3.0 DPS target values - all classes and specs

Levram

From today's LiveStream:

Sustained melee/ranged DPS: 4,325 DPS

Burst melee DPS: 4,125 DPS

Burst ranged DPS: 3,925 DPS

These are the guildlines for a character in full 198 gear hitting a target with all Class debuffs on them.

Edited by Levram

From today's LiveStream:

Sustained melee/ranged DPS: 4,325 DPS

Burst melee DPS: 4,125 DPS

Burst ranged DPS: 3,925 DPS

These are the guildlines for a character in full 198 gear hitting a target with all Class debuffs on them.

I'll type up a transcript of the full response later this evening.

I like this game, and think calss design is really good here, but ther eare a couple of things i don't really agree with for good reason.

1. that sustained dps should be more than ranged, it should beon a spec to spec basis, cos if you look at the sages/sorc - sustained has greater mmobility and an easier time doing it's ma damage under pressure, which means that even when TK was at higher dps on dummies, balance out performed it for most fights with most players, the gap is way to big

Also why is ranged dps so low down? at the bottom, is it because melee have a harder time doing their damage and are therefore rewarded with higher dps? by that same logic, why are the ranged burst specs punished even though in the case of TK they are harder to play and maximise thanks to pushback and being horrible in movement.. it doesn't add up and it isn't fair.

What is the advantage of playing burst spec then? PvP? not for TK, your lack of mobility and easily interruptible/timed cast make balance a whole lot better anyway. PvE? balance churns out more damage according to this, by some distance too and has an easier time doing so, especially when movement is invovled. AoE? the aoe damage is nearly the same now. What advantage does the burst spec for Sages have? 0 -- oh, you can actually get a few more hits in on trash mobs before they're killed.. that's just swell.

Please guys you have to re-think this, it cannot be like that accross board, certainly not for TK sages at least. where is the advantage?

SECONDLY:

I don't agree with the freeze on depth, the classes are way too young and the abilities far too few for anything like that to be an issue now, compare this to wow who had to trim down, but then their classes had nearly twice if not more active abilities going than the current swtor equivalents.

i hear it's fear of the classes being inaccessible to new players? that seems at first sight fair enough, but actually it isn't, new players can do all the content and the SM OPs and tacticals without needing to master their class now, more depth won't make the class seem inaccessible. And if they want to master their class? they likely want to compete in hard modes and arenas, and you'll find that when they get that determined the classes quickly become too simple and more depth is appreciated. I may be tainted by wow in this respect, and hoping for the same level of growth in depth. but i came from the angle that the classes were intentionally not that deep because they were going to grow more depth and that SWTOR was pacing itself much better so that it would grow with depth, slower, but much better.

was gutted to discover there is no plan for any growth of depth, this i don't think is good, , the specs are no where near complex enough atm, don't have that man y classes either, they have a lot more room, right now they're easy to play and easy to master, i can do easy to play and difficult to master. They're easy to play, easy to master, but hard to perfect, but you don't need perfect, you need master.