Please don't launch Disciplines without updating the Abilities Menu!

Ultimas

Currently clicking through the abilities menu is a bit clunky. At the very least could we get the abilities stacked in a menu similar to our Inventory with a space on the left or right dedicated to tooltips (however a mouse-over tooltip would suffice) and separated in categories Passive/Active/Pets/Vehicles/Companion.

Anybody else that doesn't like the current Abilities menu? :rak_02:

Seeing as I don't even open mine anymore, this seems like a waste of resources to me :p

I open mine when rearranging my skills (after Respeccing). I'm assuming that I probably am not the only one ;)

By Abilities menu, you mean to menu that pops up when you press "P" (by default)??

Because if you do, that's DEFINITELY not a reason to hold back Disciplines.

I'm assuming that this would be for the most part trivial to do. It should be extremely simple to do since it doesn't involve complicated things like balancing classes, the game economy, etc.

Well it is perhaps a little dated, but it is only necessary to use it after a talent tree reset and even then only if you have no free slots on your quickbars. It could be arranged in a grid instead of a list for most effective browsing

This are my feelings as well. Having a grid instead of a list (and my darkening skills that are placed on your quickbars and highlighting those that haven't) would be very, very useful to those that respec on the fly for FPs and OPS.

Highlighting those that are NOT assigned to your bars, as well as putting a revolving cursor around those that are brand new would be very helpful IMO. Especially to those that need to reassign abilities.

This would have to coincide with a separate change. New abilities are automatically placed on the first open spot on your hotbar. If you haven't noticed it there, then a highlighted border won't show.

This would have to coincide with a separate change. New abilities are automatically placed on the first open spot on your hotbar. If you haven't noticed it there, then a highlighted border won't show.

But when you redo your layout due to respec (or whatever) you are suck struggling what you already have in your bars and don't.

Then would totally love the following, especially hiding the passive abilities.

Some tick boxes across the top of the ability pane for filtering would be great. Filter out passive

abilities, show only discipline abilities, show all abilities etc.

Now speaking of talent trees, I'd say there's one feature really missing: clicking on a tree box should:

1. Allow to open a sticky effect description frame
  2. Highlight all the others skills/talent trees impacted by this
  3. Highlight the corresponding skills if they are in the quick slot bars.

Main issue right now, is too often when highlighting a skill the player has no clue of what it really does as only the name of the other impacted talents are named.

So the player need not only to remember the name of the other skills but also know what they do.

Bad thing especially in a game aimed at having players play with multiple alts.

Edited by Deewe