Will missions be reset upon the release of 3.0?

Lt_Awoke

I have not seen it asked or answered about 3.0, but the last time around, when 2.0 launched, they did reset progress on missions of the [DAILY] and [WEEKLY] sort that were in your mission log, and they also deleted certain obsolete missions that were taken out of the game. This did not affect missions like the ones you do to unlock the mounts, because those were not "version bumped" in the new release.

Due to Game Update 2.0: Scum and Villainy and Rise of the Hutt Cartel creating new versions or replacing missions (such as PvP, [DAILY], and [WEEKLY] missions), you may find that your Mission Log has been altered or that missions you had completed before the patch but did not turn in have been reset or cleared.

http://www.swtor.com/community/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=6114673

The pending mission bar rewards were not cleared by the mission log reset, and maybe they will not be again when 3.0 hits. But they did roll in a "restriction" in a recent patch where if you have 3 reward windows stacked in the pending bar, you can't accept any shared missions or queue for group finder. So unless you had a bunch of them stacked before that patch, it appears that now you can stack at most only 3 pending group finder rewards.

Edited by Heezdedjim

I have not seen it asked or answered about 3.0, but the last time around, when 2.0 launched, they did reset progress on missions of the [DAILY] and [WEEKLY] sort that were in your mission log, and they also deleted certain obsolete missions that were taken out of the game. This did not affect missions like the ones you do to unlock the mounts, because those were not "version bumped" in the new release.
That's what I asked and wanted to know before it was released. I also didn't see it asked and/or answered so I figured I should ask anyway :). I was here for the 2.0 update but thanks for letting me know how it went down.
The pending mission bar rewards were not cleared by the mission log reset, and maybe they will not be again when 3.0 hits. But they did roll in a "restriction" in a recent patch where if you have 3 reward windows stacked in the pending bar, you can't accept any shared missions or queue for group finder. So unless you had a bunch of them stacked before that patch, it appears that now you can stack at most only 3 pending group finder rewards.
I remember this being released but it was different than missions that were completed & never turned in. From my own testing of what they changed, I was able to stack up to 15 "pending" missions but I had to accept all but one to use Group Finder, get new missions or leave fleet through the ship instance.

This did not affect missions like the ones you do to unlock the mounts, because those were not "version bumped" in the new release.

I would hope that this extends to quests like the Oricon and CZ-198 dailies & weeklies. I guess I shouldn't be surprised if history repeats itself regarding the PvP, FP and Ops dailies & weeklies.

A little notice about what will happen would be appreciated... before the expansion starts patching this time.

I think the daily and weekly missions in 2.0 might have been reset because they awarded Daily and Black Hole comms before the patch, and the rewards were changed to Classic comms, necessitating the reset. I think that for missions that ONLY award Basic comms already, those have a shot at staying complete, because they won't have to be changed. So CZ and Oricon might be okay, whereas Black Hole and Section X missions will almost certainly be reset since they award Classics now. I went ahead and did them on a few toons since they're so fast, but if they do wind up getting reset, it's not a big deal. Worth a shot, anyway.

This did not affect missions like the ones you do to unlock the mounts, because those were not "version bumped" in the new release.

No story or planet or side quests were affected either. Which is how people were 54 five minutes into servers coming back up.