Be prepared?

ZackyFeet

Hi,

I was wondering what should I do to be prepared for SoR, should I do the forged Alliance story arc? Anything else that I should do to get in the 'mood' of the expansion. Also, what would be the best way to gear my toons quickly for the expansion.

Thanks,

If you have not done the Forged Alliances storyline thus far- yes! You should do it ASAP!

If you have already done it... Run it on an alt! It's an easy ~300k from the Recovered Relics, and you can see how a different class handles the story conversations.

If you've done that already- Why not dig up an old alt that you skipped the Revan flashpoints on, and run that storyline again? The conversations with Revan should at least tease you a bit for the expansion.

And if that's done, I suggest running KDY, Warzones, or my favorite: Galactic Starfighter. This should get you in the "war" mood.

And most importantly: dailies! Before the expansion goes live, full your quest journal with dailies and weeklies, complete them all, but do NOT hit accept on the reward display. Wait for day one of Shadow of Revan to accept the missions, thus welcoming you with a heap of credits and experience! It might even slingshot you to 56.

Gearing however, is a little more difficult. In theory you want full Dread Master, but that may not be feasible for you. I would just say run some hard mode flashpoints or some operations for the gear drops. Stronger gear the better, but do not buy anything with your commendations. All elites, ultimates, classics, and planetaries will be converted into basic commendations at 3.0's launch. If you stockpile enough, you can probably swing some nice gear to level through 60 in.

I also recommend using a companion with the same base stat as you for gear hand-me-downs.

I think that's everything!

If you have not done the Forged Alliances storyline thus far- yes! You should do it ASAP!

If you have already done it... Run it on an alt! It's an easy ~300k from the Recovered Relics, and you can see how a different class handles the story conversations.

If you've done that already- Why not dig up an old alt that you skipped the Revan flashpoints on, and run that storyline again? The conversations with Revan should at least tease you a bit for the expansion.

And if that's done, I suggest running KDY, Warzones, or my favorite: Galactic Starfighter. This should get you in the "war" mood.

And most importantly: dailies! Before the expansion goes live, full your quest journal with dailies and weeklies, complete them all, but do NOT hit accept on the reward display. Wait for day one of Shadow of Revan to accept the missions, thus welcoming you with a heap of credits and experience! It might even slingshot you to 56.

Gearing however, is a little more difficult. In theory you want full Dread Master, but that may not be feasible for you. I would just say run some hard mode flashpoints or some operations for the gear drops. Stronger gear the better, but do not buy anything with your commendations. All elites, ultimates, classics, and planetaries will be converted into basic commendations at 3.0's launch. If you stockpile enough, you can probably swing some nice gear to level through 60 in.

I also recommend using a companion with the same base stat as you for gear hand-me-downs.

I think that's everything!

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but your advice of stacking daily rewards for exp on that first day has been patched out. Bioware was one step ahead this time around. Some seem to be really upset about this change, I don't see why, but hey people gotta have something to complain about, a whole new x-pac, 2 planets, 2 ops, 4 hmfps, 5 levels, a complete skill tree change, a whole slew of new gear, both in game and cartel stuff is somehow not good enough. But hey, to each his own. Just thought I'd warn ya so you were not dissapointed come the 2nd/9th. Be well.

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but your advice of stacking daily rewards for exp on that first day has been patched out. Bioware was one step ahead this time around. Some seem to be really upset about this change, I don't see why, but hey people gotta have something to complain about, a whole new x-pac, 2 planets, 2 ops, 4 hmfps, 5 levels, a complete skill tree change, a whole slew of new gear, both in game and cartel stuff is somehow not good enough. But hey, to each his own. Just thought I'd warn ya so you were not dissapointed come the 2nd/9th. Be well.

i think he is talking about not handing the missions in not leave them pending.

Forged Alliance Arc was promised to be available solo with the expansion. That's how I plan to start it :) It is too hard to try to line up 4 Flashpoints through a GF in a proper order. If it is not available solo, well, then, I guess I will have to try to do the FPs :( and hope for miracles. Edited by DomiSotto

Hi,

I was wondering what should I do to be prepared for SoR, should I do the forged Alliance story arc? Anything else that I should do to get in the 'mood' of the expansion. Also, what would be the best way to gear my toons quickly for the expansion.

As has been said, you will most definitely need to do the whole Forged Alliance story arc before continuing into the SoR arc if you fully want to enjoy the story. However, you do not need to worry about doing them before the expansion goes live. See below

Forged Alliance Arc was promised to be available solo with the expansion. That's how I plan to start it :) It is too hard to try to line up 4 Flashpoints through a GF in a proper order. If it is not available solo, well, then, I guess I will have to try to do the FPs :( and hope for miracles.

No need to hope for miracles I think, like you said, it was announced that a solo mode version of the Forged Alliance arc would become available, so that everyone would have the chance to enjoy the full story arc. And you can say a lot of things about BioWare, but I truly doubt they'll not come true on this one.

What's the difference?

Pending means the reward is in the mission log ready to be accepted (upper right corner of your screen). Completing them without handing them in is just getting to the point where it says "Turn in at mission dropbox" or something similar, which means you're basically one click away from getting the rewards without it filling up the pending queue.

Pending is different to completing a quest and not handing it in, but yes 3 pending max excluding crew missions.

This is not entirely true. You can have more than three pending missions, but at three or higher there will be restrictions on what you can do.

I wouldn't worry a great deal about gearing if I were you. Makeb is the last levelling arc zone. Oricon etc are daily zones. The new area needs to fit into the levelling arc so you will be vectored from Makeb, to the new area. Therefore Makeb gear should be enough to start the arc in the new zones otherwise when you level a toon from 1 - 60 there would be a huge, highly complained about, gear gap between Makeb and the new place.

If you are sitting on 156 Oricon basic gear you will be golden.

Forged Alliance Arc was promised to be available solo with the expansion. That's how I plan to start it :) It is too hard to try to line up 4 Flashpoints through a GF in a proper order.

Why? You can enter GF with only the one FP you want selected if you want. You just won't get the daily reward.

• Imp side: do Tython, Korriban, Manaan, Rakata
  • Pub side: do Korriban, Tython, Manaan, Rakata

Do the convos/quest pick ups before and after each of course.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.