Renewed Yet Again

Nyghtfal

With the new Star Wars sequel coming out next year, I know I'm going to renew anyway. Seeing Big Hero 6 Tuesday night wound up reinforcing my fondness for laser swords, so I decided to renew now.

I've lost count of the number of times I've quit and re-joined. Sometimes, I've quit less than 24 hours after re-joining. My wife doesn't know what to do with me anymore.

I started with early access in 2011, and have never reached max level with any character. Maybe this time I'll finally maintain interest long enough to do so. I'm hoping the new Disciplines coming with 3.0 will help. They sound promising.

After spending nearly an hour coming up with a name that wasn't taken, I finally managed to roll a new Jedi Knight named Lynnora, on The Ebon Hawk. She's going to be a Sentinal.

Is the 12x XP optional? I'm not going to pre-order the expansion if I'm going to be forced to out-level my gear at every turn.

Edited by Nyghtfal

No, the 12x XP isn't optional.

That's unfortunate.

Also, I believe you mean you're going to be a Sentinel. Jedi Knights can't be Marauders. That is the Sith Warrior. :p

D'oh! Right. Thanks. I've corrected my original post, and my sig.

Edited by Nyghtfal

Luckily, 3.0 is right around the corner anyway, so you don't have to wait that long until you can purchase it normally...

Yup, at least my timing worked out well enough on that point.

... (assuming you stay that long). :o

Indeed. ;)

Edited by Nyghtfal

Is the 12x XP optional? I'm not going to pre-order the expansion if I'm going to be forced to out-level my gear at every turn.

I've also returned to SWTOR after a couple of years break, for the XP bump and Revan expansion. The 12x XP bump only lasts until December 1st, and applies only to the class story quests. I hope they bring the XP bump back in the future. :)

12 levels later, I'm still here, and I'm reasonably sure it's for good this time, because:

* I'm stunned that the name I came up with was available, and it sounds really cool with my Legacy name:

Lynnora Nyghtfall

* Kari Wahlgren is a lot more fun to listen to than Mark Bazeley, or David Hayter.

* Dual Lightsabers are hella more fun than one.

* I love the look I created for her.

* The highest level I've ever reached was 27, with a Sith Warrior. It's a lot less stressful, and much more gratifying, playing a Light Side Jedi Knight than trying to decide how much of a Dark Side Sith Warrior to play.

Since the expansion's right around the corner, I'm going to wait until it launches before I start speccing her and continue playing.

Edited by Nyghtfal