The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The first to level 60 gamble pool. Win credits!

JidaiDerriphan

There is achievement in being the first to complete a HM or harder operation.

Pointless "achievements" like being the first to cheese a level or complete an easy mode flashpoint are pointless. It's like being the first to, say, wipe on a particular quest. And?

There is no race to being the first guild to clear hard mode operations. Nightmare mode is the only meaningful operation race in the game, and even that race is generally meaningless these days with open PTS and nightmare Dread Palace being cleared within four hours of its Live release.

I refer you to this thread for the current discussion.

Edited by Levram

There is no race to being the first guild to clear hard mode operations.

No game-wide race, but server-wide, guilds still occasionally go for it. Kinda. It doesn't matter much, but on PvP servers and such, there's some desire to be the first, or the first on your imp/pub side, or so.

SM, on the other hand, is entirely meaningless and no one cares, just as no one cares about the first to level X.

your insight though is worth even less.

Actually, I found his insight to be very worthwhile. Much more so than any "server first" listed here which will most likely not be server first because there's a bunch of us to have been server firsts in the past and don't mention a thing about it because we are not that self-absorbed.

I wouldn't want to wager against anyone coming from PTS since they already ideally have the inside knowledge and with the nda in place we won't know who is part of the PTS making this all possibly rigged.

also thanks for the tip in this thread of hanging back behind everyone picking up the left over new materials, good idea though for this to work I'd probably need get my toon that uses bioanalysis to 55 which I kinda can't be bothered doing right now.