Question about Ship Requisition

bryan_starwars

What are you suppose to do with a mastered ship other than just play it for fun? Ship req is pretty useless when you can't spend it on anything anymore.

You have upgraded every single components on your ship?? Well either you convert it if you have money and CC to lose or you keep it in hope the will adds new components to the ship.

As far as flying the ship goes.... For fun, for competition...

Here is the honest truth of what you do with ship req once you master a ship and get 10% more free.

You pay for more dev time via cartel coins.

You build up a big pile of ship req (like 180k) and transfer it to fleet req. (Yay! you just paid for dev time!) then you use that req to master another ship.

Rinse, repeat.

I disagree- not because I have any problems with ship to fleet conversion, but because if you buy all the components on your ship, you have a lot of your other ships at least mastered- you shouldn't need to chase it with ship to fleet.

I disagree- not because I have any problems with ship to fleet conversion, but because if you buy all the components on your ship, you have a lot of your other ships at least mastered- you shouldn't need to chase it with ship to fleet.

But when you master you first ship, your number one priority should be mastering other ships and polishing your crew. Maybe even buying ships too, although that one is unlikely.

The thing is that none of them is available with your "reward". And if you're satisfied with your mastered ship current components, then you don't have a use for them at all.

Requisitions are just piling, and the system is whispering at you "hey, I now you need requisitions... Drop a bit of coins and I'll help you".

Sure, the majority of them would be piling there regardless of the "reward", but the choice of the reward itself, its nature is... Well, let's just say it's not unnatural to think devs tried to milk us. For some people, this reward is just "spend more to speed up things more". Personally I felt it that way, and it's unpleasant.

1- If your ship is just mastered, then I suggest you go for complete (complete is, you can't spend any more req on the ship- it is literally impossible because everything is unlocked). I think it's nice to play all the different components- after all, the devs might come in and address the really weak ones, and then you'll be glad you have them because they'll be different playstyles.

2- If you played your ship and got it mastered, but aren't interested in the other components, then I'd say you aren't really done with ship req at all- you just picked a point to stop before you were done. In general, I would recommend only converting ship to fleet to buy new ships (I strongly recommend unlocking each ship, and spending dollars to make this conversion if need be), and vital crewmembers (if you are missing C2N2/Blizz, 2VR8/Yunn, Nadia,Vector, Lt. Pierce, Jaesa Williams, or Akaavi Spar). At most, converting to unlock the initial tier (the 1000 req components) is not a great burden either. The thing where you drop 6000 cartel coins and 150k ship req to insta-master a new ship feels sort of pay-to-win, but I mean, if you want to do it you can.

3- Zaskar is correct that this is an intended revenue stream, and using it as intended (to buy ships and a couple really good crewmembers) is very inexpensive- less than 20 bucks for sure, and likely nowhere close to that, and fully sustainable on your general cartel coin income just from being a scrippie or whatevs.

4- I like flying mastered ships to get more components to try new things. I'm not a completionist in most games, but I really like GSF so I am actually trying to eventually get every ship complete.

5- You don't need to do anything "the hard way" in GSF. Barring the few games where you boot up a fresh character, you don't need to play stock ships ever if you don't want, and you don't need to spend much time on an unmastered ship if you don't want to either. The daily and weekly tokens are quite generous and are becoming more so. If you just bought a fresh ship, go wait two weeks of popping tokens and then see how you just effortlessly vault over the stock section of the ship.

6- If you are willing to spend EVEN JUST LIKE A FEW CARTEL COINS: You can, if you want, even push cartel coins into the few upgrades that really make a difference- it might be 6000 cartel coins to master a ship from stock with extra req on another ship, but it's 540 to go from NO ranks in distortion field to max. IMO that's a bit too much, but the point I'm making is that huge upgrades are not that expensive if you are converting ship req that you don't plan on using.

In general, I think that converting ship to fleet to unlock the fleet things feels good. It's a few bucks at most, and it's clearly the less grindy way to unlock everything. The weekly and daily ship tokens are clearly trying to get you to unlock all the ships (or all the ships you care about, which is really probably all the ships), and that's the angle they lever to get you to pay- but it's a pretty big lever to extract like eight bucks, so I'm fine with it. It seems like it's the "right" way.

Meanwhile, everything that converts fleet req to ship req feels like hefty disguised macropayments. Every ship in the whole game from scratch costs 45,000 fleet requisition. 45,000 fleet req converted to ship req gets a single ship a third of the way to mastered. A week's worth of ship tokens popped on the twelve req ships is 93,000 and is going up in a couple weeks.

Anyway, that's my recommendation on that. If you are unable to pay even a few cartel coins- like a full free to play guy- then ship req just becomes dead to you once you have completed the ship, which takes months of play. If you artificially chose another spot- say, all mastered components- then you can believe you are at that spot earlier than you really are. If you are a normal player, the few cartel coins you get by buying or scripping will get you your baseline fleet stuff reasonably, and if you are a whale you just go ahead and move fat stacks of req around, a cash outlay that can go up past a hundred dollars if you do it on more than two ships and saves you a few weeks of play on a specific ship, or lets you play a specific ship a bit faster. I just really feel that the last option is not a very solid deal, but it really comes to your own finances there.

1- If your ship is just mastered, then I suggest you go for complete (complete is, you can't spend any more req on the ship- it is literally impossible because everything is unlocked). I think it's nice to play all the different components- after all, the devs might come in and address the really weak ones, and then you'll be glad you have them because they'll be different playstyles.

2- If you played your ship and got it mastered, but aren't interested in the other components, then I'd say you aren't really done with ship req at all- you just picked a point to stop before you were done. In general, I would recommend only converting ship to fleet to buy new ships (I strongly recommend unlocking each ship, and spending dollars to make this conversion if need be), and vital crewmembers (if you are missing C2N2/Blizz, 2VR8/Yunn, Nadia,Vector, Lt. Pierce, Jaesa Williams, or Akaavi Spar). At most, converting to unlock the initial tier (the 1000 req components) is not a great burden either. The thing where you drop 6000 cartel coins and 150k ship req to insta-master a new ship feels sort of pay-to-win, but I mean, if you want to do it you can.

3- Zaskar is correct that this is an intended revenue stream, and using it as intended (to buy ships and a couple really good crewmembers) is very inexpensive- less than 20 bucks for sure, and likely nowhere close to that, and fully sustainable on your general cartel coin income just from being a scrippie or whatevs.

4- I like flying mastered ships to get more components to try new things. I'm not a completionist in most games, but I really like GSF so I am actually trying to eventually get every ship complete.

5- You don't need to do anything "the hard way" in GSF. Barring the few games where you boot up a fresh character, you don't need to play stock ships ever if you don't want, and you don't need to spend much time on an unmastered ship if you don't want to either. The daily and weekly tokens are quite generous and are becoming more so. If you just bought a fresh ship, go wait two weeks of popping tokens and then see how you just effortlessly vault over the stock section of the ship.

6- If you are willing to spend EVEN JUST LIKE A FEW CARTEL COINS: You can, if you want, even push cartel coins into the few upgrades that really make a difference- it might be 6000 cartel coins to master a ship from stock with extra req on another ship, but it's 540 to go from NO ranks in distortion field to max. IMO that's a bit too much, but the point I'm making is that huge upgrades are not that expensive if you are converting ship req that you don't plan on using.

In general, I think that converting ship to fleet to unlock the fleet things feels good. It's a few bucks at most, and it's clearly the less grindy way to unlock everything. The weekly and daily ship tokens are clearly trying to get you to unlock all the ships (or all the ships you care about, which is really probably all the ships), and that's the angle they lever to get you to pay- but it's a pretty big lever to extract like eight bucks, so I'm fine with it. It seems like it's the "right" way.

Meanwhile, everything that converts fleet req to ship req feels like hefty disguised macropayments. Every ship in the whole game from scratch costs 45,000 fleet requisition. 45,000 fleet req converted to ship req gets a single ship a third of the way to mastered. A week's worth of ship tokens popped on the twelve req ships is 93,000 and is going up in a couple weeks.

Anyway, that's my recommendation on that. If you are unable to pay even a few cartel coins- like a full free to play guy- then ship req just becomes dead to you once you have completed the ship, which takes months of play. If you artificially chose another spot- say, all mastered components- then you can believe you are at that spot earlier than you really are. If you are a normal player, the few cartel coins you get by buying or scripping will get you your baseline fleet stuff reasonably, and if you are a whale you just go ahead and move fat stacks of req around, a cash outlay that can go up past a hundred dollars if you do it on more than two ships and saves you a few weeks of play on a specific ship, or lets you play a specific ship a bit faster. I just really feel that the last option is not a very solid deal, but it really comes to your own finances there.

This is some really good advice. My ship was mastered in the first few months that GSF was released to subscribers (it is maxed out as far as having a build that fits my play style). I enjoyed playing my maxed out ship after that so I ended up with like 90k ship req and 16k fleet req before the full GSF expansion was released. I put GSF down for awhile to level some new characters and raid with my guild. As it stands, I can probably dump most of the surplus Req into components that I don't use. I probably won't spend any CC to convert Req unless I want to buy a new ship or what not. I will just grind some new req for my new ships and see what comes in 3.0