't bring up that stupid cover argument and try to say that the cover mechanic is a blessing because it's also a curse. Once the pain train is on you, you can roll away once and then have to wait for 20 seconds to do it again. I guess no one in the game has something like Force Speed or Hydraulic Override or Obliterate etc. to get close to you again in less than 3 seconds and not to forget the case when your roll bugs and you actually don't roll away but just roll on the spot.

And where is that new ability BW said the Sniper class needs for survivability? There is none, instead they are trying to sell the change of Evasion as that.

Yeah BW, that Evasion change... you could have done that months ago already. I guess you kept it locked away so you can sell it to us for 3.0 in order to not give us a new ability for survivability and I'm still surprised that they didn't change the amount of absorbed dmg by Shield Probe.

Btw why doesn't Deathfield behave like Smash? Why doesn't behave Frag Grenade like Smash?

I guess when you people talk about "BW wants you to play Sniper like this and that" then I would assume that BW wants you to only play PvE and not PvP because if you do, the joke will be on you.

Edited by VdFExarKun

I just heard the dumbest thing ever on the swtor live stream.

Apparently Lethal Shot replaces Snipe in the rotation of Lethality.

Are you *********** serious?!

First off, there is no rotation for Lethality but a priority list. So good that BW doesn't know that.

Secondly, you don't use Snipe as a Lethality Sniper.

Guess who's playing his Sniper since ages and who is All-Galaxy Sniper and Slinger and will be soon Famously Furious Sniper and Slinger that has never ever used Snipe while playing Lethality/Dirty Fighting.

I applaud you BW for not knowing your own class. No wonder why Sniper had such a hard time this year and prolly will too next year. Explains a lot.

It's surely not the coolest change they made to Virulence, but I think it'll find a decent spot in 3.0 rotations.

Lethal Shot has a poison damage part to it, which enjoys the following benefits according to Dulfy:

Crit with poison effect restores 2 energy

Poison effects on targets with less than 30% health does 15% more damage

Corrosive Grenade leaves a debuff that increases incoming internal damage by 7%

Weakening Blast triggers on poison effects, so Lethal Shots probably triggers it as well.

With Snap Shot and Stroke of Genius Utility (not sure I'd use the latter though), you can get a lot of instant Lethal Shots you couldn't really get pre-3.0.

Again, Lethal Shot is not exactly amazing, but I think it'll still be a decent skill for Virulence.

Edited by MFollin

It's surely not the coolest change they made to Virulence, but I think it'll find a decent spot in 3.0 rotations.

Lethal Shot has a poison damage part to it, which enjoys the following benefits according to Dulfy:

Crit with poison effect restores 2 energy

Poison effects on targets with less than 30% health does 15% more damage

Corrosive Grenade leaves a debuff that increases incoming internal damage by 7%

Weakening Blast triggers on poison effects, so Lethal Shots probably triggers it as well.

With Snap Shot and Stroke of Genius Utility (not sure I'd use the latter though), you can get a lot of instant Lethal Shots you couldn't really get pre-3.0.

Again, Lethal Shot is not exactly amazing, but I think it'll still be a decent skill for Virulence.

Maybe for PVE, decent players tend to LOS a sniper/gs or just train them, sniper is for as far asi have seen, the most healing dependant class in game = heal bi**. Not good at all. The only way to replace that is having a quick and strong burst.......so lol at ur 4 GCD "rotation", no area stun, no area damage against all the buffed classes that have movement buffed and improved.

Maybe for PVE, decent players tend to LOS a sniper/gs or just train them, sniper is for as far asi have seen, the most healing dependant class in game = heal bi**. Not good at all. The only way to replace that is having a quick and strong burst.......so lol at ur 4 GCD "rotation", no area stun, no area damage against all the buffed classes that have movement buffed and improved.

I don't see what any of that really has to do with Lethal Shot as such, the issues you raise go well beyond what Lethal Shot is affecting. The LoS is part of being a ranged class and the train/heal-dependence is down to defensive capabilities.

As for burst Lethality/Virulence has never really been 'bursty", at least not compared to SoS + SV + SoS in MM or Exp-Probe+SoS in Eng. In fact, with Laze Target affecting Cull instead of Lethal Shot your Cull should be a lot better for Burst damage now than before 3.0.

Edited by MFollin

I don't see what any of that really has to do with Lethal Shot as such, the issues you raise go well beyond what Lethal Shot is affecting. The LoS is part of being a ranged class and the train/heal-dependence is down to defensive capabilities.

As for burst Lethality/Virulence has never really been 'bursty", at least not compared to SoS + SV + SoS in MM or Exp-Probe+SoS in Eng. In fact, with Laze Target affecting Cull instead of Lethal Shot your Cull should be a lot better for Burst damage now than before 3.0.

So u don't see what is happening with Sniper/GS and Mara/Sents? Meta is changing both classes are healing spounges that will perform pretty well if 8v8 rankeds were active. u can forsee a VG/PT eating u alive while ur dot"rotation" is landing? u trying to create a gap and the guy loling at ur dots/roots/stuns. Shouyld i tell u whata warrior will do to u? They took away a cleanse in a dot game, they gave an extended duration on this class dots (LOLOLOLOL) and cleanses to ur nemesis. try to do something after a shadow/assa opens on u with their new double super dupper buffed moves. Is not about the ability "Lethal Shot", this game is about burst damage or damage pressure. This class is a liability. And pls don't tell me DF/Leth has no burst lol. This PVE stupid new abilities are not even a thing.

So u don't see what is happening with Sniper/GS and Mara/Sents? Meta is changing both classes are healing spounges that will perform pretty well if 8v8 rankeds were active. u can forsee a VG/PT eating u alive while ur dot"rotation" is landing? u trying to create a gap and the guy loling at ur dots/roots/stuns. Shouyld i tell u whata warrior will do to u? They took away a cleanse in a dot game, they gave an extended duration on this class dots (LOLOLOLOL) and cleanses to ur nemesis. try to do something after a shadow/assa opens on u with their new double super dupper buffed moves. Is not about the ability "Lethal Shot", this game is about burst damage or damage pressure. This class is a liability. And pls don't tell me DF/Leth has no burst lol. This PVE stupid new abilities are not even a thing.

This thread is about the ability Lethal Shot, and that's been my point in both my posts to you. The issues you describe have very little to do with Lethal Shot and a lot more to do with the class as a whole.

Btw if I understood it right, Evasion's duration will be 3 secs for all Snipers, no way to increase its duration with set bonus or via talent anymore.

So, no purge of dots anymore, lasts only 3 secs no way to increase that anymore and has a CD of 1 min.

But it now gives us 75% dmg reduction against blah dmg - wow...

What a fair trade that is. It should be either 100% or reduce the CD of it because 1 min for 3 secs is a bit too much and 3 seconds? Well you blink once with your eyes and 3 secs are over and your dead.

This thread is about the ability Lethal Shot, and that's been my point in both my posts to you. The issues you describe have very little to do with Lethal Shot and a lot more to do with the class as a whole.

This thread is about the Sniper/Slinger changes in general and not only about Lame Shot.

And whoever takes the utility Snap Shot for PvP deserves to get globaled.

This post is about a decent player telling BW that what they gave to this spec is retarded and that is not the issue that needed a solution for the class in PVP. Hell i rather prefer they left the class as it was so i least can cleanse some dots and keep trying to dps someone. Theres no trade off between removing the benefits of dodge (and letting it be 3 seconds LOL) and giving another dot that procs a damage ability. Sounds good in paper, but guess what u can't DPS if ur toon dies like a mosquito.

This thread is about the Sniper/Slinger changes in general and not only about Lame Shot.

Then you didnt exactly pick a good name for the thread. OP doesn't contain anything else except comments about Lethal Shot.

And whoever takes the utility Snap Shot for PvP deserves to get globaled.

A quick exit+reenter cover while your enemy is out of LoS can give you an instant Lethal Shot without much risk. Of course it's situational, but if your enemy keeps using LoS to stop your casts it's a decent tool to deal some damage.

Edited by MFollin

This post is about a decent player telling BW that what they gave to this spec is retarded and that is not the issue that needed a solution for the class in PVP. Hell i rather prefer they left the class as it was so i least can cleanse some dots and keep trying to dps someone. Theres no trade off between removing the benefits of dodge (and letting it be 3 seconds LOL) and giving another dot that procs a damage ability. Sounds good in paper, but guess what u can't DPS if ur toon dies like a mosquito.

What's your point? You think they nerfed Dodge in order to boost Snipe?

A quick exit+reenter cover while your enemy is out of LoS can give you an instant Lethal Shot without much risk.

I don't think that you have played a lot of PvP as a Sniper/Slinger in the past.

The moment you leave your cover, you will get charged, pulled, stunned or in general raped.

It sounds very easy to exit and reenter cover but in PvP, the risk is too great and I'm not only talking about solo ranked here.

There are players out there, that just wait for you to get out of your cover so they can do some evil stuff to you and if the Sniper will still be target No1 after 3.0, you can assume that all attention from the enemy team will be on you.

It is not an option to go out of cover and reenter it quickly, all it takes is a split second to stunrape you.

And the thing is, every dmg you take, you take. No way for you to regain all that lost HP and everybody knows about it.

So you can prolly assume that Sniper will still be target No1 after 3.0.

And you might have to play Lethality for PvP since it has 30% dot reduction which the other disciplines dont have.

Also I heard that dots will be a thing after 3.0 and that Snipers won't be able to purge them anymore.

Honestly, I get the feeling that our survivability was nerfed again and not the other way around. Will see on live... but I got a pretty good picture already how it will look on live servers.:rolleyes:

I'm not seeing the problem here. They redesigned weakening blast so that it triggers when enemies take poison damage. They gave leth snipers a new snipe that does poison damage so it works with the new weakening blast. What's all of the commotion about?

I don't think that you have played a lot of PvP as a Sniper/Slinger in the past.

The moment you leave your cover, you will get charged, pulled, stunned or in general raped.

It sounds very easy to exit and reenter cover but in PvP, the risk is too great and I'm not only talking about solo ranked here.

There are players out there, that just wait for you to get out of your cover so they can do some evil stuff to you and if the Sniper will still be target No1 after 3.0, you can assume that all attention from the enemy team will be on you.

It is not an option to go out of cover and reenter it quickly, all it takes is a split second to stunrape you.

Again, it depends on the situation. Obviously you don't do a exit+reenter if there's a bunch of melees ready to jump you. I've also seen you play on Twitch, and there's plenty of times where you could easily drop out of cover + reenter without any risk. Rolls also proc Snap Shot, and I know you use that a lot as well :p

And the thing is, every dmg you take, you take. No way for you to regain all that lost HP and everybody knows about it.

So you can prolly assume that Sniper will still be target No1 after 3.0.

And you might have to play Lethality for PvP since it has 30% dot reduction which the other disciplines dont have.

Also I heard that dots will be a thing after 3.0 and that Snipers won't be able to purge them anymore.

Honestly, I get the feeling that our survivability was nerfed again and not the other way around. Will see on live... but I got a pretty good picture already how it will look on live servers.:rolleyes:

Of what I can see so far, survivability has gone down quite a lot. Diversion and the -75% inc damage from Evasion+Cover are useful, but over a full fight they don't really make up for what was lost.

Edited by MFollin

Bio-quote about 3.0 snipers:

- Do you think utilities now provide gunslingers with enough defense to be competitive ranked PvP?

- We will have to wait and see. Biggest issue with gunslingers is in solo ranked as random pugs don’t know how to play with a gunslinger. We might add something but we definitely take a wait and see approach.

L2P from Bioware! :D KK then...

Again, it depends on the situation. Obviously you don't do a exit+reenter if there's a bunch of melees ready to jump you. I've also seen you play on Twitch, and there's plenty of times where you could easily drop out of cover + reenter without any risk. Rolls also proc Snap Shot, and I know you use that a lot as well :p

Yes sure, I could but why would I do that if I have like other abilities ready that are higher on the priority list?

Also I rather use my time to run around or position myself new or to help my teammates or to anticipate enemy movement instead of trying to exit + reenter cover to get that shot off and not to forget, most of the times I have to run for my life.

And again, as a Lethality Sniper you don't use Snipe. Yet they gave Lethality Sniper a replacement for Snipe to use in a non-existing rotation. Double U T F

Of what I can see so far, survivability has gone down quite a lot. Diversion and the -75% inc damage from Evasion+Cover are useful, but over a full fight they don't really make up for what was lost.

Exactly. The number of players that still play Sniper should even more decline after 3.0.

You might need even better kiting skills after 3.0.

Yes sure, I could but why would I do that if I have like other abilities ready that are higher on the priority list?

Also I rather use my time to run around or position myself new or to help my teammates or to anticipate enemy movement instead of trying to exit + reenter cover to get that shot off and not to forget, most of the times I have to run for my life.

And again, as a Lethality Sniper you don't use Snipe. Yet they gave Lethality Sniper a replacement for Snipe to use in a non-existing rotation. Double U T F

It depends on the situation, e.g. situations where your opponent moves in LoS, hits you with an instant attack and moves out of LoS before you can really hit him back (e.g. an Arsenal Merc). Even there DoTs are higher priority of course, but SoS and Cull IMO falls short in those situations since you often won't get to finish much of the channel before your target is out of LoS again. Instant Lethal Shot can be useful there.

With that said, Lethal Shot is probably the lowest priority in Virulence "rotation".

Exactly. The number of players that still play Sniper should even more decline after 3.0.

You might need even better kiting skills after 3.0.

It wouldn't surprise me if that happened. Hopefully leveling + gearing up will take enough time for the Devs to figure out what needs to be done before we're too far into S4.

Edited by MFollin

It depends on the situation, e.g. situations where your opponent moves in LoS, hits you with an instant attack and moves out of LoS before you can really hit him back (e.g. an Arsenal Merc). Even there DoTs are higher priority of course, but SoS and Cull IMO falls short in those situations since you often won't get to finish much of the channel before your target is out of LoS again. Instant Lethal Shot can be useful there.

With that said, Lethal Shot is probably the lowest priority in Virulence "rotation".

You know how rare these situations are? Not useful to take Snap Shot.

It wouldn't surprise me if that happened. Hopefully leveling + gearing up will take enough time for the Devs to figure out what needs to be done before we're too far into S4.

Yes they will and nerf Snipers survivability even more because of 18k Ambushes.:rolleyes:

You know how rare these situations are? Not useful to take Snap Shot.

They're rare now, but given 3.0 Mercs have been given quite a few extra instant attacks (Priming Shot is instant + makes next Tracer instant) it might change. I think Sorcs got a few as well.

Then there's also the combination of Ballistic Dampeners, as they run on the same 6 second cooldown IIRC.

Yes they will and nerf Snipers survivability even more because of 18k Ambushes.:rolleyes:

Haha :p

Edited by MFollin

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.